Save it from the Grave - FREE stuff Part 5 !!!
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:54 am 

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Seasons Greetings and Bah-humbug!

Ebay is down, so I may as well be productive in the wee hours of the morning. Here are some more things that have piled up. As usual, I'll pay the media shipping in the U.S. (if there is something that you really want and you are outside the U.S. , then you'll have to pay the ship costs).

If anyone is new to these forums, yes - this stuff is being given away. All you have to do is ask (make a post, send me a PM, etc.). Also, don't forget to send me your address everyone - even if you think I have it already . . . with 6,000 + emails in my Yahoo inbox, it is kinda hard to track stuff down.

There are a few exceptions this time with shipping on a couple of items (see below). Also, keep in mind, that this isn't a democracy. I exercise free dictatorship powers when distributing this stuff :twisted: (all that means is that if you request 3 items and someone comes along later and just wants one thing that you have laid claim to, I may decide to send it to them so that everyone gets a little bit).

PM or email me:

- Volo's Guide to Waterdeep (Fair and no map)
- Wyrmhaven & League of the Red Serpent, Wild Dragon Den w/Maps (From Dragon's Den box set)
- d20 Gazetteer (Greyhawk - no map)
- Amazing Engine Galactos Barrier in Shrinkwrap
- Map for Gamma Rules 4th edition (was once part of the Rulebook)
- Werewolves Manual (I think this is the 32 page booklet that was part of the Night Howlers crucible)
- Creature Catalog AC9 (POOR)
- OA1 Swords of the Daimyo (only has one of the two 32 page rulebooks and no poster map)
- Clanbook Toreador (Vampire)
- "Hart" booklet (part of the Castle 3-D set)
- Escape from Thunder Rift (booklet only, no cover or map)
- Legends & Lore 2nd ed. (POOR/FAIR)
- Battleforce 2 manual (Battletech item from the box set - FAIR)
- Complete Ranger's Handbook (POOR - poorly laminated former library book)
- Complete Wizard's Handbook (POOR - poorly laminated former library book)
- REF2 Player Character Record Sheets (first page missing, 2nd page writing - otherwise appears complete)
- Shadowrun 2nd edition rulebook (most of the color character archetype pages are loose and a couple are missing)
- d20 Quad panel Forgotten realms screen (just the screen, I am sure this came with something else and a cover)
- DL1 (no character insert sheets)
- DL2 (no character insert sheets)
- DL3 complete with map (FAIR)
- Player Character Records Sheets (Pink Pastel cover- yellow sheets). Seems to be at least 75% complete with some of those pages detached
- Non-player character Records (Very few sheets left here - has cover though)
- Breakout Magazine Australian Gamer's Quarterly #30 (Nice!)
- Breakout Magazine Australian Gamer's Quarterly #31 (Nice!)
- Dragonlance Legends Vol 1 Time of the Twins
- Dragonlance Heroes Vol 1 The Legend of Puma (I mean Huma)
- Dragons of Winter Night
- Dragons of Spring Dawning
- Dragons of Midnight Toking 8)
- DMG (efreet cover - POOR condition but still solid)
- Players & DM manual (Basic red books) POOR (masking tape on spine and/or covers split detached)
- Player's Handbook 2nd ed. POOR
- Player's Handbook 2nd ed. POOR (there are two of them)
- DMG 2nd ed. POOR
- Players Handbook (Idol cover) POOR but still solid)
- Dungeon Mag #52 (weird warping to this book - not sure if this is from water :? )
- Dungeon Mag #44 (weird warping to this book - not sure if this is from water :? )
- Dungeon Mag #49 (weird warping to this book - not sure if this is from water :? )
- DM screens (1st edition -matches the "orange binding books". FAIR
- Monster Manaul II - Not too bad, but it seems to have had the binding reinforced (on the inside) with masking tape. Too hard to describe on ebay)
- Basic Red books (POOR)
- Dungeon Mag #18
- Forgotten Realms Adventures FAIR
- Galactic Empires Card games. Universe Edition. Has the box, I doubt it is complete.

Finally, these items are available, but you will have to pay the shipping as I can't send them Media Mail.

- Deck of Encounters Set 1. Box is POOR. Looks to be all or mostly there.
- Deck of Encounters Set 1. Box is GOOD. Looks to be all or mostly there. (if both of these are requested, I will send the first request the better box and the second the POOR box)
- Deck of Magic items. Box POOR. This box came in the large box set. This is only for the box and cards. All or mostly there.
- Deck of Priest spells. All or mostly there. Box is POOR.

