New I6 Ravenloft Print?  Or am I late to the party?
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:26 pm 

Bumped at my request, so thanks for finding it.

As I look at these pictures, it just feels like the price version is later.  Something about the layout, I guess.

The question that raises for me is why we have the reverse indicated for the two printings of DL1: http://www.acaeum.com/ddindexes/modpages/dl.html

I happen to have them both at the moment, and the price version just feels later in this case too.

Can anyone speak to where the determination of printing order (for any of the items we track) comes from?  There are some things we know - logos, addresses, cover art, etc.  Where does the information on ISBN/Product Number/Item Code order come from?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:53 pm 

Badmike wrote:While identifying prints of some of my modules yesterday, I found two distinctly different prints of the module I6 Ravenloft. I read this at the Acaeum:

Yet what I have here is a 1st print predating the silver anniversary edition (either one). I have no idea which came first. Version #1 has the price of $6.00 in small font near the bottom right of the back cover; the ISBN is on the back underneath the item description and is large with a white background. Version #2 has no price, and the ISBN and product number are in tiny font underneath the item description on the back cover (no white background). Anyone know about this? It seems to contradict the Acaeum product info. I can send back cover scans to anyone interested. I'll post scans here if someone can walk me through getting a photobucket (or whoever) account set up.

Mike B.

I realize this was discussed years ago before I became involved with Acaeum, but is it possible that the module without the price was in one of those bundle packs and therefore not needing a price?   :?:   In one sense, that doesn't make sense because Ravenloft was so popular and therefore not needing a quick sale, but part of me wonders if they reprinted this very popular module to sell with low popularity modules to make it easier to get rid of them.  Just a thought. :idea:

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:08 am 

benjoshua wrote:
I realize this was discussed years ago before I became involved with Acaeum, but is it possible that the module without the price was in one of those bundle packs and therefore not needing a price?   :?:   In one sense, that doesn't make sense because Ravenloft was so popular and therefore not needing a quick sale, but part of me wonders if they reprinted this very popular module to sell with low popularity modules to make it easier to get rid of them.  Just a thought. :idea:

Definately not in a bundle pack. I bought mine within a days of its release. I bought all my stuff back then from the local hobby shop and I knew when new modules were released.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:18 am 

And the 1st does list its price as $6, its just not that apparent since the amount is apart of the number below the ISBN.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Previous