Another noob
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 12:38 pm 

Item #3138125803.

Maybe it's me, but that kind of money for photocopies? Way too many rush collectors out there.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 2:22 pm 

If you read it a bit more carefully you'll see that 5 of them are originals.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 2:48 pm 

Uh huh, so it says...... With a bunch of photocopies thrown in........

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 1:00 am 

I usually don't go that high, but my eBay auctions are doing pretty well, so I decided to splurge a bit.  Also was about 99% sure somebody would snipe me at the end.  And besides, with shipping it comes out to about $22 a piece for the real Adventurer's Guild mods, which is a VERY good price, especially since last I checked some members on this forum (you know who you are) think they are worth upwards of $200 EACH.  The Alternity and SAGA ones usually aren't quite worth that on eBay, but these are Ravenloft.  Now I'm just deciding on whether to keep the doubles (in some cases, triples) this is gonna give me for trading stock, or resell them individually.  And to plug it, check my Classified here, I'll be posting an updated have/want ad for my AG modules (I got a ton of doubles, lucked out and bought about 3 lots of them for $3/piece privately).

dmDave and I got in a bit of a bidding war over Matrix Games' last auction of Alternity AG mods...  luckily we're exchanging doubles, so we're both making out good for it.  And with a few that I'm buying off Mike Kuo, I'm actually getting up there, and within a few weeks should have complete series 1-6 (minus 2 instruction books), along with a few series 7's and 8's.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 1:44 am 

:roll:  dam, this comes close to gloating...lOL

luck bastard:)

BTW whats happened to Mike? vanished off the face of the earth....

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 5:26 pm 

He quit TSR D&D, he's just collecting non-TSR. I haven't talked to him much since he stuck me on a deal.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 9:12 am 

Stuck you as in ripped you off, or the deal just fell through?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 9:49 am 

He asked me to pick up a crapload of valuable Magic cards in trade for some items and then claimed he wasn't going to play Magic anymore after I got them for him. It's possible he was made a cash offer on the items. Don't know. I've always been Very generous in my trades, and I've parted with a few items for him in the past that I'd rather have kept. A shame.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 3:16 pm 

Not to turn this into a Kuo bashing session, but he recently did the same thing to me.  After much begging on his part, I finally picked up a German S1 for him and suddenly he couldn't trade me anything or come up with the cash to pay for it.  I guess that's what I get for being a trusting soul.   :?   Be careful when dealing with him!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 12:06 am 

Howdy,

blackdougal wrote:Not to turn this into a Kuo bashing session, but he recently did the same thing to me.

And me!

Mike gave me a list of things he wanted - I had some and aquired others to trade with him. Suddenly he wasn't interested in collecting those things - Adventurer's Guild modules, TSR's Battle of the Five Armies, Beastmaker Mountain, Kobold Hall - kept saying that I surely had great contacts and could do better!

I gave up in frustration and was a little poorer to boot.

blackdougal wrote:Be careful when dealing with him!

Indeed! Do not go to any extra trouble aquiring items for trade with him! As the posts to this thread indicate, it is a standard ploy of his.

Futures Bright,

Paul

The Collector's Trove The online auction house that features the collections of game designers and artists.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 11:25 pm 

I don't see what all the hubbub is over trading with Kuo. I have had an easy time dealing with him. He sold me nearly all of his TSR stuff with little dickering. Most all items of medium rarity at less than $10 each on balance.

My NON TSR trades with him have been totally satisfactory. We have exchanged several items of similar condition and rarity.

He has also asked me to pick up additional copies of items at local game shops. Like the others here, I did not get what we originally wheeled and dealed for. I actually got more in return with some patient bargaining.

Best of all is a recent deal for his wee warriors DragonLord and Vanquished Foe.

Later.

Adam

"before chuck even gets in the room, you can feel the bad-ness." -Al

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 3:06 am 

Actually just got a few Adventurer's Guild modules from Mike Kuo in the mail today, so I'll second that.  Added to DmDave's stuff, I got like eight in the mail in the past few days.

