Possible tough one... contents of various modules?
Author

** Banned **

Post Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:41 pm 

Is there a list someplace that details what "extras" are included in the content of various modules? When I say "extras" I mean things like maps, counters, tri folds, etc, that are included with an adventure. I've done some searching on Acaem and other places but haven't really gotten a good listing of any sort. I know this is a tall order, but I also imagine I am not the only who who would like such a resource or has thought of it before. Any comments?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:43 pm 

jpipes wrote:Is there a list someplace that details what "extras" are included in the content of various modules? When I say "extras" I mean things like maps, counters, tri folds, etc, that are included with an adventure. I've done some searching on Acaem and other places but haven't really gotten a good listing of any sort. I know this is a tall order, but I also imagine I am not the only who who would like such a resource or has thought of it before. Any comments?

At this point, the best place on the net that I know of to get that type of information is here:

http://home.flash.net/~brenfrow/index.htm

Outside of that if there is something specific that you are looking for, ask away. I am sure that someone here will be of some help. :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

** Banned **

Post Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:15 pm 

Most excellent! That is so far what I was looking for!! I have a number of modules and it started to occur to me that some of them may have extra pieces or not enough! A resource that lists something as simple as "and a tri-fold map" or "a fold out dungeon" are really helpful towards that end!

Thanks much.

** Banned **

Post Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:07 pm 

BTW, as for specifics, at this second I am trying to find out what map came with AD&D 1st ed module DL5.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:25 pm 

jpipes wrote:BTW, as for specifics, at this second I am trying to find out what map came with AD&D 1st ed module DL5.

I just pulled out 1 of my copies and there is a large fold out map.  This map is of the Continent of Ansalon.  Let me know if you need any more specifics about the map and if need be I can post a pic. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

** Banned **

Post Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:41 pm 

If it's not a problem, even a grainy pic or quick scan of a piece of it would be helpful so I can figure out if I have it in my stack of new modules or not. Thanks ever so much!!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:50 pm 

jpipes wrote:If it's not a problem, even a grainy pic or quick scan of a piece of it would be helpful so I can figure out if I have it in my stack of new modules or not. Thanks ever so much!!

Here ya go:

Hope that helps with your search. :)

** Banned **

Post Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:53 pm 

That's perfect, thanks much!! This forum is simply amazing.

Sadly, I am indeed missing that map. Drats!! Nice map too.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:22 am 

Most maps and extra booklets contain a code. You can check that code to see it the item is corresponding. For example, for article 1083, maps are labeld 1083XXX701 thru 1083XXX706. Booklets have a similar code, trailing with 501 and on. There are a few exceptions: for example, the transparent overlays in Kara-Tur (1032) have the same code of those in FR Campaign Setting (1031).

This way, you cannot always check if everything is in there, but you can check if there are extra items, plus a minimun missing spots can be found (for example, if you have maps 701-704 but except 703).

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:43 pm 

As time permits I've been adding detailed lists of the contents, particularly on the boxed sets.  Example:

http://home.flash.net/~brenfrow/fr/spellbound.htm

Unfortunately, time doesn't permit as much as it used to.   :roll:

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:56 pm 

Hey, I thought I'd just revive this for my question:

Gates of Firestorm Peak says it has 4 maps on the back (TSR Archive echoes this). I have one with two maps . . . but they are double sided and listed as Tactical Maps #1 -4.

So, is it really just TWO actual maps that are double sided for a total of 4 maps?

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:24 pm 

beyondthebreach wrote:Hey, I thought I'd just revive this for my question:

Gates of Firestorm Peak says it has 4 maps on the back (TSR Archive echoes this). I have one with two maps . . . but they are double sided and listed as Tactical Maps #1 -4.

So, is it really just TWO actual maps that are double sided for a total of 4 maps?

Yep.