How to burn em?
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 3 of 41, 2, 3, 4
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:45 pm 

screwem wrote:Address will be on a winning eBay invoice, no?

I dont know would it. You guys are focused on MAX that you forget the original idea to get rid of max and JonB and TGE and cougar. So how does that happen? Obviously no one here will sell there collection to any of them but how to stop others from getting burned. Thats the ?

And barring no one listening how do we/I get under there skin as much as possible.

How about trying to contact everyone that they have screwed over in the past and trying to get them altogether to put together a case against the aforementitioned thieves. Why not try to get everyone to work together and let the police and/or the FBI handle it. Getting someone prosecuted for theft and mail fraud and having them spend time in jail is the best way to get back at them.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

** Banned **

Post Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:50 pm 

thats a great idea however I dont think it will will work. Too much proof involved. i think a much better way is small tactics. like screwing up there auctions and making them pay maximum for what they do buy. So ideas folks.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:58 pm 

screwem wrote:This is a D&D collection forum so I would submit this is the palce to talk about the subject matter as the collectors and sellers are the ones getting screwed by those stated here.

We all on this forum are being affected by those like cougar and Max and TGE and JonB etc etc.

The subject of how to deal with shady dealers is a valid topic for discussion.  However, the type of solutions you seem to be seeking are probably not going to change anyones behavior and are of questionable legality and morality.

You have to ask yourself, what you really want to achieve.  Is your goal to get back at someone who wronged you or is your goal to prevent others from being wronged.

Revenge might make you feel good for a little while, and it might make for an amusing story but its unlikely that it will put an end to (or even diminish) the behaviour you found objectionable.

In my opinion, the only thing that that will seriously put a dent in scamming, is education.  For example, if sellers were warned that a certain buyer has a habit of losing shipments that are m-bagged to him, you can bet those sellers would only ship by trackable means.

** Banned **

Post Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:20 pm 

Well we agree, education is an excellent thing. Thats why i say to email all the cougar jonb tge and max auctions and tell the sellers whats up. Thanks for your input. :D

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:05 am 

I don't think this is an appropriate strand because it deals with specific individuals as opposed to general best practices.

Complain to Ebay, file a police report, file bad credit reports or whatever.  Just don't launch personal attacks here.

Anyway....

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:55 am 

Well, I won 2 Curse on Hareths from the cat man by mistake, and he refused to ship together, so I paid him for one. When it gets here, I pay for the next, IF I am satisfied. If not, he gets a few negs with nastygrams, and I'll rip a chargeback. I don't care how much you ship per month, combining shipping is almost a required courtesy, and is ridiculously simple to do.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:30 am 

screwem wrote:How do these folks get stopped? Do you have an answer?

Well, about the least-productive thing imaginable would be to post a series of semi-literate ravings at a collecting forum. This whole thread is completely pointless.

Here's some ideas, though: File a police/FBI report. Complain to eBay. Complain to PayPal. Post specific details on one of the numerous "shady dealers" threads here. Post the same thing over at Dragonsfoot and other forums. Don't send untrackable packages to an asshat who has a habit of "losing" them. Or just suck it up, put him on your blocked list, and move on.

Also, you need to realize that Cougie is a different beast from those other idiots you keep mentioning. I mean, I truly loathe the guy, but even I'll admit that he's in it for the long haul. He's got product, he attracts steady bidding, he keeps his feedback above 99 percent, and he has an apparently limitless amount of time on his paws. Cougie's not going anywhere any time soon, and asking a collector's forum how to "burn" him isn't going to change that.

screwem wrote:So ideas folks

Here's three more. Identify yourself, post something relevant, and wake up to the fact that this isn't the Underhanded eBay Tactics forum.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:10 am 

It's about time this thread was locked.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:07 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:It's about time this thread was locked.

yes please do, the theme of this thread seems more about revenge than justice...something that I don't think represents the majority of this community.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:11 am 

Daimajin wrote:

yes please do, the theme of this thread seems more about revenge than justice...something that I don't think represents the majority of this community.

Please lock it and rename it "An example of CN alignment..."  (It would have made CG, except for all the blatant hostility.  :wink: )

YIM  

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:11 am 

Deadlord36 wrote:Well, I won 2 Curse on Hareths from the cat man by mistake, and he refused to ship together

Neat trick... expect others to shove multiple lots in a M-bag, but refuse to reciprocate on a couple of books.
Why??

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:13 am 

deimos3428 wrote:Please lock it and rename it "An example of CN alignment..." (It would have made CG, except for all the blatant hostility. :wink: )

Heh. Chaotic, anyhow.
I've seen worse, and if someone's just been stung for $250 and found their way over here, I can definitely empathise with that attitude :(

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:49 am 

I apologize for my ignorance, but there is one thing that keeps failing me.

Just what is exactly an M-bag?

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:56 am 

I agree, I think that all that needs to be said has been.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:28 am 

faro wrote:
screwem wrote:So whats the problem then if we all want to nail cougar then give some ideas?

Y'mean short of heading out to an internet cafe and setting up a tasty auction that only he and one other bidder can bid on, sending a baggie of chalk powder instead and alerting the police to watch out for an incoming shipment (either genuine or possibly a dry run?)?

Nah... no idea what y'could do, sorry... :(

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:13 am 

guerret wrote:Just what is exactly an M-bag?

http://pe.usps.com/text/imm/immc2_019.html#vnameref_1

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:04 pm 

screwem wrote:Anyone know cougars real name and address? That wouold be a real help.

Maybe we could start with your, I mean Max's address.

** Banned **

Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:59 pm 

I think max lives in seattle not sure what the addy is perhaps you can help dbartman

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 3 of 41, 2, 3, 4