Dear CreepyDealer
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:21 pm 

I was told it is a 5th printing.

Creep, it seems your real beef here is with the other resellers, some of whom also have prices I consider way too high. Most of the collectors here view your posts with amusement. You did not sell 30K worth of stuff, plain and simple. If so, your store would be grossing around 1/4 million a year, and NO game store sells that much. If you strip the bullshit out of your posts, you will get a much better response. Well, not from the other resellers maybe, but most of us.

If you manage to rape some fish for huge money on your items, more power to you. Just don't try to bullshit everyone here. Even the casual collectors here know twice as much as you about RPG's and the industry in general.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:34 pm 

Deadlord36 wrote:I was told it is a 5th printing.

Creep, it seems your real beef here is with the other resellers, some of whom also have prices I consider way too high. Most of the collectors here view your posts with amusement. You did not sell 30K worth of stuff, plain and simple. If so, your store would be grossing around 1/4 million a year, and NO game store sells that much. If you strip the bullshit out of your posts, you will get a much better response. Well, not from the other resellers maybe, but most of us.

If you manage to rape some fish for huge money on your items, more power to you. Just don't try to bullshit everyone here. Even the casual collectors here know twice as much as you about RPG's and the industry in general.

Oh yes. Every one knows more than me. la la la .. thats why I'm able to profit from the stuff, and others are stunned by the sales. Your right, I didn't do 30k last month. My accountant told me I did 33,7xx. Sorry 'bout that little error. I would n't be stupid enough to totally rely upon ebay. Although ebay did help with about 23 or 24k of it.

Ignoring pessimists who continue to say "how could that sell for that ?" I continue to take advantage of the strengthening, escalating, very valuable D&D collectibles market. Its been a long time coming, Where it wil stop, nobody knows.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:10 pm 

Wow, you own a business and you actually do ... business. Gee, congratulations. :roll:

I have no idea what it is you're trying to prove here, but you're just embarrassing yourself. Unless it's to prove: "I can act like a moron and alienate a lot of bucks-up collectors!" In that case, you're doing a great job.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:33 pm 

creepydealer wrote:
Deadlord36 wrote:I was told it is a 5th printing.

Oh yes. Every one knows more than me. la la la .. thats why I'm able to profit from the stuff, and others are stunned by the sales. Your right, I didn't do 30k last month. My accountant told me I did 33,7xx. Sorry 'bout that little error. I would n't be stupid enough to totally rely upon ebay. Although ebay did help with about 23 or 24k of it.

Total ebay sales Nov. 6 - Dec. 4, 2005 by creep1962 = $159.39.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:07 pm 

creepydealer wrote:
Deadlord36 wrote:30K in business is a flat-out lie, creep. $1,000 a day selling RPG's is absolutely impossible, eBay or not. Most people don't even have 30K collections after collecting for decades. You might want to revise your numbers into something believable.

Personally, I don't give a rat's ass whether you buy up everything in sight at high prices and try to sell it for even higher. That is your business. I would, however, try to at least put up an intelligent post if you decide to post at all. At LEAST 95% of the serious RPG collectors are members here. We all know each other well, and there are only a very few "hidden" collectors. And, I might add, the "hidden" collectors buy very infrequently, because by remaining out of sight, they remove themselves from many potential private deals.

Unfortunately, you have done serious damage to your reputation. The guys here are very sharp, and they don't miss ANYTHING. Other people have found that out to their dismay. Heck, you should just be glad that PurpleDragon hasn't been around!

This isn't an attack, just some advice.

