D&D or AD&D?
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:07 pm 

Ok people.

Now it's time for a poor italian newbie collector (i.e., me) to learn something ... if you would be so kind to tell me what you think (please!  :) ).

Modules originally not printed by TSR, or tournament modules, (like Pharaoh, Quest for the Fazzlewood, Tsojconth, Rahasia, etc ... in other words, most of the Rares) in your opinion, are to be intended for D&D or AD&D.

For example, I think that Rahasia is a D&D module (even the Daystar printing) because TSR version is for D&D and not for AD&D. Am I right?

And for the others?

Thank you for every answer.

Have a good night

Giorgio

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:36 pm 

Well Tsojconth was made for OD&D (because it predates AD&D) and later converted to AD&D during the common edition. Wee Warriors items are pretty much all OD&D.

C1 and C2 competition are AD&D (cause they were made for the AD&D Open at the tourneys).

Pharaoh was later converted to AD&D and Rahasia was later coverted to D&D. I can't really tell by looking at it because it seems as if some of the statistic codes aren't perfectly matching TSR stats.

I have no idea about the Quest for Fazzlewood but I am guessing it too was made for the AD&D Open at it's MDG tournament.

"before chuck even gets in the room, you can feel the bad-ness." -Al

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:19 pm 

Adam Shultz wrote:I have no idea about the Quest for Fazzlewood but I am guessing it too was made for the AD&D Open at it's MDG tournament.

Fazzlewood became "The Gem and the Staff" (O1), which was D&D.  Maybe one of the winners can fill us in on the original Fazzle. ;)

YIM  

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:54 am 

thank you guys.

I know it seems quite silly but it was a curiosity :)

have a nice day

Giorgio

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:01 pm 

I think anything written before the publication of the PHB in 1978 would have to be considered OD&D or perhaps Holmes D&D (which is an amalgamated hybrid between OD&D, Basic D&D, and AD&D).  The date should suffice to get a handle on the system.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:11 am 

OK. Just found the tournament program when QfFazzlewood was run. Gary Gygax was at that tournament and surely DMd some of it.

It was specifically ran as a D&D tourney.

Fun Fact: It was for sale at the MDG booth for $2.50. No limits on how many you could buy.  :wink:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 6:28 pm 

Fun Fact #2: These were also available for sale the next year as well. You would think there are more than 10 or so that I could account for if I really tried to remember who has them.