When to sell your stuff
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:53 pm 

Ever thought that the prices on some items are so high right now that it would be better to sell the stuff and wait for the hype to cool down to replace your items?

I am just thinking about the prices on the shrinkwrap items lately.  They seem to be so high, is this a trend or hiccup.  I have several (maybe 30 or forty) mint shrinkwwrap mods and boxsets, getting prices in the $80.00+ range just looks to good to be true especially when I paid cover price or less for many of them.

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:26 pm 

What makes you think your items would sell for those prices though? :)

Usually if you jump on the bandwagon, bythat time the bunch of newbays that were all fighting for those few select items have already thinned out.

Its always a gamble on ebay.

Blackmoor wrote:Ever thought that the prices on some items are so high right now that it would be better to sell the stuff and wait for the hype to cool down to replace your items?

I am just thinking about the prices on the shrinkwrap items lately. They seem to be so high, is this a trend or hiccup. I have several (maybe 30 or forty) mint shrinkwwrap mods and boxsets, getting prices in the $80.00+ range just looks to good to be true especially when I paid cover price or less for many of them.

"What can I get for $10?"

"Mint Rare and Shrinkwrapped-just pick that bar of soap up for us pls, we love you long time!"

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:33 pm 

yeah am with TF on that one. it can be touchy imo....just depends if anyone will take the bite or not.

fwiw, i would watch for a few weeks and wait for a lil period when there ISNT any and then flitter a few into circulation to see if the demand is there. if they take, then maybe you have your moment?

Al

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:34 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:yeah am with TF on that one. it can be touchy imo....just depends if anyone will take the bite or not.

fwiw, i would watch for a few weeks and wait for a lil period when there ISNT any and then flitter a few into circulation to see if the demand is there. if they take, then maybe you have your moment?

Al

You guys make me nervous. :?

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:46 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:yeah am with TF on that one. it can be touchy imo....just depends if anyone will take the bite or not.

Al

You guys make me nervous. :?

hey blacky - sorry man not trying to make you nervous....i just get very pessimistic these days - every time i think "hey wow lets do this" it doesnt pan out how i thought, so i take a planned view of it and wait for my moment and then exploit it.

i did it a while back for my biz mate, selling a load of nice D&D mods from a lot he won a while back. we only sold about 1/2 of the lot (kept all the best items back) and made more money on them than the lot cost us! all i did was wait for the italians to start biting on the D&D mods and then in i went....

worked for me :)

Al