Time for an early Christmas present
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:55 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:Thanks James. That's pretty much what I thought, but is that actually in the boxed set rules anywhere? I couldn't find it on short notice during my ad hoc roleplaying session a few weeks back, so I was forced to wing it (and hope for obvious high/low rolls).

Pages 27 and 28. It's not spelled out, unfortunately, you have to glean the whole process from various definitions and examples...

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:31 pm 

afoolandhis$ wrote:Okay, I'm going to give away my Castles & Crusades Collector's Box set. For those of you who haven't seen it, check out the link:

http://www.trolllord.com/box.htm

It's in new condition, read but never used. The dice are still in the little baggy. It's a really cool set, as some here have already written. Highly reminiscent of the OD&D whitey.

Inside the U.S., I'll ship it for free. Outside the U.S., I might have to ask you to help with shipping, or cover it entirely.

How shall we decide who gets it? I want to give it to someone who will use it, or at least read it and keep it. I don't want to give it to someone who just wants to sell it.

-Stephen

I read just about everything I actually decide to get my hands on.

I've been trying to decide on this one.  If you sent it to me, I'd read it.  If you autographed it, I'd keep it.  With two exceptions, going into the auction Paul is about to start for me, I've kept everything that I've gotten that was autographed.

Regards,

Stephen

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:27 pm 

Surprisingly enough, we have the perfect chance for a contest for this item. :P We should base it on BTB Pharoah auction:

viewtopic.php?p=38965#38965

I think that we should have a contest to see who gets closed to the actual bid, just like the last OB3 auction. The closest to the actual final bid should get the C&C Box Set.    Any thoughts?

BTW, please do not let this discourage any other possible bets to take place on this particular auction either. :twisted:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:39 pm 

I've been looking for my Christmas present. :D

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:44 pm 

bclarkie wrote:I think that we should have a contest to see who gets closed to the actual bid, just like the last OB3 auction. The closest to the actual final bid should get the C&C Box Set.  Any thoughts?

I don't know if that's fair -- the closest to the actual final bid should get the Pharoah, assuming they pay up...  :lol:

YIM  

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:55 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Surprisingly enough, we have the perfect chance for a contest for this item. :P We should base it on BTB Pharoah auction:

viewtopic.php?p=38965#38965

I think that we should have a contest to see who gets closed to the actual bid, just like the last OB3 auction. The closest to the actual final bid should get the C&C Box Set.  Any thoughts?

BTW, please do not let this discourage any other possible bets to take place on this particular auction either. :twisted:

I like it.  Let's do it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:30 pm 

Are auction participants excluded?

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:50 pm 

Deadlord36 wrote:Are auction participants excluded?

Right.  We need to take that into consideration.  How about if we say you have to vote before you place your bid.  Moreover, let's say we'll close the voting Sunday evening, well ahead of the end of the auction.

What does everyone think of that?  Fair enough?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:55 pm 

afoolandhis$ wrote:

Right. We need to take that into consideration. How about if we say you have to vote before you place your bid. Moreover, let's say we'll close the voting Sunday evening, well ahead of the end of the auction.

What does everyone think of that? Fair enough?

Works for me. :)  

Anyone else want to put something up or should we just vie for the box set?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:27 am 

Sounds fair, I'm in.

Let the games begin ;)

"Always looking for that boxed set feeling"

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:26 am 

bclarkie wrote:
afoolandhis$ wrote:

Right. We need to take that into consideration. How about if we say you have to vote before you place your bid. Moreover, let's say we'll close the voting Sunday evening, well ahead of the end of the auction.

What does everyone think of that? Fair enough?

Works for me. :)

Anyone else want to put something up or should we just vie for the box set?

i've lost track of whats happening now :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Previous