Question about shrinkwrapped items
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:58 am 

There are several items that I have never seen in a SW condition on sale anywhere. I was wondering if it's just mischance or if they were never shrinkwrapped. I am beginning to believe the latter.

The items are:

Kidnapped (RPGA Forgotten Realms)
The Fall of Myth Drannor (Arcane Age Forgotten Realms)
Children of the Night: Werebeasts
Children of the Night: The Created

Plus, has anyone ever bothered to list items which were shrinkwrapped and those that were not?

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:13 pm 

guerret wrote:There are several items that I have never seen in a SW condition on sale anywhere. I was wondering if it's just mischance or if they were never shrinkwrapped. I am beginning to believe the latter.

The items are:

Plus, has anyone ever bothered to list items which were shrinkwrapped and those that were not?

I don't believe Kidnaped was ever shrinkwrapped. I believe the other RPGA only modules Wand of Archeal and Star of Kohlphaur were unshrinked also.  However, the RPGA silver anniversary reprint of I6 Ravenloft was shrinked, so who knows.  Any Ravenloft collectors out there know of the Children of Night series?

Mike B.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:15 pm 

Badmike wrote:
guerret wrote:There are several items that I have never seen in a SW condition on sale anywhere. I was wondering if it's just mischance or if they were never shrinkwrapped. I am beginning to believe the latter.

The items are:

I don't believe Kidnaped was ever shrinkwrapped. I believe the other RPGA only modules Wand of Archeal and Star of Kohlphaur were unshrinked also. However, the RPGA silver anniversary reprint of I6 Ravenloft was shrinked, so who knows. Any Ravenloft collectors out there know of the Children of Night series?

Mike B.

I bought mine new and they had no shrinkwrap.

J

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:16 pm 

i've got a created but its not shrinked and i bought it off someone, so it doesnt really solve whether or not it was ever shrinked....same goes for the other ravenloft item too...

Al

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:50 pm 

I have a Children of the Night- The Created brand new and it is in shrinkwrap as well as a few others.  I am 99.999 % Positive that the Ruins of Myth Draynor BOx Set was sold in shrink as well.  The 2nd edition RPGA modules though I am pretty sure that they all were sold unshrinked becuase they were not sold retail, they were only available directly through the RPGA. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:54 pm 

Thank you for the info, this means apparently that CotN: The Created is very difficult to find in SW condition. About the other, I was not asking for the Ruins of Myth Drannor boxed set, but for the Fall of Myth Drannor module (module for the Arcane Age setting Cormanthyr).

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:05 pm 

guerret wrote:Thank you for the info, this means apparently that CotN: The Created is very difficult to find in SW condition. About the other, I was not asking for the Ruins of Myth Drannor boxed set, but for the Fall of Myth Drannor module (module for the Arcane Age setting Cormanthyr).

Oops. :oops:  Sorry I only quickly skimmed your post. I will have a look and see if I have one in shrink or not. :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:38 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
guerret wrote:Thank you for the info, this means apparently that CotN: The Created is very difficult to find in SW condition. About the other, I was not asking for the Ruins of Myth Drannor boxed set, but for the Fall of Myth Drannor module (module for the Arcane Age setting Cormanthyr).

Oops. :oops: Sorry I only quickly skimmed your post. I will have a look and see if I have one in shrink or not. :wink:

Okay, I checked through my stuff and it appears that I do not own one.  :?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:26 pm 

I think its safe to believe that they came in either condition new, possibly shrinked inthe early releases and then released as a magazione later on.

Being an avid sw collector for 3+years now I can say that the created and werebeasts definately seem to be mostly unshrinked although I have found a created with the standard shrink of that era but i could be wrong because i cant remember ill have to check sometime i have too many boxes of stuff.

Im not sure if my werebeasts is sealed but I dont think it is.

This is from years of searching (or keeping an eye out for them).

"What can I get for $10?"

"Mint Rare and Shrinkwrapped-just pick that bar of soap up for us pls, we love you long time!"

YIM