2E Rogues Gallery: Different versions?
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:42 am 

TSR9380  AD&D 2nd Edition Rogues Gallery (the one that is formated like the 2E Monstrous Compendium): Are there differend versions of this? I could have sworn that I once had one which contained a sea elven warrior named Oceanus or somehting like that. I sold that one and got another recently but no Oceanus in it!?!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:34 pm 

I don't have it in front of me at the moment, but I think Oceanus was the sea elf NPC from Sinister Secret of Salt Marsh?  Any chance that that's the one you're thinkning of?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:37 pm 

blackdougal wrote:I don't have it in front of me at the moment, but I think Oceanus was the sea elf NPC from Sinister Secret of Salt Marsh? Any chance that that's the one you're thinkning of?

Oceanus is defintely the Aquatic elf from U1 Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh. He was locked and chained up in the captains closet and was willing to join your party. :wink:  Whether or he actaully appeared in the 2nd Edition Rogues Gallery, I am not sure. I will try and dig mine out and see.(I think I have an unopened one :!: )

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:23 pm 

I recently unshrinked my 9380 Rogues Gallery and there is no Oceanus.

- "When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro."

Hunter S. Thompson (July 18, 1937 - Feb 20, 2005)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:58 pm 

Thanks guys. Actually the Oceanus I'm thinking of is from the great fan fiction Castle Greyhawk/Greyhawk Ruins romp that someone wrote and posted on  the Greytalk list some years ago. When i read that fiction I thought yeah that's the guy from the Rogues gallery loose pages. But it seems I was wrong.

So U1 is probably huh? What are his basic stats? Is he a Ftr?

Is there a difference between the 1st thru 5h printing 1E Rogues gallery and the 6th printing content-wise? Is any of them in the Monster sheet format?