The Collector's Trove Presents: Stephen R. Marsh Collection
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2006 9:51 am 

improvstone wrote:
mbassoc2003 wrote:From the personal collection of Steve Marsh, over 120 pages of articles and notes mostly from 1978 through 1983. Complete with a letter of authenticity signed by Steve.

Ian,  I have to ask the obvious question.  Are you keeping PDF copies?

No, I'm not; and this is why.... A large proportion of the document is Heroquest, and while Steve's thoughts on RPGs and his writings are very fluid and not necessarily game specific, the info relevant to Revenant was the only real items of interest to me, and those are predominantly titbits here and there and the Verdigirs House Rules.

The discussions entered into in the APAs regarding other things discussed in Wild Hunt went over my head, as I don't have any of the stuff that is being discussed.

The docs make for good reading and historical research, and I can see some support to Steve's other works of the time, but there isn't that much here if you're looking for stuff to pick up and use. Like Revenaunt and Planes of Existance, this lot needs filtered and rewritten if it's to be of any publishable use. And it won't stand alone, except maybe the Heroquest stuff.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2006 12:54 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:The docs make for good reading and historical research, and I can see some support to Steve's other works of the time, but there isn't that much here if you're looking for stuff to pick up and use.

Yup; agreed from what I've seen (the majority, perhaps) of that.

Primary (/best) use would be in the context of the other material Steve was working on, and certainly "of value" there. Much of the remaining discursive content requires to be cast in the context of publication, IMO; where those were published as subzines in the APAs.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2006 1:51 pm 

faro wrote:Primary (/best) use would be in the context of the other material Steve was working on, and certainly "of value" there.

I can see why it was done (it made financial sense) but it's a shame the collection was split up the way it was. It seems that Revenaunt, the cupric texts, verdigris testiment, and Planes of Existance were all interwoven and should have remained as a whole.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Previous