Poly Bags and other storage items in Europe?
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 3:37 pm 

A question to you fellow European collectors out there: Any recommendations for a good (online) store in Europe where I can buy storage materials? So far I have found a shop for poly bags but I'm also looking for boxes, dividers, backing boards etc.

I know there are good stores in the US but I want to avoid the high s/h costs.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 11:44 pm 

Surely there are comic shops in Europe?  Any decent comic book store should have them...

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 1:42 pm 

I have. One of the two decent comic stores in my town said they had to order it and the other is still inquiring.

Basically, as a customer I want <i>choice</i>. So far I have managed to find one kind of correctly sized poly bags, which is a beginning. If I found some more and was able to try them so I could decide myself which is the best stuff for me, that would make me happy.

So if someone has a clue - please let me know. I'm still looking.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 11:58 pm 

Ask for magazine bags...  alot of comic stores will accidentally give you the smaller ones (for comic books).

You might be able to order supplies through some of the online resellers.

In a related question...  how does everybody here keep their boxsets that aren't shrinkwrapped?  Mine are kept on shelves, but over the years have gotten slightly worn.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 12:57 am 

There are a lot of sellers on ebay selling magazine bags in quantities of 50 and up and acid proof backing boards. If you can't find them in your local area, buy them on ebay.

Rule of thumb, a lot of items fit really tightly under the standard 8.5 x 11. That may mean the corners of your items will get crunched up, etc.

In a older post, I suggested that 9.5x11 are very good. Most anything will fit in that and it gives the item room to move about so if you drop it, it will be ok.