Deck of Priest spells is 3-4 lbs rate. Other decks are 2-3 lbs.

- I also have a huge bag of new, opaque 20 sided dice. If anyone wants one, just tell me the color.

I'm not going to rush to ship this stuff out, but it will get there eventually.

Paul

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:03 am 

I'll take this, Just send to Aaron at Noble KNight Games, hes about to send me a shipment, I'll pay for pastage:)

Brette:)

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:18 am 

beyondthebreach wrote:- Dragonlance Heroes Vol 1 The Legend of Puma (I mean Huma)

Good try, Paul :lol:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0880385480/
huh; 4 1/2 stars from 127 reviews?! ^^

Nice freebie list as usual, btw... ;)

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:21 am 

harami2000 wrote:
beyondthebreach wrote:- Dragonlance Heroes Vol 1 The Legend of Puma (I mean Huma)

Good try, Paul :lol:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0880385480/
huh; 4 1/2 stars from 127 reviews?! ^^

Nice freebie list as usual, btw... ;)

I would like to point out that this is a vintage 1st printing Legend of Huma with the ORIGINAL cover art and the FULL 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 on the copyright page.   8)

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:08 am 

Here are some add on's to the list that I just found. (I've listed some of these before. The grave is calling . . . )

- Mechwarrior 2nd ed. FAIR
- L1 Secret of Bone Hill. POOR and missing topographical map.
- B2 Keep on the Borderlands. POOR
- AC2 Combat Shield. MISSING min-adventure and in POOR condition
- I1 Dwellers of the Forbidden City. POOR 3hole punched, taped spine and the most heavily highlighted item I have ever seen. It does have the map inserts though.
- L1 Secret of Bone Hill. 3 hole punched and missing map inserts.
- B2. In my opinion (and no disrepect to Stormber) this is in WORSE condition than the one he recently sold to xaxaxe. Still, it is complete. Don't let this one pass you by!
- B1 "Brown" cover. Spine completely split and writing on the interior.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:09 am 

Hi Paul---

I love these giveaways Paul :D  I'll take the following, if your whimsy dictates that I'm elibigible:

• "Hart" booklet (part of the Castle 3-D set)
  • d20 Quad panel Forgotten realms screen (just the screen, I am sure this came with something else and a cover)
  • Player Character Records Sheets (Pink Pastel cover- yellow sheets). Seems to be at least 75% complete with some of those pages detached
  • Non-player character Records (Very few sheets left here - has cover though)
  • I also have a huge bag of new, opaque 20 sided dice. If anyone wants one, just tell me the color.

On the die, do you have any that are coppery-colored?  I have a wonderful d20 that's coppery that I named after an old DM's evil magic sword (a sword of wounding, his version of Stormbringer):  it's my Reaver die, and I haven't been able to find another.  I think I bought it at a con, back in the day.  I'll see about posting a picture later, to see if I can get some input from the dice freaks among us.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:12 am 

beyondthebreach wrote:- B2 Keep on the Borderlands. POOR
- I1 Dwellers of the Forbidden City. POOR 3hole punched, taped spine and the most heavily highlighted item I have ever seen. It does have the map inserts though.

I'll take these, and give them a good home. :)

There are no bad editions of D&D, just Boring Players and Unimaginative DMs.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:21 am 

The following items have been claimed:

-Legends & Lore 2nd ed. (POOR/FAIR)
-Forgotten Realms Adventures FAIR
-Deck of Encounters Set 1. Box is GOOD. Looks to be all or mostly there.
- Deck of Priest spells. All or mostly there. Box is POOR.
- Wyrmhaven & League of the Red Serpent, Wild Dragon Den w/Maps (From Dragon's Den box set)
- Clanbook Toreador (Vampire)
- Breakout Magazine Australian Gamer's Quarterly #31 (Nice!)

