L4 to be published by Dragonsfoot..
Author

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:21 pm 

Well that really says it all I suppose...

http://www.dragonsfoot.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15510

Brette:)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:34 pm 

beasterbrook wrote:Well that really says it all I suppose...

http://www.dragonsfoot.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15510

Brette:)

Dragonsfoot is really cool. I think that it is also in the plans to publish others in the L series(up to 9 IIRC) as well based on Len's actual campaign thatr they were originally derived from. Too bad, he isnt considering doing L3 over agin.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:31 am 

IIRC Len is writing stuff for them ATM. They are also providing ghost writers to him for transfering old manuscripts/scans into text files (doing the typing donkey work).

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:28 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:IIRC Len is writing stuff for them ATM. They are also providing ghost writers to him for transfering old manuscripts/scans into text files (doing the typing donkey work).

Yep, I was one of the donkeys.  Seems Len had lost another manuscript in the mails (*sigh*) and his only copy was a set of poorly taken digital pix (*sigh*) so some of us volunteered to try to decipher and retype the doc from the pix.  I learned much about photo manipulation on Photoshop that weekend, let me tell you.

The day was saved when a copy was found in some gaming collection archive at Bowling Green.  Amazing.  I went to the wrong college!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:26 pm 

Achizar wrote:
mbassoc2003 wrote:IIRC Len is writing stuff for them ATM. They are also providing ghost writers to him for transfering old manuscripts/scans into text files (doing the typing donkey work).

Yep, I was one of the donkeys. Seems Len had lost another manuscript in the mails (*sigh*) and his only copy was a set of poorly taken digital pix (*sigh*) so some of us volunteered to try to decipher and retype the doc from the pix. I learned much about photo manipulation on Photoshop that weekend, let me tell you.

The day was saved when a copy was found in some gaming collection archive at Bowling Green. Amazing. I went to the wrong college!

Hiya Pointy Sick. :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:09 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
Achizar wrote:

Yep, I was one of the donkeys. Seems Len had lost another manuscript in the mails (*sigh*) and his only copy was a set of poorly taken digital pix (*sigh*) so some of us volunteered to try to decipher and retype the doc from the pix. I learned much about photo manipulation on Photoshop that weekend, let me tell you.

The day was saved when a copy was found in some gaming collection archive at Bowling Green. Amazing. I went to the wrong college!

Hiya Pointy Sick. :wink:

Hey Brian.  Geez, if I'm going to be cross-pollinated like this, I might as well use the same username.  :D

(p.s. It's Pointy Stick for all you folks wondering what the hell kind of name "Pointy Sick" is.  :wink: )

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:44 pm 

Achizar wrote:
Hey Brian. Geez, if I'm going to be cross-pollinated like this, I might as well use the same username. :D

(p.s. It's Pointy Stick for all you folks wondering what the hell kind of name "Pointy Sick" is. :wink: )

Oops sorry about that, I did know that. :)

<mumbles about my serious typing issues> :?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:47 pm 

I hope L4 is better than the L2 or L3. Bone Hill is an excellent module...but Len went down hill after that.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:55 pm 

Too right. I've enjoyed selling L3 over the years — yes, I break up the SA sets; sue me — but, as the kids say, it is teh sUxX0rz.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:33 am 

<bump>

OK, a year-plus later . . . has anyone heard anything whether L4, etc. will be out, or is it vaporware?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:35 am 

Hi SleepyCO. I just e-mailed solomoriah to ask if they were still working on L4? I also
volunteered to help with the interior art. So if he gets back to me about it
i will let you know.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:01 am 

Unless they ( the artists ) fell through this is the response I got from Chris Gonnerman about artwork last Feb:

I'm impressed with your portfolio.  We'd be happy to have any level of participation.  I don't need you to have a DF handle, nor does Len.

I'm copying this message to Andrew Wiest AKA Fid, who is Len Lakofka's liason and Project Editor to Dragonsfoot.  He can clue you in regarding artwork opportunities for L4.  If you have any interest in doing other artwork for us, we have several projects that could use your assistance.

I don't direct artists, in general; L4 is an exception, as Len has some specific ideas regarding what illustrations he wants done.  Regarding other projects, if you ask I'll send you the post-proof, pre-layout text of the item (generally a module) and you can pick any scene you wish from the body thereof.  We prefer black and white or greyscale artwork for interiors, color for covers, but most of our covers are done by one of two regular artists so you don't generally have to worry about that.  If you do want to do a cover, we can work with you... I'm not saying you aren't welcome to do one, but rather that you don't need to feel that you should.

I announce art projects on the General Discussion forum of Dragonsfoot; you don't need to be a member to read the postings.

Let me know what you want to do.  Andrew, feel free to contact Matt directly if you still need or want artwork for L4.

-- Chris.

and this:

L4 is, in fact, in progress; it's absorbed my entire art staff.  So far as I know, there are no modules by Rob in the queue... if he's sending us one, it's news to me.

I do need artwork for several modules.

-- Chris.

Please post if anythings changed Atom, thanks !

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:39 am 

It's still being worked on; apparently the editing for L4 and L5 requires lots of cleanup, and they're sorting through some GH canon details/implications too.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:26 pm 

ATOM wrote:Hi SleepyCO. I just e-mailed solomoriah to ask if they were still working on L4? I also
volunteered to help with the interior art. So if he gets back to me about it
i will let you know.

Thanks Atom!!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:46 pm 

bbarsh wrote:I hope L4 is better than the L2 or L3. Bone Hill is an excellent module...but Len went down (Hill?) after that.

Eh.  What's so great about L1?  There's a little good, a little bad (like the Gambler's Church was pretty cheesy), mostly pretty ordinary, IMB.

L2, on the other hand, totally opened up a brand new world to me.  Until I played it, D&D just meant marching your characters off into some isolated/enclosed area to kill almost anyone/everyone you can.  Afterwards, mysteries, investigation, urban adventuring, and low-kill adventuring all became possibilities (and not just possibilities, but favorites of mine).
Now, obviously it wasn't the very first to introduce all of those ideas, but it combined them all and emphasized them far more than anything I'd ever encountered and completely added a huge new dimension to the game for me.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:47 pm 

(I'm not allowed to handle L3 anymore, but my recollection of a quick, curious glance seems to be that it was very forgettable.)

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:21 pm 

mordrin wrote:(I'm not allowed to handle L3 anymore, but my recollection of a quick, curious glance seems to be that it was very forgettable.)

I'd say that's a fair assessment. I've sold probably four or five of them, and I can barely remember a single thing about L3. Actually, I do remember lots of circular areas on the maps, but that's about it ...

I think history is going to rate L3 as a cash-grab attempt by WotC. At the very least, it's an undeveloped module that needs an editor.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:18 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:I think history is going to rate L3 as a cash-grab attempt by WotC. At the very least, it's an undeveloped module that needs an editor.

That's exactly what it was, and Len had been working on doing that edit with folks on Greyhawk when WotC just published the ms. as-it-was without his edits/improvements.  He was VERY unhappy.  If the Greytalk archives ever get back online again, you can research the info/details there.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Next