Dear CreepyDealer
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:07 pm 

I have no personal qualms with you. But I figured it would be better to contain this to one thread. I enjoy reading the interesting items thread too much.

Please field opinions and questions here.

My first question is...

What is up with your user name? :lol:

"before chuck even gets in the room, you can feel the bad-ness." -Al

Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:33 pm 

What the heck man, if your the creep, you gotta be creepy. You don't think this is the first encounter I have ever had being considered a "creep" because of my efforts to take advantage of free trade eh ? People in general just don't like to see someone else do well as a middleman. Hey ... screwthemiddleman for example. Hence ... I'm a creep. I like to consider free trade still legal in this country, and a legitamate way to earn a living. Especially if its something you enjoy. And I while you all may think I'm just about making money off this stuff, I actually enjoy collecting all gaming materials, was into many other games before D&D, and just saw the popularity on a huge increase becasue of the palstic miniatures gaining such huge popularity. It only mad sense that the vintage RPG stuf was destined to rise, given they would be wanted by a percentage of these people, a WHOLE new market to the D&D community. SO .... I'll be a creep. I think its funny actually that people believe what their brother or sister is doing as a middleman is ok, but what I do is not. I will gladly maintain my controversial self to the designated thread. Although your very own forum friends elect to post trashy statements in any thread they feel fit, making remarks in the same thread a natural response. I don't intend to be the frequent poster anyway, I honestly have more productive things to do ususally, though I must admit I get a godd deal of education on products here. I also find a bit of entertainment in the AWE of the nay-sayers as they see the $100 treasure hunts, and $150 Gaz series sales (one of my own)  :)  Thank You for the non-hostile greeting, I may not post much, but I always read-up.

Ignoring pessimists who continue to say "how could that sell for that ?" I continue to take advantage of the strengthening, escalating, very valuable D&D collectibles market. Its been a long time coming, Where it wil stop, nobody knows.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:47 pm 

So where do you get your prices from? Do people actually pay $200+ for a shrinkwrapped silver anniversary box? I take it you sell stuff in a shop. Your eBay sales don't show you selling $30K last month.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:48 pm 

I guess I dont get it, If we are so stupid, what is there to read. Why would you bother to waste your time reading what a bunch of moronic nay-sayers such as ourselves have to say? That makes the least sense of anything you have posted here thus far. Do you always read nonsense in your free time or is this just every so often that you do? :?

My 4 year old nephew really loves his books, but I can honestly say that I would not bother reading them, even if I was really bored.

As far as the completely ridiculous N4 goes, I seem to have managed and got my hands on a shrinkwarapped one less than 8 months ago on EBay for a kingly sum of $25.00. Before the current one, the higest one ever went for $51.00. You seem to fail to realize that the market is not dictated by one buyer who fails to realize that there will be others to come along. But once again, why bother right, we all know nothing. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:49 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:So where do you get your prices from? Do people actually pay $200+ for a shrinkwrapped silver anniversary box? I take it you sell stuff in a shop. Your eBay sales don't show you selling $30K last month.

He will have to get back to you on that I, he has to clean the dust off it first. :lol:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:52 pm 

There is nothing creepy about selling. Nor collecting for that matter.

You probably wouldn't find me bidding on any of the items of yours that I have seen. Mainly because I could just as easily find them much cheaper. It doesn't mean I wouldn't bid on something unique if you ever had it up....and the price was OK.

It seems as if there is always another villian of the week seller associated with ebay or otherwise. For me the BIN amounts you set your auctions with is your choice. If anyone buys them that is up to them. But your user name definitely contributes to the latest villain honor.  :lol:

Did you sell or buy before creating that user name? Seems like your experiences previously lent itself to making it that way.

"before chuck even gets in the room, you can feel the bad-ness." -Al

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 3:05 pm 

creepydealer wrote:Brian, you've the wrong evaluation. I didn't by any stretch of words say anything derogutory about 90% of my market. Number 1, 90% is number you have used without any data to support that 90% of RPG buyers are here, I'm sure the most intelligent have better things to do with their time than waste it as chidlren like you and I have. Number 2 YOU Brian, are the number one person I have decided to attack ... this for your rude, aggressive behavior. As I recall, you couldn't take it when the egg was thrown back, and resorted to FU's.

