Sniping
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:02 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
Adam Shultz wrote:I think they are safe. I use AuctionStealer.com. It has only failed on my a couple of times and once was for a friend. :( I probably didn't confirm the bid or something at that.

I used to use esnipe until they started charging. I am thinking there are probably a bunch more new ones.

sniping programs....bah.

old skool is the best :D

I am with KJ on this one. If I can't do it real time at my computer, too bad. It is great when you hit, and crappy when you miss. But it is fun, nevertheless.  :D

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:13 pm 

Screw old skool. I got better things to do than hover over the puter waiting for an auction to end. Besides, I have a short attention span so I could be watching TV and the auction would expire or summat. :lol:

"before chuck even gets in the room, you can feel the bad-ness." -Al

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:14 pm 

I should say I have used online programs since the explosion of Ebay in the late 90s. I dont know where else you guys cut your teeth before that with your old skool methods.  :D

"before chuck even gets in the room, you can feel the bad-ness." -Al

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:24 am 

I figure that sniping is the one edge I have.  It gives me an advantage over the noobs and a fighting chance to ambush a big dog.

Once in a while, it works...with the added advantage that I am less prone to bid up too high at the last second based upon a whim.

:?

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:23 am 

I've never bothered sniping. It's not like Ebay's going to end tomorrow so I figure if I miss out on something there'll be other times and at least I'll never pay over the odds for things...

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:55 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:
 Once in a while, it works...with the added advantage that I am less prone to bid up too high at the last second based upon a whim.

:?

That is a big reason for me to do it.  Plus, it's protection from shill bidders.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:18 am 

i snipe alot - i started using auctionsniper but they charge for every snipe and that is expensive about 2 years ago i started using bidnapper--www.bidnapper.com - they charge a flat rate--so i save a lot of $$$ by paying for a year of service at a time --having done over 100 snipes with this service i have never had a problem--i really liked auctionsniper but it costs alot more money paying by the snipe!!!

Posted: seeking arcane knowledge, will pay well for old writings,books,scrolls,alchemist cookbooks, and other odds n' ends that will aid me in furthering my pursuits!

-Thenraine the silver magus

Previous