OD&D and AD&D online gaming resources
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Author


Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5611
Joined: Nov 16, 2002
Last Visit: Jan 18, 2021
Location: Wichita, KS, USA

Post Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:51 am 
 

I thought it might be useful to begin a thread where we can collect those online resources that are useful for playing OD&D and AD&D games.  I know that not everyone plays anymore, but some of us do still play, and others are still interested in talking about the game in play.  

So, without futher ado, here's are some of the OD&D and AD&D resources that I find most useful:



What other online resources do you folks like and use?


Allan Grohe (g[email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

 WWW  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 137
Joined: Apr 23, 2005
Last Visit: Dec 18, 2014
Location: Edmond, OK

Post Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:04 am 
 

Hey Allan, Thanks for taking the time to post these. I will hop in and have a look at them when I get some time.


John


"Everyone is entitled to Al's opinion."

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 232
Joined: Nov 16, 2004
Last Visit: Oct 30, 2017

Post Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:08 am 
 

8O Gee thanks, Allan... :roll:

:wink:

EDIT: I just want to mention I was digging at Allan a little there; no offense was taken (and none was meant on my part).

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 149
Joined: Mar 20, 2004
Last Visit: Mar 28, 2020
Location: The Frozen Wastes of the North

Post Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:28 am 
 

Indeed, there are quite a few DF regulars who make their way over to the Acaeum.

The Egg


PrimEvil Studios provides quality miniature painting at very reasonable prices.

 WWW  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Dec 25, 2019

Post Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:29 am 
 

DungeonDelver wrote:8O Gee thanks, Allan... :roll:

:wink:


Egg of Coot wrote:Indeed, there are quite a few DF regulars who make their way over to the Acaeum.

The Egg


What you DF guys dont like us over here or something? :twisted: :P


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Verbose Collector

Posts: 1649
Joined: Sep 03, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 05, 2021
Location: Portown

Post Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:17 pm 
 

I like the following:

Enworld Q&A thread with Gary Gygax:
http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t ... e=54&pp=40

Pied Piper Publishing; Rob Kuntz's website:
http://pub175.ezboard.com/bpiedpiperpublishing

Star Frontiers.com:
http://www.starfrontiers.com/

 WWW  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 232
Joined: Nov 16, 2004
Last Visit: Oct 30, 2017

Post Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:08 pm 
 

bclarkie wrote:
DungeonDelver wrote:8O Gee thanks, Allan... :roll:

:wink:


Egg of Coot wrote:Indeed, there are quite a few DF regulars who make their way over to the Acaeum.

The Egg


What you DF guys dont like us over here or something? :twisted: :P


Hell no - you guys are the bizzomb.  Y'all helped me with the ancient DMG I found, plus LET ME SING THE PRAISES OF HARAMI2000!

I needed a Sup. 1 Greyhawk and danged if he didn't track down one in PRISTINE condition.  God this thing is gorgeous.

THANK YOU HARAMI!

Here's one DF'er who feels the luv for Acaeum! :D

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 4744
Joined: Oct 31, 2004
Last Visit: Jan 17, 2021
Location: Garland, TX

Post Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:24 pm 
 

grodog wrote:What other online resources do you folks like and use?


I'm surprised you didnt toot your own horn Allan.   :wink:  I knew about your website and Canonfire! before ever finding The Acaeum.  Greyhawk is still the end-all-be-all of why I played AD&D in the first place.  The OerthJournal is also one of my favorites.  There is so much great reference and historical information on all these websites.

http://www.canonfire.com/cfhtml/
http://www.greyhawkonline.com/grodog/greyhawk.html
http://oerthjournal.com/

  


Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5611
Joined: Nov 16, 2002
Last Visit: Jan 18, 2021
Location: Wichita, KS, USA

Post Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:29 am 
 

KingOfPain wrote:
grodog wrote:What other online resources do you folks like and use?




I'm surprised you didnt toot your own horn Allan.  :wink: I knew about your website and Canonfire! before ever finding The Acaeum. Greyhawk is still the end-all-be-all of why I played AD&D in the first place. The OerthJournal is also one of my favorites. There is so much great reference and historical information on all these websites.



http://www.canonfire.com/cfhtml/

http://www.greyhawkonline.com/grodog/greyhawk.html

http://oerthjournal.com/




Thanks for the plugs, KingOfPain :D but I was thinking about non-setting specific resources:  there are certainly GH-specific sub-forums at DF, for example, but in general the site is about playing the game.  Had I been listing GH-specific resources, my site, Canonfire!, Chris Siren's, and several others would have been on my list.


Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

 WWW  
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 1 of 1