Quest for Fazzlewood on eBay
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:00 pm 

afoolandhis$ wrote:I can think of a couple of possibilities that are very well known names. They may even know Howard, or at least have been there when he DM'd it. If so, that would at least partially explain their interest in this one as opposed to the Troll & Toad edition.

Could be, seems like a pretty long stretch, but like I said anything is possible. :) Being that the price is still currently reasonable(I can't believe that I just said $860.00 is reasonble for a small RPG booklet :? ), I still say go for it, if you are still planning on dropping a bid on there. :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:58 pm 

I really wish Jeff would have waited awhile before putting that bid on the auction:

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 8735096593

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:00 pm 

bclarkie wrote:I really wish Jeff would have waited awhile before putting that bid on the auction:

Why?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:04 pm 

afoolandhis$ wrote:
bclarkie wrote:I really wish Jeff would have waited awhile before putting that bid on the auction:

Why?

You can't shill an unforseen snipe, but you can a proxy bid.  Not good for potential bidders <not me anyway>.  Do you know something that I do not? :)

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:36 pm 

I think our Zero friend may have reached his limit .....  a $20 push ... give me a break.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:41 pm 

bclarkie wrote:You can't shill an unforseen snipe, but you can a proxy bid. Not good for potential bidders <not me anyway>. Do you know something that I do not? :)

No, no inside info here.  I get your point, though.  I guess I had given up on the presumption that it's a shill bidder.

Well, good luck to Jeff, at any rate.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:48 pm 

Looks like bad news to me.  :?

"before chuck even gets in the room, you can feel the bad-ness." -Al

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:00 pm 

The 0 bidder is a shill. Look:

A. He knows what a Fazzle is and that it is worth a lot.
B. He has made no attempt to bid on the other Fazzle, which is at 1/2 the price he was "willing" to bid on jacques' copy.
C. He has NO FEEDBACK, and is a new member.

Come on, man, what more evidence is needed? Personally, I would NEVER bid on a shilled auction, and I would retract any bids I had on it. It really doesn't matter that we all think it would have gone over $1,000 anyways, there are two good reasons not to:

1. Shilling is insulting, and there is always the chance it COULD go for less than $1,000.

2. If the shiller wins, the mod will show back up on eBay and go for much less. Or, as is typical of shillers, a Second Chance offer would be sent to the last LEGITIMATE bidder.

Anyways, the magicprincess copy has 12 pages (confirmed), which means it is short a page.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:09 pm 

He is registered since 01 and currently is bidding on a number of very cool items.

"before chuck even gets in the room, you can feel the bad-ness." -Al

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:36 pm 

While I'm convinced DL's right, there's something very wrong there.  My guess is he's new at shilling, too. ;)

Since he bid $900, a2jeff would have it at $910.  He wants to check if a2jeff's bid to $950, but also doesn't want to take the lead.  So he bids $940 which will tell him that.  He should have bid $941, at least, which would also have told him if a2jeff bid more than $950.  Anyway, he's now forced to bid $960 or higher to bid at all, so he takes the minimum available to him.  a2jeff still hangs onto it, so he jumps to an even $1000 -- again, a mistake.  He should have gone like $991 or so, which would have been "safer" had a2jeff bid just under $1000.  Of course, we all know a2jeff by now, I'm sure he's put $25k on it :)

( Shilling not working out?  Want to squeeze every penny out of suckers who buy stuff online?  Why not buy my latest book, "How to Lie, Cheat and Steal like a Pro".  Only $199.95, and not available in stores!  Ultra RARE!!! )

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:29 am 

Congrats Stephen!  :D  Looks like you finally broke the bridesmaid streak. :wink:

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:32 am 

Deadlord36 wrote:Anyways, the magicprincess copy has 12 pages (confirmed), which means it is short a page.

Did Magicprincess E-mail you and tell you that?

I was hoping to bid on this one, my snipe failed (to low) on the first one

$1500.00 WOW!!

J

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:36 am 

Blackmoor wrote:
Deadlord36 wrote:Anyways, the magicprincess copy has 12 pages (confirmed), which means it is short a page.

Did Magicprincess E-mail you and tell you that?

I was hoping to bid on this one, my snipe failed (to low) on the first one

$1500.00 WOW!!

J

According to the auction description, all the pages are there. Aside from the stolen text from the site here, they have an individualized listing of all the pages:

magicprincess wrote:Some of the headers on the pages are:

Scenario

Character Sheet

Player Evaluation Sheet

General Istructions To Dungeonmasters

- A. Cavern Entrance

- B. The Ogre Den

- C. The Antechamber

- Maps

- D. The Hallway

- E. Corridor to the Back Door

- F. The Outer Sanctum

- G. Side Corridors

- J. The Inner Sanctum

Unless they are lying in the auction description I count 13. :?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:46 am 

bclarkie wrote:
Unless they are lying in the auction description I count 13. :?

I don't see how the guy responsible for the production of the module could have missed a page.

But then the auction does tell at least one lie .... 8O

The current value of this module is unknown because it is so rare that none have been know to have been sold since 1996.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:14 am 

She said 12. To be honest, I doubt they even counted them, just went by the erroneous Acaeum info they stole.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 7:41 am 

bclarkie wrote:Congrats Stephen! :D Looks like you finally broke the bridesmaid streak. :wink:

Thanks, Brian.  Have to say I'm surprised I won it, even at that price.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 7:43 am 

afoolandhis$ wrote:
bclarkie wrote:Congrats Stephen! :D Looks like you finally broke the bridesmaid streak. :wink:

Thanks, Brian. Have to say I'm surprised I won it, even at that price.

well done stephen! a nice premier item for the collection :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 7:50 am 

afoolandhis$ wrote:

Thanks, Brian. Have to say I'm surprised I won it, even at that price.

You are NO fool with your $ Stephen ... Well Done!  

I am glad it went to a great member of the forum  :wink:

PreviousNext