Random Assorted Collecting Questions
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:56 pm 

Why are you guys calling the basic set the Holmes version now; did I miss something :?

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:12 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:Why are you guys calling the basic set the Holmes version now; did I miss something :?

Just my preference, I usually call them Holmes Basic, Moldvay Basic, and Mentzer Basic. I find it less confusing than "blue", "pink" or "red" (especially since the book but not the box of the Holmes set is blue, and the box but not the book of the Moldvay set is pink), or than using the years. Plus, it gives credit to the editors, who each left a distinctive mark on the sets they edited (and apparently contributed a fair amount of writing to).

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:43 pm 

zhowar1 wrote:
Blackmoor wrote:Why are you guys calling the basic set the Holmes version now; did I miss something :?

Just my preference, I usually call them Holmes Basic, Moldvay Basic, and Mentzer Basic. I find it less confusing than "blue", "pink" or "red" (especially since the book but not the box of the Holmes set is blue, and the box but not the book of the Moldvay set is pink), or than using the years. Plus, it gives credit to the editors, who each left a distinctive mark on the sets they edited (and apparently contributed a fair amount of writing to).

well hey you learn something new every day :)

i just call them "THEM" books :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Previous