I never said 30k a day in RPG, if you assumed that maybe your involved in the wrong conversation. Last month I DID sell 5k in RPG material, hey like it or not, and I could care les if you belive it. If anyone is smart enough, and wants to dispute my sales, its easily researchable in abou 15 seconds on ebay. "Hidden collectors " What the hell are you talking about, I run a public store. I have people contact me from all over the country, every week. People who exchange valuable information, goods, and cash. Yes, cash is what I want. Reputation ? Here. In one speck of the world. The is not the international trading station of D&D. Sure, there are alot of knowledgable folk here. I'm sure there are even some good people here. There are probably even one or 2 smart enough to run a business, or form an enterprise. NONE who know me, my true reputation, the volume of goods I own, or exchange. No one here can speak of the volume business I do. I have not been here for months, because I just don't have time for the entertainment. lol To much business to be done.

OH .. whats this. A few lttle sales. Most importantly, Brian , you can't call me a liar now, I proved that I could sell one for this price. Infact, I don't have time to mess with your ridculousness, but I have sold 3. Just 14 left buddy, I'm getting low. So if you have one ... in S/W only, I'll give you forty for it.

D&D, AD&D, B1-9 IN SEARCH of ADVENTURE Near Mint (5234276530)

1 $67.95 -- Nov-07

D&D, AD&D, XL1 QUEST FOR THE HEARTSTONE VERY FINE ! (5234283114)

1 $28.95 -- Nov-07

D&D, AD&D, COLLECTOR SET DA1 - DA4 ! RARE NM/ MINT (5234296776)

1 $179.95 -- Nov-07

D&D, AD&D COLLECTORS SET DDA1 - DDA4 VF-MINT (5234310594)

1 $64.95 -- Nov-07

D&D, AD&D EARTHSHAKER CM4 Dungeons Dragons EXCELLENT (5244767192)

1 $11.95 -- Nov-07

kzin-man(640) 1 $89.95 $95.90 Nov-19 Leave Feedback

D&D, AD&D, GAZETTEER DAWN OF THE EMPERORS SET S/W (5241916350

Yea dude, you are doing a hell of a job there. You 1st say you sold three Dawn of the Emprorers box sets, and well now you can only find one. An intersting little side note to you, ummm only two different buyers bought that stuff. One of them is definitely a hardcore collector with grand feedback total of.........11 :!: He must be a major player in the RPG market. The other buyer has a feedback score of 640, with a grand total buys in the RPG market over the last 3 months of about 10. Hmmm, they must be part of that raging market no one else here seems to know about. :roll: Maybe we should take a look at all of your failed sales attempts, such as the $1800 or was it the $1400, or wait was it the $1100, or wait now its the $1000 R series to name one. I think creepy once again you have proven my point, which is, "When in doubt avoid your sales at all costs". The funniest part of it is as when ever that guy was out there shilling the hell out of your auctions, I was the one of the FIRST people to say that is was wrong to do that. Do I have a problem with how you do business, Yes. Do I think that the person who was doing that to was right? No. Creepy, the problem you have with me is none other then the clear fact that I speak the truth. The problem with that is as long as you continue to lie and conive and basically be a jerk off, you will never win, ever. Right will always be right and wrong will always be wrong no matter how much you want to try to twist the facts. Go ahead with your bad self and continue to try and prevert the market and your business will continue on as it has. Every once in awhile you might get lucky because an uneducated buyer who doesnt know any better buys your stuff, but more times than not you wont, and sooner or later you will be gone, and I am sure no one will miss you one bit. :)

Now, I am done even addressing your sorry ass, because as I stated earlier you talk a lot but you say nothing. Bye-Bye. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:22 pm 

Hey, I sold $500.00 last month :lol: :lol: :lol:

Already spent it too 8)

J

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:05 pm 

Sheesh, I go away for a few hours and miss all the fun!   :roll:

Creep:  Your prices are insane, but there's plenty of ignorant people out there, so I'm sure you're doing very well.  I really don't care about your financial situation, that's your issue.  Let's move on.