Also got my stuff from Matrix Games...  all 5 Adventurer's Guild mods were legit, meaning I got them for about $22 each, and they are in pretty good condition.  Now I just have to get some more 1 for 1 trades going on so I can complete my set...

Also got another RPGA adventure... "Father of the Bride."  Looks like its 2nd edition, Round 1 of a 2 round event (according to the Karganate web site).  Looks printed off from a pdf or photocopies, but if its based off a pdf its one that I don't have, and one that is no longer available on the RPGA's ordering page (not suprising, they took all their 2E stuff down a few years ago).

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 7:46 am 

Will it never end? :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... gory=44108

That's a lot of noob bidders.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 9:13 pm 

Jeez, and not even with a box?  Has anybody else noticed that bidders with low feedback (i.e., haven't been on too long, and don't realize they are paying WAAAY too much) do this the most often?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 2:49 am 

Ahh yes, the Wee Warriors Dragonlord. That was one of the items he was supposed to trade me for the Magic cards. I've been looking for that for years.

Hey Adam, just out of curiosity, when did he sell you it? I'm wondering if he figured he was better off selling the item and buying the cards he wanted.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 11:50 am 

Hello, thanks to Adam and Shaun for some positive feedback on here. Lets address what Frank has said:

He asked me to pick up a crapload of valuable Magic cards in trade for some items and then claimed he wasn't going to play Magic anymore after I got them for him.

OK Frank, first of all, did I not say in all my emails "DO NOT GET THE CARDS FIRST". Did I not say that in my emails? I sent you a list of mtg cards I needed and asked if you could find them for me at your local store. I told you not to get any of them until we finalized a deal. Ok, now WTF did you do? You went out and got them and then asked me to trade you.

Now another rant about you. Where in the blue hells did you learn about Wee Warriors Dragonlord? You haven't been looking for it for years. I was the one who told you about it and showed you a scan. Then after I showed you the scan, you post a message on the Newsgroup a few months ago. Years my ass frank

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:01 pm 

Now lets go into Stormbers accusation:

Mike gave me a list of things he wanted - I had some and aquired others to trade with him. Suddenly he wasn't interested in collecting those things - Adventurer's Guild modules, TSR's Battle of the Five Armies, Beastmaker Mountain, Kobold Hall - kept saying that I surely had great contacts and could do better!

Alright Stormber, when I sent you a list of items I was looking for, did I ask you to acquire them for me? Did I even ask you to get them? No! I just said, I was looking for those items. I did not even give you a condition guide I want the items to be in and LO AND BEHOLD, I see you on ebay bidding on them. DO YOUR MATH man, we didn't even agree on anything. I never said I wanted to trade you my item. You plain and simply got the items and then try to have me trade my item. Also Stormber, lets make light what you wanted from me:

Prepub R1

Prepub R3

Understand D&D sheet

What did you want to give me for them?

Um lets see

Battle of Five Armies in beat up condition

Kobold Hall which went unsold

Beastmaker Mountain which sold for only $50

4 AG modules.

Of course I would not agree to that.

So lets ask ourselves whose fault is this? Not mine. I did not finalize an agreement or ask Paul to get an item. I merely sent a list of items I was looking for. Since when did sending a list mean I was going to trade the item or agree to trade them for the items on the list?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:08 pm 

Now onto Adrian:

Not to turn this into a Kuo bashing session, but he recently did the same thing to me. After much begging on his part, I finally picked up a German S1 for him and suddenly he couldn't trade me anything or come up with the cash to pay for it. I guess that's what I get for being a trusting soul.  Be careful when dealing with him!

I am in the wrong here. I did ask Adrian to get me a German S1 and I was not able to pay for it due to a Tolkien deal I had made prior. I sent Adrian the items back and would like to apologize to him for the mess.

Next