D&D Prepub set auction.
Author

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:06 pm 

(Oh, and aside, Brian; I'm not encouraging you to go for the 1st GW MM this time... although I think you should've done so last time, for that upgrade copy Paul won).

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:10 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
faro wrote:Darned percentiles :( :(
Thought I had a chance there; but not at $26... Hrrr...

Well, at least you won the Wargamers Digest Mag. :oops:

Copy for Allan, since he seemed to have forgotten about it. Good Greyhawk content, certainly.

The article (combined with the society note on page 3) also makes for rather interesting reading from a history p.o.v. Is pretty decent circumstantial evidence re. the actual publication/release date being circa April '74 (or March/May as outliers), even though that's not stated explicitly.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:14 pm 

faro wrote:
bclarkie wrote:

Copy for Allan, since he seemed to have forgotten about it. Good Greyhawk content, certainly.

The article (combined with the society note on page 3) also makes for rather interesting reading from a history p.o.v. Is pretty decent circumstantial evidence re. the actual publication/release date being circa April '74 (or March/May as outliers), even though that's not stated explicitly.

Interesting. :)  I guess I will have to wait for the next one. Seems though that you did have a snipe in there after all: :wink:

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 8755613265

Looking to make a brown box castle to match up with your white one I see. :P

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:18 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
faro wrote:The article (combined with the society note on page 3) also makes for rather interesting reading from a history p.o.v. Is pretty decent circumstantial evidence re. the actual publication/release date being circa April '74 (or March/May as outliers), even though that's not stated explicitly.

Interesting. :) I guess I will have to wait for the next one. Seems though that you did have a snipe in there after all: :wink:

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 8755613265

Looking to make a brown box castle to match up with your white one I see. :P

*nod nods re. that Wargamer's Digest article*

=

Nah, just need one extra of horizontal grain variety, just in case, beat to crap though that one was.

Nice correction sheet, though... *coughs at the crazy price tag*

My previous comment re. the condition of those books still applies! I have an ample supply of 2nd prints in half-decent condition already, thank-you-very-much.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:22 pm 

Well at least I won this:

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 8755617811

I really could have saved myself $0.99 knowing without a doubt what Empowered guys high bid was, except I was concerned about others bids. :?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:24 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Well at least I won this:

I really could have save myself $0.99 knowing without a doubt what Empowered guys high bid was, except I was concerned about others bids. :?

Heh, heh... No comment! :D

What price without shrinkwrap?

Congrats, Brian... ;)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:27 pm 

faro wrote:
bclarkie wrote:Well at least I won this:

I really could have save myself $0.99 knowing without a doubt what Empowered guys high bid was, except I was concerned about others bids. :?

Heh, heh... No comment! :D
What price without shrinkwrap?

Congrats, Brian... ;)

Bah, it was a hole. :oops:   Not to many of those left so my patience grows less and my CC bill grows more. :?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:04 pm 

Just looking at Paul's feedback and found something interesting:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8732315269

Grrr, how did that slip through. I can't believe that didn't show up on the recent fun finds thread. :?

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:09 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Just looking at Paul's feedback and found something interesting:
Grrr, how did that slip through. I can't believe that didn't show up on the recent fun finds thread. :?

Yeah, took long enough for it to get forwarded from here, too, when I was unable to get out to the post office. Apologies again, Paul :?

(Hopefully my packing was about a dozen times better than that the seller used).

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:56 am 

faro wrote:
bclarkie wrote:

What makes you think I forgot about it?  :D

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:22 am 

bclarkie wrote:
faro wrote:
bclarkie wrote:  Not to many of those left so my patience grows less and my CC bill grows more. :?

Hehe, and make that one less in SW :)  I'll post the pics from my sons B-Day and the items he got...more SW passing on to the other side  :D

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:49 am 

Howdy All,

faro wrote:
bclarkie wrote:Alright, who wants to bet that David does not end up winning the 2nd print Woody auction? Hurry up it is ending soon...

You really don't want to hear my comments re. the condition of those books, Brian! :D

(I'm pretty sure the pages just fell out, anyhow. The Lake Geneva prints are terrible for that).

No, not this one. The pages were never in it. The orginal owner said he got the set that way from a Lake Geneva Printing employee. It was a return to the print company from TSR.

Futures Bright,

Paul

The Collector's Trove The online auction house that features the collections of game designers and artists.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:52 am 

Howdy,

bclarkie wrote:I was just taking a look at this lot Stormber has going right now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/TSR-AD-D-D-D-Old-RP ... dZViewItem

Interesting lot to say the least. One of the most interesting items in there is one of the nicer looking 1st DMG that I have seen so far. :)

Yes that DMG sure looked perfect when I bought it. Indeed, it is a beautiful copy save that one illustration was cut out! Maniacs I tell you. Maniacs!

Futures Bright,

Paul

The Collector's Trove The online auction house that features the collections of game designers and artists.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:54 am 

Howdy David,

That was my last set. You won't see those again for awhile I'm afraid. :(

Futures bright,

Paul

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:00 am 

Howdy,

Ah, that thread just rubs salt into the wound. :twisted: I had been looking for a copy for 10 years! That one just sort of fell into my lap.

Futures Bright,

Paul

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:01 am 

Howdy David,

faro wrote:

Yeah, took long enough for it to get forwarded from here, too, when I was unable to get out to the post office. Apologies again, Paul :?

(Hopefully my packing was about a dozen times better than that the seller used).

Yes, much better. Got it a day or two ago. Many thanks!

Futures Bright,

Paul

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:06 am 

Howdy All,

Many thanks for another splendid auction. Was pleased with most everything.

The monster card thingy was a little disappointing but without invincible_overlord around there just aren't many "lair" types about looking for such things. I just didn't have room for it.

Futures Bright,

Paul

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:10 am 

Congrats everyone, including Paul, on some nice transactions.

I think Frank was the biggest winner with that "Junk or Jewels" lot.  I was pretty tempted to take a shot at that one.

PreviousNext