- "Hart" booklet (part of the Castle 3-D set)
- DM screens (1st edition -matches the "orange binding books". FAIR
- Basic Red books (POOR)
-Volo's Guide to Waterdeep (Fair and no map)
- d20 Quad panel Forgotten realms screen (just the screen, I am sure this came with something else and a cover)
- Player Character Records Sheets (Pink Pastel cover- yellow sheets). Seems to be at least 75% complete with some of those pages detached
- Non-player character Records (Very few sheets left here - has cover though)
- B2 Keep on the Borderlands. POOR
-Creature Catalog
-Monster Manual II
-d20 Gazetteer

(Sorry Gro, I don't have any metallic colors. I even checked a few other stashes of dice I have piled up.)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:23 am 

beyondthebreach wrote:The following items have been claimed:

Damn, looks like I pm'ed too late...ah well. :(

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:23 am 

beyondthebreach wrote:(Sorry Gro, I don't have any metallic colors. I even checked a few other stashes of dice I have piled up.)

OK, how about I take the ugliest one in the lot then? :D

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:24 am 

grodog wrote:OK, how about I take the ugliest one in the lot then? :D

That's my style...love the ugly. :)

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:40 am 

grodog wrote:
beyondthebreach wrote:(Sorry Gro, I don't have any metallic colors. I even checked a few other stashes of dice I have piled up.)

OK, how about I take the ugliest one in the lot then? :D

Okay, I'll find you an ugly (new) one.

This, however, is the ugliest die I own:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:50 am 

If still available, I'd like...

Creature Catalog
Monster Manual II
d20 Gazetteer

...and a d20.

I'll send you a PM with my address ASAP.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:09 pm 

Okay, it took awhile but I finally have the last of the requests packaged up . . . some have been sent out already and the rest will go out on Saturday.

Azurah, I gave you two 2nd ed. Player's Handbooks and also a Book of Humanoids (Poor) that I found.   I didn't have any "girly" colored dice, so I sent the three that most reminded me of "Planescape".

Mr. FilthyIke . . . I regret to inform you that I packaged up your items last.  I have chosen you to be the receiver of a whole bunch of stuff that no one else requested (and some other items I found as well).  There is a load of miscellaneous screens, several X1 & B2 mods, two L1's and an I1 as well as a coverless Legacy of Blood CM9 and a coverless G1-2-3, all the sheets (or mostly all) from either Treasure Chest or Treasure Maps, etc. etc.  Plus some of the items you actually requested.  Please keep them, give them away or dispose of them as you see fit.

Enjoy!   :D

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 9:53 am 

beyondthebreach wrote:Azurah, I gave you two 2nd ed. Player's Handbooks and also a Book of Humanoids (Poor) that I found.  I didn't have any "girly" colored dice, so I sent the three that most reminded me of "Planescape".

LOL! :D

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:33 pm 

beyondthebreach wrote:Mr. FilthyIke . . . I regret to inform you that I packaged up your items last. I have chosen you to be the receiver of a whole bunch of stuff that no one else requested (and some other items I found as well). There is a load of miscellaneous screens, several X1 & B2 mods, two L1's and an I1 as well as a coverless Legacy of Blood CM9 and a coverless G1-2-3, all the sheets (or mostly all) from either Treasure Chest or Treasure Maps, etc. etc. Plus some of the items you actually requested. Please keep them, give them away or dispose of them as you see fit.

Doood!!  8O  8O

That's a metric ton of stuff!

Thanks, it'll be cherish even if it is all beat up.  I'm a halfway house for unloved gaming books anyway.  :)

I have to admit, I've bought folders w/ character sheets (filled in) at the used bookstore, I even found some dudes Blackmoor campaign folder full of nps, floorplans and the original module maps!!  I now have multiples of most Blackmoor (80's TSR) maps. :D :D

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:49 am 

*update* Just got my box, much thanks to BtB for the thoughtful giveaway, NEVER shall d&d books be destroyed, even if they're falling apart.

P.S.: The suprise of the Black Master set DM's guide was great, my black box set was stolen back in 1990 and I've never gotten around to replacing it, so now I have 1/2 of it. :D

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:56 am 

Got mine, and thank you BTB.

The Monster Manual II's binding was a bit wonky.  It seems that in making the cover, the backing board for the front cover was cut 1" more narrow than the back cover.  This makes the hinge for the front cover extra wide, though the book still opens properly.  The "tape" was the endpapers to the text block glued to the cover.  Why the paper is so transparent I can only guess, but it may be moisture related, or the glue itself transformed the paper.  In any case, once the corners of the backing board were glued and taped to flatten them out, the book was fine.  I cover my books in craft paper anyway, so no one will ever notice.

The Creature Catalog is one of those books that in time will be subject to a rebinding at Staples.  For now though, the book's binding holds, even though I had apply a bit of clear duct tape to the spine.

Next