Save it from the Grave - FREE stuff Part 5 !!!
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:22 pm 

Traveller wrote:The Creature Catalog is one of those books that in time will be subject to a rebinding at Staples

That's why these type-a things are called "working copies" instead of "collector copies". :)

There are no bad editions of D&D, just Boring Players and Unimaginative DMs.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:36 pm 

Hey!  I'm not complaining at all.  I'm an old hand with BTB's save it from the grave offers, and have NEVER had any problems with the items he has sent.  In fact I've been quite pleasantly surprised at the quality of the items sent. :)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:53 am 

Traveller wrote:Hey! I'm not complaining at all. I'm an old hand with BTB's save it from the grave offers, and have NEVER had any problems with the items he has sent. In fact I've been quite pleasantly surprised at the quality of the items sent. :)

Same here...is it embarrasing to admit the 1e PHB he sent me was in mostly better shape than MY personal 1e PHB??  :oops:

There are no bad editions of D&D, just Boring Players and Unimaginative DMs.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:13 pm 

Thanks Paul, the NPC and PC sheets arrived today :D

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:11 pm 

MrFilthyIke wrote:
Traveller wrote:Hey! I'm not complaining at all. I'm an old hand with BTB's save it from the grave offers, and have NEVER had any problems with the items he has sent. In fact I've been quite pleasantly surprised at the quality of the items sent. :)

Same here...is it embarrasing to admit the 1e PHB he sent me was in mostly better shape than MY personal 1e PHB?? :oops:

The DMG that he sent me was in better shape than the one I bought from the FLGS, despite the illustrations on the endpapers.  The one I bought from the FLGS had a broken spine at pages 75 and 76 (to hit charts) and the corners of the front and back cover looked like they were mistaken for Fido's chew toy.  So no, it's not embarrassing.  Be happy.  I am, because I was never happy with that DMG I bought at the FLGS, but at the time it was the only copy remaining in the store.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:19 pm 

Traveller wrote:Got mine, and thank you BTB.

The Monster Manual II's binding was a bit wonky. It seems that in making the cover, the backing board for the front cover was cut 1" more narrow than the back cover. This makes the hinge for the front cover extra wide, though the book still opens properly. The "tape" was the endpapers to the text block glued to the cover. Why the paper is so transparent I can only guess, but it may be moisture related, or the glue itself transformed the paper. In any case, once the corners of the backing board were glued and taped to flatten them out, the book was fine. I cover my books in craft paper anyway, so no one will ever notice.

The Creature Catalog is one of those books that in time will be subject to a rebinding at Staples. For now though, the book's binding holds, even though I had apply a bit of clear duct tape to the spine.

:D  :D  :D

Traveller, you must have quite the interesting collection of books!

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:59 pm 

My stuff got here yesterday- thanks so much and have a great week.  :D

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:14 pm 

beyondthebreach wrote::D :D :D

Traveller, you must have quite the interesting collection of books!

I collect, but for most of my books, condition isn't AS important as whether it is intact and usable.  While I may be a more strict grader of condition than most, in nine out of ten cases it's not important, as I simply am looking for playing copies of stuff.  Unfortunately, the FLGS here where I live isn't so friendly, and doesn't bother with used stuff.

I am rather eclectic as a collector.  I focus on specific game lines, especially science-fiction RPGs (like Traveller, natch), and do try to get the highest quality items I can afford.  I'll never have a rarity like a Tsojconth, Inverness, or Fazzlewood, and in reality it doesn't faze me that someone's got one and I don't.

I just wanna play.

Previous