Daystar West Pharaoh Contest!
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:43 pm 

I say tfm. Doesnt Jeff already have one? Being that David has already eliminated himself, but he was already one too.  :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:45 pm 

bclarkie wrote:I say tfm. Doesnt Jeff already have one? Being that David has already eliminated himself, but he was already one too. :wink:

I'm guessing someone new we've never even heard of.  Lots of bidders come out of the woodwork during the holidays.  And I'm betting 5+ last-minute snipes.

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:48 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:I say tfm. Doesnt Jeff already have one? Being that David has already eliminated himself, but he was already one too. :wink:

I'm guessing someone new we've never even heard of. Lots of bidders come out of the woodwork during the holidays. And I'm betting 5+ last-minute snipes.

Okay, I am changing my vote, I say.....deimos3428. :P {j/k}

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:51 pm 

For "was", read "has"? Afaik... :D

Nah, no copy here; but am not keen on that price, nor how that's going to translate as a grade on http://www.acaeum.com/DDIndexes/ModPages/Desert.html , as discussed.

$800 for a NM Daystar Rahasia was somewhat better vfm, IMO, even if that carved a large chunk in my so-called "budget".

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:54 pm 

harami2000 wrote:

For "was", read "has"? Afaik... :D

Nah, no copy here; but am not keen on that price, nor how that's going to translate as a grade on http://www.acaeum.com/DDIndexes/ModPages/Desert.html , as discussed.

$800 for a NM Daystar Rahasia was somewhat better vfm, IMO, even if that carved a large chunk in my so-called "budget".

Sorry. :oops:  I am actually a lot smarter than my typing skills would seem to indicate.....seriously. :oops:

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:04 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Sorry. :oops: I am actually a lot smarter than my typing skills would seem to indicate.....seriously. :oops:

Would've solved my budgetary issues and afterlife-insurance policy, though... Image

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:33 pm 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

5 minutes and counting........... :o

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:41 pm 

US $708.89

Winner of auction, a2jeff. :)

Winner of contest, jagd.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:43 pm 

jagd wrote:$713

And if I am not mistaken, here is our winner of the contest. But if he doesnt claim his prize by let's say tomorrow, I'm the next closest at $740. Sound cool??? :wink:

Jeez, bclarkie.  Do you live here?  Beat me to the post by about 3 seconds.  :D

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:47 pm 

KingOfPain wrote:Jeez, bclarkie. Do you live here? Beat me to the post by about 3 seconds. :D

He does, btw. :P

Only one (visible) bid in the last six days of the auction; http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 8732370812

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:49 pm 

:D

Well at least I got something right

Now if only I could persuade my wife of that.....

:wink:

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:51 pm 

jagd wrote::D

Well at least I got something right

*g*. Congrats!

Just as well it didn't stick at $610. :)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:01 pm 

harami2000 wrote:
KingOfPain wrote:Jeez, bclarkie. Do you live here? Beat me to the post by about 3 seconds. :D

He does, btw. :P

C'mon now, I dont live here.  I actually live on EBay, I just hang out here. :P

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:10 pm 

bclarkie wrote:C'mon now, I dont live here. I actually live on EBay, I just hang out here. :P

*is corrected*

Heh; even if not last night, phps? ;)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:12 pm 

harami2000 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:C'mon now, I dont live here. I actually live on EBay, I just hang out here. :P

*is corrected*

Heh; even if not last night, phps? ;)

Sorry again. :oops:  I am going to make it up though, on that other thing. :)

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:19 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Sorry again. :oops: I am going to make it up though, on that other thing. :)

s'OK. Wouldn't have minded too much if an unknown bidder had won that sale at $100+, but for you-know-who to have picked up the auction at a ~$15 discount to the standard item was a bit of a blow!

However, is good to know you do have other places to be... sometimes Image

Still not sure 'bout that other one, btw. Too many questions to ask, so might be better to try lowballing that yourself? :?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:49 pm 

harami2000 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:Sorry again. :oops: I am going to make it up though, on that other thing. :)

s'OK. Wouldn't have minded too much if an unknown bidder had won that sale at $100+, but for you-know-who to have picked up the auction at a ~$15 discount to the standard item was a bit of a blow!

However, is good to know you do have other places to be... sometimes [ Image ]

Still not sure 'bout that other one, btw. Too many questions to ask, so might be better to try lowballing that yourself? :?

If you dont want it D, I am not going to do it.  Let me know for sure.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:27 pm 

Who came in second?

Just home from a Christmas party, after having had a bit more than I'm good for, so can't be bothered to scroll through the details just now.  

Jagd, PM me your postal address, and I'll get that little box of goodness shipped off to you right away.

Congrats!

-Stephen

P.S.  What the HELL?  I thought it would go for a good bit more...but, what do I know?

P.P.S.  Someone called the winner, didn't they?  Maybe I'll send them a little bit of sunshine as well.  Just as an afterthought.

PreviousNext