It's so cool! Wait...How the heck...does this thing..whaa?
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:56 pm 

I just got the Fighting Wheel I won off ebay last week or so...I am extremely happy to have it as it constitutes one of two "rares" in my meagre collection...the other being a 1st print DMG in piss poor condition....the wheel itself and protective/informative sleeve is in absolutely mint condition, totally unused....and I think I know why! Has anybody ever actually used one of these? If so, was it useful or fun? It is quite funky....

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:11 pm 

Makes a pretty good frisbee, IMO.

... or is that stating the obvious? :?

(aside; no word on the final decision re. the rarity for the 1st DMG, afaik. Was pretty much in agreement with that straw poll I saw some time back that centered around a "3").

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:38 pm 

I'd definitely be interested to hear from folks who have the fighting wheel how it compares in useful functionality to the Dragon Magazine combat computer wheel from Dragon 74.  I've used the latter in all of my games, and from the little I've read/seen about the Fighting Wheel, it's pretty useless in play compared to the wheel from Dragon 74.

Thoughts?

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:51 pm 

grodog wrote:Thoughts?

As implied above; and that's even if you have a party composed solely of the classes included, IMHO ;)

Who needed wheels, anyhow? *digs out and waves old Sharp & Casio handheld PCs*

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:45 pm 

Maybe I should put it on the wall and throw darts at it- wherever the dart lands that is the score you get.....looks kinda dartboardy if you blur your eyes....

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:39 am 

Hickman's "Combat Computer" wheel from Dragon 74 is definitely the better gaming resource. Does anyone know if it has a definable collector's value on it's own (or is it's value = to the value of an issue of Dragon #74)?  Sorry RWilson, I guess that's a different topic altogether.  

I *do* see what you mean with the dartboard analogy...

bonk!