So, now I resorted to FUs huh, lying again are we? :lol: Here is a link to thread and maybe you might want to read it again:

creep ? • Collecting General •  The Acaeum

The posts as much as you want them to DO NOT LIE. :wink:

As far as all the big time collectors out there go, doesnt seem that they visit EBay very much and looking at your sales history, if they do, there not shopping in your store. :lol:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 3:06 pm 

Oh Scott, where are you? :lol:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 3:20 pm 

ya know, i cant even be bothered commenting really.

creep: if youre happy with what your doing, then cool, go for it chummer.

doesnt mean everyone else has to agree with you or be happy about how you go about it.

capitalists and collectors never mix and they will always stand at each end of the spectrum.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 3:31 pm 

I do have a store Adam. I rely upon watching other sales, as well as what I would be willing to pay for something as a collector myself. This is important to me, because everyting is worth what a ready, willing, and able buyer wil pay for an item. While you may not pay for aomething, someone else may. I would refer to the Q1 currently on auction, last I saw approaching $90. Another member here is in fact one of the bidders, outbid above $80. The Treasure hunt, preparing to close above $100. I personally sold 3 copies of Dawn of the Emporors in the last month for $90 each. I've sold many Gaz series on Ebay and off $80 and up. Much higher valuation than many thought possible. I didn't drag these people in and hold a gun to their head Brian. None of these sales are doing that. Anyone who cannot see the market trend is simply closing their eyes to it. Unfortunately, I think some people don't want the market to grow, don't want the values to increase. Thats nuts. This trend shows the strength of the gaming market, and of the D&D brand name. Any serious business person in the business would be a foll not to capitalize on it. I will continue to do just that.

Ignoring pessimists who continue to say "how could that sell for that ?" I continue to take advantage of the strengthening, escalating, very valuable D&D collectibles market. Its been a long time coming, Where it wil stop, nobody knows.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 3:37 pm 

creepydealer wrote:I do have a store Adam. I rely upon watching other sales, as well as what I would be willing to pay for something as a collector myself. This is important to me, because everyting is worth what a ready, willing, and able buyer wil pay for an item. While you may not pay for aomething, someone else may. I would refer to the Q1 currently on auction, last I saw approaching $90. Another member here is in fact one of the bidders, outbid above $80. The Treasure hunt, preparing to close above $100. I personally sold 3 copies of Dawn of the Emporors in the last month for $90 each. I've sold many Gaz series on Ebay and off $80 and up. Much higher valuation than many thought possible. I didn't drag these people in and hold a gun to their head Brian. None of these sales are doing that. Anyone who cannot see the market trend is simply closing their eyes to it. Unfortunately, I think some people don't want the market to grow, don't want the values to increase. Thats nuts. This trend shows the strength of the gaming market, and of the D&D brand name. Any serious business person in the business would be a foll not to capitalize on it. I will continue to do just that.

Hmmm, I cant seem to find neither my imaginary FUs nor can I seem to find the 3 Dawn of the Empororers sets that you claim to have sold in the last month. Might you provide us with a link to those auctions or are they hanging out with the imaginary FUs?

For reference here is the only won listed in your store and that has be hanging around for at least over 15 days now with an amazing 6 views:

D D AD D GAZETTEER DAWN OF THE EMPERORS SET S W | eBay

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 3:43 pm 

And FWIW, I have stated this before, but I will state it again, I have just about 2 of everyting that you are selling and a lot more stuff that you do not have. If the market does increase like you are claim it should and will, I have everything to gain and nothing to lose. I just seem to have a problem with people trying to distort the market for their own gain. I dont think that some individual with dreams of world RPG domination should decide where the market goes, I think that the buyers should :)

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 3:58 pm 

creepydealer wrote:
Sure, there are alot of people here who game and collect. But the BEST collectors are not here. The collectors who have the MOST money to spend, do not have time for this forum. They are to busy making money ! And the day will come, I will join this elite bunch. And its thousands more than are members here.

When I no longer post, you'll know why ! And its thousands more than are members here. ;)

that sounds great...

I wish you good time with the BEST collectors, the collectors who have the MOST money to spend. The elite bunch...  :wink:  

I feel free to enjoy sharing time with casual guys, no matter if they are not rich, or haven't yet a mercedes, or all the SW rares...