I think you'll probably be sitting on your big ticket items for a while, as the casual newbie doesn't have big pockets.  They've gotten slightly better over the fall -- but not nearly enough to attract any serious buyers.  You could be sitting on those BIN prices for a long time!  Not that this is news, virtually all brick & mortar shops are doing this.  It generally doesn't work for vintage stuff, stick to the shiny plastic minis. ;)

Most of the serious D&D collectors hang out here.  Unfortunately for you, you've already alienated most of them.  If you want to post on here, go ahead.  Maybe you've got something interesting to say.  Just don't expect much respect a long as you keep ranting.

YIM  

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:37 pm 

And just so we all know that it isnt just D&D collectors that think your prices are nuts...here is some commentary from other people on different web-sites that have bought from you:

Avalon Hill Boards

http://boards.avalonhill.com/archive/in ... -5405.html

Don't buy from the Creep1962 guy.  Any particular reason why (other than the fact his price is ludicrous)? I bought from him about a year ago without any problems.

He charges way to much and many buyers from maxminis have had a problem with him. Several months back there was a thread just dedicated to this guy.

If you like having to send a few e-mails asking him to follow up on your items, because its been a few weeks since you paid, or if you like your stuff smelling like cigarette smoke, go for it. :eek:  He completed my transaction, but not before much hand wringing and e-mailing. It would have to be an extremely good deal before I would be willing to go through the hassle with him again.

How about the MK Realms collecting forum:

MKRealms.com - The Mage Knight Community

Creep1962 - I ahve a Gate Knight listed on ebay for 49.95.

PZombizzle - !!!!!!!!!! thats steep! it may seem like a good deal now but keep in mind the gate knight will be a regular tournament prize soon.

Creep1962 - STeep ???? It's the only one listed! ANd I have $50 each in all 3 of mine, and I'm willing to break even on one. That sounds ... FAIR.

Folds - Dude, if he thinks the price is steep, he's probably right. I too think the price is a bit steep. Remember, people have to want to bid on it to make it a good price.

I am sure I could find a few more unhappy customers if I spent enough time searching.  Maybe if you piss off enough people someone will create a website just to let everyone else in the world know how much they hate you.  Just like they did everyone's favorite D&D reseller: Cougarrinard.  The oft-proclaimed Titanium Powerseller has his own shrine here:

Account Suspended

Common sense 2.  Jack-ass 0.  Thanks for playing...again.  :P

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:17 am 

i've gotten fed up reading this thread now and will ignore if from now on.

i guess everyone likes to make money, but it takes a real "special" type to sit on top of the hill.

if thats you mr C, then good for you. i hope youre happy and will be content. for me? i am really not interested one way or the other anymore. friends and real life are more important to me. money just keep things ticking over. if i maintain a balance between making some money and getting all the things i like in life in the meantime, then i am very happy.

anyway. off out for a run.

as youre making so much money, perhaps you would care to sponsor me in the marathon i am doing? i am doing that for three charities and are in aid of excellent causes?

regards

Alan

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:16 am 

There is no business, there was no 33.7K last month. All a line of shit. These noobs crop up from time to time, although at 43 years oild I'd expect marginally better English. Perhaps investing some of those vast profits in Hooked on Phonics would boost sales presence, Creep.

Anyways, you've managed to make a fool of yourself. You were warned.

Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:23 am 

If you go back to my first post, it was a response to dear creepy dealer. No ranting. But of course as anyone would, I become defensive when told I'm a liar or whatever. No, I'm not. Yes, I sell whatever I say, and really, I don't care any longer if dead believes it or not. The figures are p[ublic knowledge of my sales at ebay, I have a retail outlet, and I have a good business online, so I really do have a fair amount of sales. People say bad things ???? Sure, they talk about anyone who sells items on the edge. Price, selected items hard to get, custom made items. Whatever. I have had about a dozen complain, and about 3500 NOT. Sounds like a good ratio to me. Alienate buyers ??? This is one little bitty fascet of what I sell. I would not be so foolish as to put a large percentage of my business on such a small market. Its good busness, no doubt, but I could quit selling all vintage D&D literature tomorrow, and business woul not be alot different. Just grab something else in the huge gaming market. Bottom line, a few people in the world, don't like my practices, basically because its what they collect.  Promoting the sale of this stuff to the new people coming into the market actually benefits all collectors who allready have collections. And it expose the collectibility to a whole new bunch of people. So ... good luck to all. :)

