Titan Games Rares
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:26 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:
I totally agree, speak with your wallet or lack there of.

J

lol yeah :)

thats the view i have taken now and have taken for a fair while now (ie most of this year)

ah well :)

Alan

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:51 pm 

To me the problem is that I am not sure that TG understands the nature of this site. From what I see, the people here are of a very sharing nature - they frequently bring everyone's attention to items that could be won for less had they said nothing- and there is a really unique sense of community here. Now, I am not some hippy-dippy let's all go live in a tree type of dude from Canada ( I am more of a hippy-dippy let's save the trees first and then go live in them type of dude) but TG is out to make a buck and it is obvious that is the objective. He is scoring off your nostalgia, which is the main force behind this site, and as such I do not believe he/she/it is respectful by sticking his ads in here. We KNOW where to find him; we are pros at snooping out D&D sites- it's what we do! He is only making himself look bad with his attempts at concern and respectful listening. Take your ads elsewhere- if we want you we will call.

As far as grading goes- that Q1  is SHAMEFUL!  TG cannot expect anyone here to take him seriously with a piece of bonafide 100% grade A  and definitely XF RARE! L@@K! horseshit like that.  

Then again...as far as I am concerned, beauty is in the eye of the head that is up the ass of the beholder....

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:57 pm 

If our friend is ignorant of the nature of this site, then I would bet he is ignorant of the amount of money this site's participants have. We are not your average hobby buyers of . We do not spend small proportions of our income on D&D.

If Old Sad Hole is ignorant, that would explain his previous responses. Maybe he should reply by saying, 'we screw foriegn buyers 'cos we can, and we lie about the quality of our product because we know there's fuck all you can do about it.' At least then he will be being honest.

I would bet that we don't get a response to those two simple questions.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:22 pm 

Lucky for me I am not a betting man....I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, but once it's on, it is on....I have a core belief that everyone deserves a fair shake, but maybe TG 's fair shake involves both your  hands wrapped around his neck.... :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

Thanks again Ian!

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:28 pm 

RWilson wrote:Then again...as far as I am concerned, beauty is in the eye of the head that is up the ass of the beholder....

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  I have to remember to use that one someday.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:28 pm 

RWilson wrote:Lucky for me I am not a betting man....I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, but once it's on, it is on....I have a core belief that everyone deserves a fair shake, but maybe TG 's fair shake involves both your hands wrapped around his neck.... :evil: :evil: :evil:

Thanks again Ian!

I get the impression our friend is quite proficeint at shaking himself.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:32 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
I get the impression our friend is quite proficeint at shaking himself.

makes a mental note not to get on the wrong side of ian :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:42 pm 

I believe this has gone past the point where careful, reasoned replies will do any good. There are those of you who will believe what you want to believe regardless of any information to the contrary, so further conversation is pointless.

Now I shall retire (by chauffeured limousine, of course) to my magnificent forty-room mansion, and prepare for my usual Wednesday twelve course dinner, served by my attentive staff. Ah, the life of a second hand gaming items dealer... How the money rolls in...

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:49 pm 

EDITED

+++++

Titan Games and Tonya's Ass Swap Wipe Shop are the biggest joke in D&D collecting. I am sincerely sorry for ever bothering to defend them. And by using cancer patients as an excuse for her own shortcomings — of which there are many — Tonya has reserved herself a special place in hell.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:53 pm 

Old_Sardul wrote:I believe this has gone past the point where careful, reasoned replies will do any good. There are those of you who will believe what you want to believe regardless of any information to the contrary, so further conversation is pointless.

Now I shall retire (by chauffeured limousine, of course) to my magnificent forty-room mansion, and prepare for my usual Wednesday twelve course dinner, served by my attentive staff. Ah, the life of a second hand gaming items dealer... How the money rolls in...

errrrrr ok.

i am quite happy to sit here and listen to some "careful, reasoned replies", but none have arrived as yet?

would still love to know how you can justify mailing one sheet of paper to the UK for $23 though. that i have GOT to hear!

so please explain away - some ppl actually are interested in knowing.

