Titan Games Rares
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:28 pm 

I know I don't have a lot of experience, especially outside of D&D. For this reason, I'd be most grateful if someone could point out the plenty of rares this week at Titan Games.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:26 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:I know I don't have a lot of experience, especially outside of D&D. For this reason, I'd be most grateful if someone could point out the plenty of rares this week at Titan Games.

ya know i was just thinking the same thing after i went down that list.

did you see the scuffed B1-9 for $85 :D

deary deary me :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:39 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:ya know i was just thinking the same thing after i went down that list.

did you see the scuffed B1-9 for $85 :D

deary deary me :)

Al

Yes but he will buy this rare gem for $5 or $6 as a favour to you.

J

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:56 pm 

wow J as much as that? :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:17 pm 

So it's not just me that can't figure out what he's on about? I didn't want to be presumptious and accuse him outright or being FOS.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:33 pm 

What? It is pretty rare to find someone dumb enough to buy a scuffed up B1-9 for $85.00. :) If you are looking for a real bargin you could always shoot a little higher and get yourself a Very Fine condition Q1 with heavy scuffing & wear, as well as electrical tape to support the binding:

http://cgi.ebay.com/TSR-9035-Q1-Queen-o ... dZViewItem

Oh, and did I forget to metion that there is writing in pen in it too :roll:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:00 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:I know I don't have a lot of experience, especially outside of D&D. For this reason, I'd be most grateful if someone could point out the plenty of rares this week at Titan Games.

Well, let's be fair here.  For most people, M&TA:2 is in the "sorta rare" category -- too bad it's punched.  At $2.99 you can't go wrong, but I wouldn't get in a bidding war over it, that's for sure.  

http://cgi.ebay.ca/TSR-9012-Monster-Tre ... dZViewItem

Their reputation aside, I am hesistant to buy from someone that uses Acaeum strictly as free advertising space, though.  If they posted even a moderately interesting comment on the board (even if they liked d20!) I'd be more likely to bid on some of their stuff, but that just irks me.

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:24 pm 

I think its about time we had cougar posting his weekly lists on Acaeum. At least he doesn't screw his buyers over, jack up the shipping costs just for proffit or lie about the quality of his product. And from experience, if you're not happy he'll give you your money back.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:38 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:I think its about time we had cougar posting his weekly lists on Acaeum. At least he doesn't screw his buyers over, jack up the shipping costs just for proffit or lie about the quality of his product. And from experience, if you're not happy he'll give you your money back.

Really no reason to get hostile. :?  TBH, I dont even think deimos fully caught that your post was about Titan's forum classified ad, I think he was thinking that you meant in general. Realistically, for the most part I don't think that there is really anyone here that will buy from either of them. I know that Al gets along with Cougar perfectly, which is understandable because Al gets along with just about everybody, he is just a good guy. :) I personally have dealt with both Cougar & Titan in the past and neither of them caused me any substanitial problems at all. I, like most everyone else though, refuse to deal with either of them because of the big time baggage the both bring to the table.  :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:06 pm 

I have had a bad experience with Titan guys so I would never buy anything from him again.  He had an auction up with a buy-it-now price.  I wanted to know what the cost of shipping would be to Canada before I bought it now.  The first time, I got some generic answer about shipping policy but no real answer on the cost.  I emailed him a second time again with the auction number for a quote on that specific item.  The quote he sent was the same as it would cost to send it to the UK, France, Spain, etc.  I asked why it was so much to Canada and was told that "of course he doesn't make any money on shipping" and that he just has an International rate.  I then looked at the auction that I was going to buy and he had relisted it and raised the price by $10 (even though it still had 25 days left in the original listing).  When I asked about the raise, he said that he initially put in the wrong price.  Loser seller if I ever found one.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:38 pm 

bclarkie wrote:I, like most everyone else though, refuse to deal with either of them because of the big time baggage the both bring to the table. :)

Too right.

Cougar is an absolute jackass whose actions and attitude speak for themselves. His treatment of eBay newbies is especially reprehensible. I don't care who he's friends with here; he can eat poo-poo and die, for all I care.

And Titan? Please ... between the "handling" charges, the stomach-turning Tonya thing, and the free advertising here at The Acaeum, they have lost my business forever.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:39 pm 

bclarkie wrote: which is understandable because Al gets along with just about everybody, he is just a good guy. :) I personally have dealt with both Cougar & Titan in the past and neither of them caused me any substanitial problems at all. I, like most everyone else though, refuse to deal with either of them because of the big time baggage the both bring to the table. :)

i get along with anyone, til i have a reason not to :D

nah seriously, it costs nothing to be nice and most situations can be easily resolved if you want them to be.

i asked titan about the shipping cost for judges guild Journal #1, which is like um 1 page? airmail to UK $23. i mean wtf is that all about  :?  from that moment i will never go near them again.

tonya i have similar issues - got some stuff waaaay back, but since then, i dont like their handling charges, so i steer clear...simple as that.

shame really, but there ya go.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:45 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:airmail to UK $23.

Oh, man ... if I didn't know better, I'd think you were making that one up. :)

I don't ship overseas that often, so correct me if I'm wrong ... but couldn't a single sheet of paper go into a Global Priority envelope for something like $9?

As if we needed more ammunition to fire away at Titan ...

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:57 pm 

I don't ship overseas that often, so correct me if I'm wrong ... but couldn't a single sheet of paper go into a Global Priority envelope for something like $9?

Even sicker. 1 page, fully protected from damage weighing four ounces would cost 3.20$ from US --> UK.

I've tried to get a quote once from Tonya. My guess she must have been at college the whole week, since I never got a reply. Good thing though, hearing all this.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:14 pm 

Titan: 1 module - 4 lbs shipping to Canada $25  :? I know when I ain't wanted.  :lol:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:34 am 

Titan: 2 modules $6 - Airmail Letter Post 6 lbs to UK $33 - GFY Tight Ass Games!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 5:55 am 

Xaxaxe wrote:

oh believe me thats the honest truth. they were asking top notch price for it at the time too, $19.99 plus $23 shipping, $42.99 for one sheet of paper....er no thanks.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:03 am 

killjoy32 wrote:
Xaxaxe wrote:

oh believe me thats the honest truth. they were asking top notch price for it at the time too, $19.99 plus $23 shipping, $42.99 for one sheet of paper....er no thanks.

Al

Would that be JGJ#1?

Next