oh for pity's sake! Outdoor Geos and stratospheric prices
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:06 am 

For those who wanted to see what Greyhawk looked like (at least as far as present scholars think), this is the sketch from the fabled missing Greyhawk data.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:40 am 

bclarkie wrote:
Badmike wrote:
I just loaded my .38 for a little "SW Roulette" here reading that....I let my SW Q1 go for something like a $30 BIN last year.....gulp. Guess I better get back here and start paying attention more often. If you grind up these modules with the SW still on and snort the dust, does it add inches to your manhood or something?

Mike B.

It is actually only as couple of bidders causing the outrageous prices on SW stuff right now. One is a European bidder named fondin, and the other is a Candian bidder with the name of empoweredguy. Empoweredguy refuses to get outbid regardless of the auction total. At the exact same time this guy is winning a SW Q1 for $192, David<harami2000> is winning a SS OCE set for like ~$150. Go figure. :? I mean he is a good buyer(he bought some from me about a month or so ago), he pays right away with no problems or hassels, but he just doesnt understand the concept of it being okay to be outbid every once in awhile because there will be other.

I think the SW OCE ended up at $184 or something like that did it not? I wondered why empoweredguy was not bidding on the OCE at the time myself. He alone has made me want to pull out anything 1E I might have in SW and throw it on ebay  :lol:

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:48 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:For those who wanted to see what Greyhawk looked like (at least as far as present scholars think), this is the sketch from the fabled missing Greyhawk data.

It's not much to look at, eh? :)

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:53 pm 

grodog wrote:
mbassoc2003 wrote:For those who wanted to see what Greyhawk looked like (at least as far as present scholars think), this is the sketch from the fabled missing Greyhawk data.

I think it's pretty amazing that the residents of Greyhawk have clearly mastered pre-fab housing...  :lol:

YIM  

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:57 pm 

grodog wrote:

I'm guessing it won't make the the top 3 visuals thread... :)

On the other hand, it's about the same quality as many of the sketches in the OD&D booklets.

I like the sun rising (setting?) over the city...fits well with the orange color.

Was that sketch drawn by Gygax himself?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:19 pm 

Well I thought the Millennium Dome was pretty forward thinking for it's time. 8O

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:58 pm 

I think it may have been drawn by Gary, although stylistically it looks more like DCSIII; perhaps it could be Brian Blume, who's B2 signature can be seen on the Outdoor Geos themselves?

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:54 pm 

Anyone here ever put in a really really high snipe on something because you are going out of town for a week with no internet access, then come back and realize it wasnt high enough?  :oops:

Ok, now that the crack induced fever has faded, I will add that it was a second print. You know, the one I dont have.......

On a side note, I have a cut up 3rd print if anyone is interested  :lol:

Mike

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:01 pm 

chromaticknight wrote:Anyone here ever put in a really really high snipe on something because you are going out of town for a week with no internet access, then come back and realize it wasnt high enough? :oops:

No idea what you're talking about Mike :D

Ok, now that the crack induced fever has faded, I will add that it was a second print. You know, the one I dont have.......

Fear not, my 2nd printing will be for sale soon-ish!

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:11 pm 

8O

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:13 pm 

chromaticknight wrote:8O

Aw, C'mon dammit, I want at least 1 set, I dont care about the printing. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Previous