Alan

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:55 pm 

I agree with Duke. :)  I can understand some frustration and in some circumstances even a lot of frustration with the selling practices of TG, but this seems to have gone far beyond that point. :?  Really no need to flame the hell out of the guy. The thing that used to make this site so great was its treatment of newcomers and its true sense of community.   As far as unsolicited posts go, Scott will have to confirm this for sure, but looking at the contributors portion of the site it appears that he has made a contribution at least so that if anything should give him a little leeway.  With that being said, there are defintely some good and  valid points that should be addressed, but lets ease up on the guy a little and relax the flames. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:04 pm 

EDITED

+++++

Titan Games and Tonya's Ass Swap Wipe Shop are the biggest joke in D&D collecting. I am sincerely sorry for ever bothering to defend them. And by using cancer patients as an excuse for her own shortcomings — of which there are many — Tonya has reserved herself a special place in hell.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:08 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:It's a strange day when I defend Titan (a group I ceased doing business with some time ago), but the level of venom here is totally undeserved.

Sardul has logged on and written some perfectly polite posts, but he's not stupid: once he realizes that no matter what he writes he's going to be mocked, he will cease making himself such a target. And remember, he didn't have to post anything at all: Foul made it very clear that Titan's updates in the classifieds threads were acceptable and could continue forever.

And how do some of the High Priests of the Acaeum community respond? With name-calling, embarrasing self-righteous indignation, and a general "hey! open season on Sardul!" attitude. C'mon, guys, time to to grow up. This isn't Max or JonB we're dealing with; we should be able to have a debate or a disagreement without resorting to grade-school shit.

There is a lot of anger lately at this site. Take any given thread from the last two months and scan through the posts: the level of sarcasm, backbiting, and outright anger you'll find is simply stunning (I wonder when talking about a tiny niche of a niche hobby became so hazardous, but I'll save that thought for another day).

In the case of Titan, though, this anger is being misdirected. Don't like high shipping charges or someone posting a too-long list? Fine. But don't blast a guy who is trying to be reasonable and who didn't even have to respond in the first place. Exercise the one power you have as a consumer: vote with your wallet.

+++++

So as to end on a more constructive note, I have a thought for any Titan folks who might read this. For purposes of this particular forum (which barely recognizes the existence of 2e, let alone 3e), take your "full" list, do a save-as, and just keep anything printed in 1990 or before as a new list for posting here. Also, as Deimos said, feel free to join in on other threads here from time to time. This will help us get to know you better.

Ditto. :evil:

Obviously a lot of you are angry at the way the vendor has operated in the past, and from what I hear I can't blame you, but name-calling, accusations and finger-pointing is hardly an effective way to invoke change. :roll:

As we had a representative of Titan Games actually reading the thread, I tried to start a dialogue with him so that your concerns could be met.  

That opportunity has now clearly been missed.  I'm a little embarrassed, a little surprised, and a lot annoyed.  Come on guys, you're better than that.

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:14 pm 

well just so you know (and i hope you know this?), that i am not flaming anybody here.

some points have been raised and i am very interested in what TG have got to say about it.

i am a reasonable guy (i am honestly!) and am quite prepared to listen.

but the problem you have, is that if someone doesnt tell the truth, the reaction against it will be of a similar vein no?

i'm practical. if you show me justification, then i will give it the benefit of the doubt.

anyway, hopefully that explains my stance here... i'm not angry at TG - not in the slightest, even with the issues i do have with them, but i have more important issues in my life than keeping them live. as DL said earlier...if you dont like it, dont get things from them....thats how i am now and thats that. if i have come across as something unreasonable or even insulting, then i am sorry as that was not my intention.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:31 pm 

I asked two simple questions. I admit that maybe I used too many words in the beginning and I had to go back and ask them again in bold. But all we keep getting is bullshit. Where is this reasoned response? Where is there any response at all other than slimey sidestepping? The only thing that gets me angry is the bullshit we're being fed.

So let's open up the questions to anyone here who has a 'reasoned response'....

1. Please explain how it costs $33 in shipping charges, to move 2 basic modules from your business to a UK customer.

2. Please explain what 'very fine condition' means to Titan Games.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:39 pm 

I hate the taste of bullshit in the morning....or any time of day for that matter, but I do apologize to the mods and anyone else here who may have felt offended at my posts. I don't like how TG does bidness and that is all I have to say, I will leave it at that, and my personal distaste I will confine to confession on Sundays....if I can find the box, that is, I tend to trip on my way into church and bang my head on the pews, hence the number of black eyes I have had lately.... :P  :P  :P

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:42 pm 

Damn, hate that double posting thing...just when I had reached the zenith of my eloquence, no less...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:43 pm 

RWilson wrote:Damn, hate that double posting thing...just when I had reached the zenith of my eloquence, no less...

There is a delete cross next to 'edit' in your post if you've just posted it.

PreviousNext