Odd AD&D 2nd. Find?
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:19 am 

Hey I love these things...I know they are really small but for me that is the main attraction. I have all the 1st ed reprints including the greyhawk box set- it is easily the neatest item what with the maps perfectly reproduced. I even think the Dragonlance mods are cool, as they are beautiful little copies with unbelievable maps and counters. I just need to find the DMG and PHB and my mini text section will be complete....anybody seen these anywhere?

The Erol Otus sets are just amazing- and I almost crapped in my calvins over and over again when I opened up the mini Keep on the Borderlands! They are difficult to read, some of them, but nothing beats that "what the hell are those?!" reaction you get from other oldschoolers when they check them out!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:08 am 

RWilson wrote:Hey I love these things...I know they are really small but for me that is the main attraction. I have all the 1st ed reprints including the greyhawk box set- it is easily the neatest item what with the maps perfectly reproduced. I even think the Dragonlance mods are cool, as they are beautiful little copies with unbelievable maps and counters. I just need to find the DMG and PHB and my mini text section will be complete....anybody seen these anywhere?

The Erol Otus sets are just amazing- and I almost crapped in my calvins over and over again when I opened up the mini Keep on the Borderlands! They are difficult to read, some of them, but nothing beats that "what the hell are those?!" reaction you get from other oldschoolers when they check them out!

I think I wrote this in another thread, but I actually used the Ruins of UM mini box to game with on a camping trip with some buddies, we also used the mini rulebooks from the D&D boxed sets.  Space was at a premium, the only thing regular sized was the dice, pencils and graph paper.  Had to use a magnifying glass for reading the text. Did it more as a joke than anything but it actually worked.

Mike B.

Previous