Please help with White Plume Mountain checklist
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:59 pm 

*bump*

Xaxaxe, how's your WPM-intensive collection coming along?

By the way, great avatar.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:14 pm 

It goes well, actually.

I've got everything mentioned here, with the exception of S1-4, which I'm in no hurry to get (I owned it before and wasn't that impressed). And I'm slowly making my way through the Dragon Archive, checking for the off-hand reference here and there ... and, man, what an awful interface they designed for that thing.

I've even got all the WPM modules that I could find for Neverwinter Nights ... I'm a sick person. :)

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:18 pm 

To elaborate on Dungeon #77, The adventures is titled:

"Ex Keraptis Cum Amore" :)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:29 pm 

There are some tangential references to WPM in the current Dungeon "Age of Worms" adventure path campaign, and Dragotha plays a prominent part in the latter adventures in the series.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 5:12 pm 

chromaticknight wrote:Ah, no fairy logo then? Still sounds interesting. Could you post a scan or two? Which other modules are in the run?

*snap!*

Fairy logo?
   8O

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 5:21 pm 

Well, as long as someone already bumped the thread, I'll add an item to the WPM checklist:

White Doom Mountain

Technically, it shouldn't qualify, but it's from KenzerCo's Wizards-approved line of AD&D 1e pastiches, so it's close enough for jazz. I just ordered a copy from Noble Knight* ... I MUST have all WPM material!

We wants it ... precioussssss ...

+++++

*Yet another order NOT placed with Titan or the Rot Grub Shop.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 5:22 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:*Yet another order NOT placed with Titan or the Rot Grub Shop.

hey X

whos the Rot Grub Shop?

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 5:35 pm 

Oh, that's from when we used to make fun of Tonya's eBay Stores name. It was something like "Tonya's Swap Shop," and when you looked at it quickly, it looked like "Tonya's Ass." Then it was something like "Tonya's RPG Swap Shop" or something and I just started calling it "the Rot Grub Shop." Probably funny only to me ... but, hey, that's important, right? :wink:

+++++

Sidebar: you know, I sent her two apologies for some of the foul language I used when I was furious at Titan's blatant rip-offs. In reply, I got nothing but condescension and moral superiority. Hell with her — karma is on its way.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 5:59 pm 

i like Rot Grub Shop - kinda fits imo :)

nice one :D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 6:59 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:Well, as long as someone already bumped the thread, I'll add an item to the WPM checklist:

White Doom Mountain

Technically, it shouldn't qualify, but it's from KenzerCo's Wizards-approved line of AD&D 1e pastiches, so it's close enough for jazz. I just ordered a copy from Noble Knight* ... I MUST have all WPM material!

We wants it ... precioussssss ...

+++++

*Yet another order NOT placed with Titan or the Rot Grub Shop.

Just for the record, White Doom Mountain is a Hackmaster module, for the game of the same name.

For those who don't know, Kenzer & Company actually published the game that figured so prominently in so many of their Knights of the Dinner Table Magazine comics. Of course, it's a light-hearted "Us vs. the GM" kind of game with enough rules to make 3E look like tiddly-winks.

I've never played a session of Hackmaster, but its fans are legion. Kinda uses 1E/2E rules.

Dave, get the barbarian in the corner a drink, quick!

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:04 pm 

jkason wrote:Just for the record, White Doom Mountain is a Hackmaster module, for the game of the same name.

Uh ... yeah, that's why I referred to it as an "approved 1e pastiche." :?

My little WPM checklist has everything I can think of: AD&D items, Spellfire cards, the recent 3e version on Wizards.com, etc., etc. I was just implying that such an obvious homage to WPM should be included, not that it was by any means a TSR product.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:36 pm 

grodog wrote:There are some tangential references to WPM in the current Dungeon "Age of Worms" adventure path campaign

Gro, if you happen to glance here again, could you quantify just how tangential we're talking about? Would you have to really know Greyhawk pretty well to get it, or do the authors just flat-out say "White Plume Mountain" at certain points?

Thanks in advance.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:06 pm 

I don't recall WPM specifically being mentioned much Xaxaxe, but the adventure (next-to-last IIRC, which would make it "Into the Wormcrawl Fissure" in issue #134 @ http://paizo.com/dungeon/products/issues/ageOfWorms/134 ) does go into some additional background material on Dragotha, how he came to serve Kyuss, and such.  WPM is likely mentioned in an offhand way, but it may not have been too:  I'd have to go rescan the adventures to be sure (which I'm happy to do, it'll just have to wait until I recover from the jetlag).

PS - there's also a huge online plot summary/web enhancement called Age of Worms Overload @ http://paizo.com/dungeon/resources which may be where the references were, too (though I'm pretty sure there are some in ItWF as well).

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:32 pm 

I've even got all the WPM modules that I could find for Neverwinter Nights ... I'm a sick person.

Their are D&D modules for NWN?!?!?!?

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:56 pm 

Kosh Vorlontay wrote:Their are D&D modules for NWN?!?!?!?

:) ... and they're all free, too.

There are NWN modules for just about everything — the only 1e module that I can't find a single listing for is S3: Expeditious Retreat, but that's not really a huge surprise.

As far as S2 goes, there are at least five NWN modules that incorporate the major aspects of either WPM or Return to WPM. The problem (IMO) is that none of them are very good. With these fan-created modules, the price is certainly right, but any potential players are at the mercy of how much effort the module-creator put into his work. There are some module authors who are fantastic, and I'll play anything they create ... others, not so much. Mileage definitely varies.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:59 pm 

Do you download them from the main site or are they on a fan site?

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:00 pm 

sorry to veer slightly OT, but with you just mentioning NWN there..... whats the Q1 like?

i could be tempted to instal it all on again if that one is any good, just to check it out.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:02 pm 

There is more than one site, but the one that seems to be the default for many players is the Neverwinter Vault at IGN.

The Vault has all kinds of NWN goodness — modules are only part of what they do.

NW Vault

PreviousNext