Negative Feedback Count
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:43 am 

Hey! I thought this was about feedback, and not shipping charges...but then again, I would LOVE to leave negative feedback for idiotic shipping charges.

Anyway, I'm very patient with sellers, as I try to contact them at least twice before giving up and leaving a neg. I've only had one problem (that was resolved) with a slow shipment, as I didn't contact the seller like he said in his auction.

As a seller (I don't sell much, just duplicates or copies I've upgraded from), I always contact the buyer to let them know when I ship their item.

As an aside, I got a real good sell with an earlier Dragon mag, and I put insurance on it at my expense to make sure no one got burned.

Dave, get the barbarian in the corner a drink, quick!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:01 pm 

jkason wrote:Hey! I thought this was about feedback, and not shipping charges...but then again, I would LOVE to leave negative feedback for idiotic shipping charges.

Anyway, I'm very patient with sellers, as I try to contact them at least twice before giving up and leaving a neg. I've only had one problem (that was resolved) with a slow shipment, as I didn't contact the seller like he said in his auction.

As a seller (I don't sell much, just duplicates or copies I've upgraded from), I always contact the buyer to let them know when I ship their item.

As an aside, I got a real good sell with an earlier Dragon mag, and I put insurance on it at my expense to make sure no one got burned.

It was started for a reason that never took off but that is all right. I was looking to see eveyones thought on what an accepatable negatve feedback rating for a seller is. I am thinking I ever lost that as I went on and on writing the message. The shipping charges in this case I thought qualified because they offered to combine and then that action was to take what amounted to 5% off their shipping charges. Please note that I have not left them a negative, only ever left one in all my years on eBay. I just see more and more sellers misrepresenting items, using shipping and handling to make money the item's selling price did not and using negative feedback as a veiled threat when the transaction sucks.

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:23 pm 

Marlith wrote:I was looking to see eveyones thought on what an accepatable negatve feedback rating for a seller is

I usually take this case by case. If they have something that I want yet have a terrible rating...I will insist on escrow or use something I can charge back in the worst case scenerio. I might even use a secondary ebay ID in case I need to add to their terrible feedback rating.

Sometimes a person can have several negs for nonBidding but nothing for selling. If they are selling something I want, I will take that into consideration as they have never dicked a buyer.

"before chuck even gets in the room, you can feel the bad-ness." -Al

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:26 pm 

As a general rule of thumb that I adhere to (and don't necessarily encourage others to do, just what I do as a CYA) don't be the first to leave feedback. Whether the buyer or seller, I simply won't be the one to leave feedback first. I got burned by one person who disregarded my payment instructions and sent an out of state personal check to pay for the auction (which I accepted anyway since I didn't want to be difficult). I had to wait for it to clear (which I informed them of) then shipped the auction out to them- using the cheapest method possible (which he paid for- parcel post) across the country. It took about a week or so for the package to reach the buyer, and I did everything I could around the system to find out the status of the package since they didn't want delivery confirmation either (since this experience, I tack on delivery confirmation on everything I sell). I found the item for the buyer in the mail, and went above and beyond the call of duty for them, and they still left me neutral feedback, for a 'long transaction'.

So yeah, long story short (too late), I won't leave feedback anymore unless I know for certain the buyer/seller on the other end is happy or not via either an email (which I openly encourage) or their feedback. If they aren't happy, I'm willing to go the extra mile to set things right if at all possible.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:35 pm 

beyondthebreach wrote:Our postal system is much like out tax system - a miasma of confusion and obscurity. I like to think that I have successfully navigated it's waters by this point. There are so many options - Priority, Flat rate boxes, flat rate envelopes, Express, Global Express, Global Priority (Variable and flat rate - small and large envelope), Parcel, Media Mail, International Air Parcel & Economy Parcel (can be insured - long customs form), International Letter Post & Economy letter Post (can't be insured, let than 4 lbs, less than 36" H/D/W short customs form), delivery confirmation, signature confirmation, insurance, certified, registered, return receipt, M-Bag (Air & Economy).

If you do your homework, you can find obscure ones that hardly anyone knows about - like Bound Printed Matter. This is, essentially, Media mail with a variable rate based on zip code. No one even knows about it, but Media is so cheap that it really doen't pay to even investigate it's rate chart.

Hey, don't forget rates go up in January...people forget when the UPS look innocent and raise the 1st class stamp price by a couple of cents, they jack up the priority and global priority rates alsoby 50 cents or so. I'm having to go through my Ebay store and raise the prices for shipping on everything so I don't get kicked in the nuts after January 6th.... :evil:

Mike B.

Previous