Please help with White Plume Mountain checklist
Author

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:10 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:sorry to veer slightly OT, but with you just mentioning NWN there..... whats the Q1 like?

i could be tempted to instal it all on again if that one is any good, just to check it out.

Al

Al, there are at least two attempts at Q1 that I've inspected, and I can recommend one very highly. It is by an author called "Lomar," who does very good work.

Checking the memory banks, I played it online with a buddy of mine, using my 15th-level dwarf barbarian and his 18th-level human paladin. We were a little heavy on combat and light on magic (obviously), but we still had a blast.

It's a fairly graphics-intensive module, so you'll want to play on the best system you have access to. There is one area in particular that featured somewhere in the neighborhood of 50 to 70 foes.

Demonweb Pits

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:18 pm 

Checking its stats, some guy named "Xaxaxe" gave that module a 10 out of 10 rating on 11/24/2004. So it must be good. :)

The other major Q1, BTW, is by a guy called "Trev," who has done the entire series — Giants, Drow, Demonweb. I have played his Giants series, and thought it was quite good (funny sidebar: we actually ended up doing it backwards ... fire giants, then frost, then hill. So we leveled-up as the adventure got easier :)).

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:19 pm 

oooooo :D

cheers chummer! will try and find some time to check that out over the weekend.

gotta sort out all my ebay stuff first and do some tidying up in the back room and then i can sit and have some time to play that (after training of course!)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:22 pm 

Official White Plume Mountain Checklist:
    ◻ Wave
    ◻ Whelm
    ◻ Blackrazor
:)  (Oh, and that 3.5 version is simply blasphemy.  Go get the real thing, you heathen dogs!)

YIM  

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:32 pm 

Here's a possible plan to take some of the rust off: just go through the "Academy scenes" in the prelude chapter of the main NWN adventure.

Don't even worry about your character or gathering treasure; just follow the dialogue as the NPCs remind you how to use the map function, the inventory function, the journal function, etc. As soon as it all comes back to you, check out the Vault for an adventure you've never played before.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:41 pm 

yeah that sounds like a good plan....but.....cant.....resist...the pulllllllll.......queen....demonweb.....pits.........must....check......it out

:D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:51 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:Official White Plume Mountain Checklist:[list]
? Wave
? Whelm
? Blackrazor

:)

How true. I think most of us, back in the day, probably had one or more of those weapons earmarked for our characters. It was just the formality of having someone actually DM the damn thing that slowed us all down.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:03 pm 

I have played several of the module adaptations in the Vault. Mind you, I don't have much free time so it takes me several weeks to finish anything with size and scope. Usually for an hour or two after the kids are down for the night.

Anyway, you have got to check out N1 Against the Cult of the Reptile God. It is awesome. Probably one of the best remakes out there. Stays extremely close to the actual module with a few nice twists. Very, very well done. The U-series by (oraweb??) is also excellent, especially U1.

I played one of the WPMs a couple years ago...I think it was good, but I don't remember who did it.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Previous