Just a quick word of thanks
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:11 pm 

I've been pretty clear that I got cut out of TSR in '82 when Gary lost control (but before he came back and then was forced out completely), worked on some projects with various entities (Tri3, New Infinity, etc.) that didn't work out and then, starting in '92 when my eldest got sick, pretty much dropped out of sight while I was busy burying children.

I only came back, and ended up auctioning things instead of throwing away all but the bound volumes, because I was contacted by the guys at http://www.dragonsfoot.org/forums/index.php and then was put in touch with Paul Stormberg, who Gary Gygax was kind enough to vouch for.

One rough thing is that each year, from December 26 (when Courtney died) to January 26, my wedding anneversary and when Jessica died, things are emotionally rough around my house.

In addition, my wife always wants to save the money we would spend on an anniversary gift for her, but is sad if I haven't bought her something (though we never actually celebrate our anneversary on the 26th of January any more).

The auctions that Paul has run have allowed me to do both, because it has been extra money that was "off the books."  

This year we will be celebrating on the 20th and Paul tells me that I'll have most of the money by then, so I just wanted to say thanks to everyone.

A day later and it would have all been in the trash.  Not to mention, an auction a week later and I'd have missed having the money in time to surprise my wife.

Regards,

Stephen

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:13 pm 

That's great Steve, I hope this year you'll be able to start to celebrate your anniversaries again, regularly :D

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:28 pm 

grodog wrote:That's great Steve, I hope this year you'll be able to start to celebrate your anniversaries again, regularly :D

We will, we even had a good Christmas this year, the best since '91.

Regards,

Stephen

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:24 am 

That's great news Steve, life has a way of righting itself in the end, and your perseverance in the face of the adversity you describe in admirable.

May you and the missus have a fantastic, if very belated, anniversary. :)

There are no bad editions of D&D, just Boring Players and Unimaginative DMs.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 6:44 am 

That's a sad story, but it's good to see things are starting to get better.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:51 am 

Stephen,
I'm sorry to hear about your tragedies, but am happy knowing that things were better this year.  Thanks for the post.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:09 am 

Ethesis wrote:
grodog wrote:That's great Steve, I hope this year you'll be able to start to celebrate your anniversaries again, regularly :D

We will, we even had a good Christmas this year, the best since '91.

great stephen! thats really good to hear, specially after such a hard slug down the years there....

all the best! :)

Al