Thank you for your very constructive contribution and au revoir.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:05 pm 

bclarkie wrote:For reference here is the only won listed in your store and that has be hanging around for at least over 15 days now with an amazing 6 views:

D D AD D GAZETTEER DAWN OF THE EMPERORS SET S W | eBay

To be fair Brian, if the amount of views of an auction dictates how popular an item is then here:

Coprolite dinosaur dino pooh poop dung lapidary rough | eBay

106 views in less than 7 days for a pile of petrified dinosaur crap.  8O

I think it is pointless to argue with this person.  Our opinion is that his "valuation" of these items is ridiculous.  It is what it is....our opinion.  Everyone here has every right to discuss any sellers' tactics if they want.  If creep wants to come on this forum and try to argue the point, it is his option to do so.  We dont have to listen.  At some point, the madness has to come to a screeching halt.  Take a look at comic book collecting in the 90's.  Everyone wanted multiple copies of every piece of crap gimmick comic there was because the market was booming.  The industry over-produced everything because of a bunch of stupid speculators.  Now 90% of every comic sold in that period of time is near worthless and nearly 70% of comic book dealers went out of business.  Do I think D&D collectibles will follow the same suit?  No I dont.  It is a much smaller collecting niche than comics.  But the way a lot of people are reselling now who knows what might happen to prices.  Just my 2 cents but dealers like cougarrinard and others with certain selling tactics just may become extinct simply because they have alienated the buyers.  But if people keep paying ridiculous prices for common items then this is a trend that may continue for a long time.

If so I may start collecting dinosaur shit.  It is definitely cheaper.  :wink:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:44 pm 

Collecting dried up shit from old dead dinosaurs....you are on the wrong thread, pal, you must be referring to the Titan Games issue... :lol:  :lol:  :lol: OK- if I get my peepee slapped by the mods for that I guess I have it coming....Ok back to you, creepydiddler.....

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:47 pm 

creepydealer wrote:Although your very own forum friends elect to post trashy statements in any thread they feel fit ...

It's always interesting when those who claim the moral high ground eventually show their true colors. Here's some bright-red text from one of this idiot's bigger eBay auctions (it appears to be in a form of English, although it's often difficult to tell ...); now, if I didn't know better, I'd say this is a "trashy statement" that just happens to be posted in the world's most public marketplace:

"Just added for especially dense persons who at aceum.com publicly insinuated that I was selling something fake. WRONG. I have NEVER sold anything less than authentic, and would never. The picture is discolored, the Chainmail picture is added to show this to anyone interested. If I absolutely know you to be the particular accusers of me selling something less than authentic, forget this auction or any other I post, I WON'T SELL IT TO YOU"

It's from this auction:

AD D D D ORIGINAL Dungeons and Dragons COLLECTION | eBay

(and, BTW, you spelled "Acaeum" wrong).

+++++

This is just another re-seller pissing contest, and is about as interesting as any of the others we've had to endure. It seems obvious that the constant cries of "my collection is the biggest!" or "my sales are wicked awesome!" are just pathetic cries for help from individuals whose lives are otherwise devoid of any meaning.

We respond to these morons at our own peril; it just gives them they attention they so desperately crave.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:50 pm 

i think you will generally find that "most" ppl will not actually spend so much money on 1 particular item. you will have a very small core of ppl who will do that and not every item will go for that price.

but a capitalist will always hold to his morals and thats ok.

a collector on the other hand, views the scene with a totally different view and will only shell out the reddies on a very individual item out there. and if one of them came up, then mr C would also be competing against the same peeps to get it. and lets be honest, there are a core of ppl who will want one such item outright and imo mr c wouldnt get anywhere near it. their view is its for their collection and not to sell, so whatever they pay is worth it to them. they will not be that bothered about its reselling margin, cos that avenue is irrelevant.

but to each their own.

my issue is selling an item and saying its rare, when it isnt anywhere close.  but taking advantage of ppl like that will eventually back you into a corner and then youre in trouble.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:57 pm 

FWIW I asked DH what issue of Chainmail he was selling. It appeared to be a spiral bound Gidion, but he never bothered to reply. It looks like I really got under his skin though. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

We could have the makings of another MaxiPad here. :D

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Next