Darkseraphim?
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:53 pm 

Hello all,

Has anyone heard from Darkseraphim lately?  He used to be quite active on Ebay, and I bought quite a bit from him over the last two years, but now he seems to have stopped selling.  Anyone have any news?

The Egg

PrimEvil Studios provides quality miniature painting at very reasonable prices.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:55 pm 

Egg of Coot wrote:Hello all,

Has anyone heard from Darkseraphim lately? He used to be quite active on Ebay, and I bought quite a bit from him over the last two years, but now he seems to have stopped selling. Anyone have any news?

The Egg

He posted back in April or May that he was basically now out of the game. I am pretty sure he was getting married and because of that, moving on to other things. He does pop in here from time to time, I suppose to check up on everyone. :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:12 pm 

One very thorough, insightful, and meticulous fella. This hobby would lose a tremendous influence if he doesn't return.  :cry:

"before chuck even gets in the room, you can feel the bad-ness." -Al

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:35 am 

bclarkie wrote:

Has anyone heard from Darkseraphim lately? He used to be quite active on Ebay, and I bought quite a bit from him over the last two years, but now he seems to have stopped selling. Anyone have any news?

The Egg

He posted back in April or May that he was basically now out of the game. I am pretty sure he was getting married and because of that, moving on to other things. He does pop in here from time to time, I suppose to check up on everyone. :wink:

Odd, since I got married 7 years ago I've been spending MORE time with my favorite hobby....interesting how it happened that way.  :D Marriage has actually turned out to be a boon to my collecting.  And in turn the collecting/buying/selling has become a bulit in excuse to shirk my husbandly duties:  "Honey, I'd love to go to that ridiculously boring social event you have planned tonight, but I was planning to list all those H-series modules, you know the ones worth a lot of money, and you like me to make money, right?" Works every time.  

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:47 am 

And Aneoth, Anyone know how's he doing?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . chicken and wild rice soup.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:52 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:And Aneoth, Anyone know how's he doing?

damn nice guy Aneoth.

i did get a msg back off Draco the other day - funny guy he is :)

hes been playing something called WOW? anyone know what that is?

Al

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:03 am 

Worlds of Warcraft.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:35 am 

Deadlord36 wrote:Worlds of Warcraft.

ah yes. is that the online one? looked quite good that, just didnt have the time to get it and check it out....

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:38 am 

killjoy32 wrote:

damn nice guy Aneoth.

Al

I guess that would at least partially explain why we don't hear from him anymore.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:52 am 

The Egg

He was "here" just the other day, presumably reading the forums/checking PMs.  He didn't post anything, though.

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:03 am 

deimos3428 wrote:

The Egg

He was "here" just the other day, presumably reading the forums/checking PMs. He didn't post anything, though.

deim, he was replying to my PM....

Al

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:22 pm 

I don't know much about WoW, I get hooked on online games too easily, so I have avoided it. I still play DIablo after 6 years, though. It does tend to make some extra money.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:14 pm 

Deadlord36 wrote:I don't know much about WoW, I get hooked on online games too easily, so I have avoided it. I still play DIablo after 6 years, though. It does tend to make some extra money.

i played that diablo for a time. got really fed up after a while tho, with some of the muppets that were about.

one of my faves was ultima online - that was quite fun.

nowadays i dont really have the time - what games i do play (medieval total war and chaos league), dont take up a lot of time, so its not too bad for me :)

Al

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:18 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:

Al

I did see Draco pop in a couple of weeks ago. Good to see he is still alive. :wink:  I wish he would come arond and start posting again, he always made me laugh. :) Good guy.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:54 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
Deadlord36 wrote:I don't know much about WoW, I get hooked on online games too easily, so I have avoided it. I still play DIablo after 6 years, though. It does tend to make some extra money.

i played that diablo for a time. got really fed up after a while tho, with some of the muppets that were about.

Al

LOL, yeah GBR-1 & 2 is like a "spot the sane person game" (i.e. there aren't any in there most of the time) and the dumb PKs (I hate them) who hang there.

I play diablo 2 a lot (generally classic only & nonladder). Strangely enough, I tend to name all my priavte games "muppet". If anyone's on there, you can always look me up in the European realm under the sn "Kibeth" or "wd-kibeth" (my mule account).

Mount Celestia doesn't want me and Baator's afraid I'll take over.

Ninty-eight Blue and Green Slaad at the door, Ninty-eight Blue and Green Slaad, Take one down, they gate in two more, Ninty-nine Blue and Green Slaad at the door...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:50 pm 

I think KingofPain has talked to him recently.   Aneoth's been working quite a bit on a new home business, hopefully it will get very successful and he'll start up his collecting once again.  I'm going to try to give him a call over the holidays...

Mike B.