problems with quoting??
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:10 am 

Is anyone else having problems when they try to quote a post?  When doing so, the text for the last post in the forums is appearing my my quote info, rather than the text of the post I selected.

I'm running Firefox 1.06.  Anyone else having a problem?

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:22 am 

grodog wrote:Is anyone else having problems when they try to quote a post? When doing so, the text for the last post in the forums is appearing my my quote info, rather than the text of the post I selected.

I'm running Firefox 1.06. Anyone else having a problem?

hey gro, funnily enough that was doing that to me yesterday. i just thought it was me being stupid, cos i aint that great at this quoting lark :)

Al

ps. and i dont know what firefox 1.06 is so i guess i aint using it :D

<edit> i see foul has put a msg up saying the quote button is currently broke, so there's your answer :)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:21 am 

Daimajin wrote:not the same issue at all, but last week or so when ever I tried to paste a link it would show everything I wrote except the link. Tried a reboot but it didn't worked until I came back the next day. ( using Nutscrape 7'n change )

I have the same problem periodically with Ebay links. Sometimes when surfing Ebay I can see where auctions are listed, but the link that should be there is not, but I can see the time listed, BIN, etc.  It still happens to me every so often, but it is getting better now.  I have a feling it has to with my firewall/antivirus prtection that I use through Norton and not a browser problem(I use IE).

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:05 pm 

grodog wrote:Is anyone else having problems when they try to quote a post?  When doing so, the text for the last post in the forums is appearing my my quote info, rather than the text of the post I selected.

I'm running Firefox 1.06.  Anyone else having a problem?

Yes.  I've mentioned it to Foul already and he's looking into it.  For now, I'm quoting "manually". ;)

YIM  

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:28 pm 

I have the same problem periodically with Ebay links. Sometimes when surfing Ebay I can see where auctions are listed, but the link that should be there is not, but I can see the time listed, BIN, etc.  It still happens to me every so often, but it is getting better now.  I have a feling it has to with my firewall/antivirus prtection that I use through Norton and not a browser problem(I use IE).

I think you are right, at least about the Ebay thing.  I use Norton firewall and I will sometimes get the missing links.  I disable my firewall and refresh and the links reappear.  What really irks me is what happens if I do an Ebay search that lists multiple pages.  Once I click on the link for the last page, it dumps me back to the first page instead of displaying the last one.  If I disable my firewall, it doesnt happen.  Go figure.  :x