Ignoring pessimists who continue to say "how could that sell for that ?" I continue to take advantage of the strengthening, escalating, very valuable D&D collectibles market. Its been a long time coming, Where it wil stop, nobody knows.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:35 am 

creepydealer wrote: but I could quit selling all vintage D&D literature tomorrow, and business woul not be alot different.

So, in other words, your sales of "vintage D&D" items don't amount to all that much?  In contrast to:

creepydealer wrote: Your right, I didn't do 30k last month. My accountant told me I did 33,7xx. Sorry 'bout that little error. I would n't be stupid enough to totally rely upon ebay. Although ebay did help with about 23 or 24k of it.

Why should anyone rely on your appraisals when there is so much inconsistency in everything else you've, for example, posted here?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:50 am 

afoolandhis$ wrote:
creepydealer wrote: but I could quit selling all vintage D&D literature tomorrow, and business woul not be alot different.

So, in other words, your sales of "vintage D&D" items don't amount to all that much? In contrast to:

creepydealer wrote: Your right, I didn't do 30k last month. My accountant told me I did 33,7xx. Sorry 'bout that little error. I would n't be stupid enough to totally rely upon ebay. Although ebay did help with about 23 or 24k of it.

Why should anyone rely on your appraisals when there is so much inconsistency in everything else you've, for example, posted here?

Hey, take it from a true salesman. The funniest thing about it is the fact that he continually neglets to say is how much he actually spent on materials and overhead. I can say that I am a salesman and I sell 1 million dollars a month in car sales, but if I am paying $999,000.00 to sell that $1 million, then I am really not doing shit am I.

Looking at a numbers stadpoint from Ebay Feedback, even jonb who is a reknowned thief, managed to keep his feedback above 85%. Everyone already knows that the shady sellers hold feedback hostage in an attempt to bully unsatisfied customers into not saying the truth. :wink: I am not saying every seller who holds back feedback is shady, but every shady seller always withholds feedback :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:14 am 

This is simply solved. What is the name of your retail RPG business? Web address?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:25 am 

Well, there's his ebay store "Miniatures Gaming Supplies":

eBay listings

But Googling it doesn't turn up another store by the same name.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:31 pm 

Geez...to think that once upon a time I actually respected the folks here at the Acaeum...now I see what heartless, antifreeze-for-blood, mechanical bastards (bclarkie, you are only getting a lump of coal in your stocking from Santa this year...)you all really are! Poor Creepydealer- thank you for exposing them as the witless uninformed (particularly about D&D- what a bunch of poseurs!) stooges they really are.....but in the spirit of the Christmas season, and for my own selfish reasons, as I hope you do not depart this forum but continue to lay down your wisdom and insights, particularly those of a business like nature, I would humbly prevail upon these poor nonbelievers to pool their humble resources and collectively apologize to you with the gift of.......

A Speak and Spell so you can learn to write, and a Speak and Math so you can learn to add. And fire that accountant of yours -probably that "girlfriend" of yours you were cowering behind last round.

Sweet Tapdancing Christ, but you are P-A-T-H-E-T-I-C. Go spray your horseshit all over some other forum. Your leeching around stinks of desperation.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:47 pm 

RWilson wrote:Sweet Tapdancing Christ, but you are P-A-T-H-E-T-I-C. Go spray your horseshit all over some other forum. Your leeching around stinks of desperation.

you Canadian's have got real issues :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:08 pm 

Other than starting fires, animal torture and wetting the bed I have no idea what you're talking about.

PreviousNext