Searching
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:18 pm 

I have a really tough one for you.  Is there anyone out there who has any of the 1st edition books with my name in them.  I had a friend a long time ago that I lent a box of miscellaneous items Related to Ad&d franchise and was hoping to maybe get a hit.  

I had all the compendiums up to and including the Ctuhulu mythos Dieties and Demigods.

I believe the name would be in the front Jacket "Toby Nelson"

Thanks,

Toby

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:14 pm 

I have quite a few of these, however none with that name in them.

martin

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:52 pm 

Wow, talk about reaching. :)  I do not have any books with your name in them, but what if someone here does, are yuo planning on getting them back. :?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:29 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Wow, talk about reaching. :) I do not have any books with your name in them, but what if someone here does, are yuo planning on getting them back. :?

methinks that anyone who DOES have them, they are now rarity 5 :D

i dont have any of them chummer....

thats one ask and then some!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:56 pm 

I could write your name in few if you are willing to pay a premium for them :)

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:00 am 

about 6 years after giving away all my RPG stuff(d'oh!), I actually found my 1st ever DMG in the 2nd hand rack of a local games shop - At the time I wasn't back into the fold so I didnt fork out for it (As I remember it wasnt more than a couple of pounds) - How I wish I could turn back the clock and get it back. (And it was mine - I know from the enscription I put in it! (cringe)!)

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:21 am 

I still have my originals, nickname on inside cover and all.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:25 am 

only things i have left from my original collection (still pains me greatly each time i think about it) after i had to sell everything cos of the divorce, is:

all my dice, PHB, my old Q1 (very lovingly worn) and the 1E rogues gallery.

the PHB is now used as a mouse mat and has no spine left :D

oh yeah and my character sheets - no feckin way i was losing them!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:48 am 

killjoy32 wrote:only things i have left from my original collection (still pains me greatly each time i think about it) after i had to sell everything cos of the divorce, is:

all my dice, PHB, my old Q1 (very lovingly worn) and the 1E rogues gallery.

the PHB is now used as a mouse mat and has no spine left :D

oh yeah and my character sheets - no feckin way i was losing them!

You're lucky Al, when I moved in with my Ex (we were 19) she threw a "an old box of papers" out which contained all my character sheets for all of those years. Such luminaries as Argorian Strangebreath, Erwin Filthchewer and Kakkiwox the Insane all vanished. I never could get over to her the size of the disaster involved. I was heartbroken....

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:40 am 

Lewisexi wrote:You're lucky Al, when I moved in with my Ex (we were 19) she threw a "an old box of papers" out which contained all my character sheets for all of those years. Such luminaries as Argorian Strangebreath, Erwin Filthchewer and Kakkiwox the Insane all vanished. I never could get over to her the size of the disaster involved. I was heartbroken....

oh i am with you on that one all the way. i was utterly devastated at having to sell all my stuff. them last few things, you would have literally had to prise them from my dead fingers to get them off me. thats something i will never ever forgive her for man!

i still have my very first character sheet! my 4th Level Paladin, Borka the Jop :) - course he died mind, when he got attacked by a white dragon (he was trying to run away at the time, i seem to remember)...*sigh* ah well. just couldnt bring myself to delete it or bin it. always brings back such fond memories he does!