Only the old collectible stuff suffers 0%       0%  [ 0 ]
It helps collectible values increase! 4%       4%  [ 1 ]
Anyone with PDF files of copyright stuff should be shot 42%       42%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 24

Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:12 pm 

We have been discussing this in the big Taboo, lets find out what everybody thinks now

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:20 pm 

I couldn't find a straight-forward "yes" on the poll so I went with the closest option. :D

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:25 pm 

harami2000 wrote:I couldn't find a straight-forward "yes" on the poll so I went with the closest option. :D

Correct yes is the 5th option :P

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:25 pm 

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/downloads

:twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:

All Free

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:30 pm 

I dont know if shooting someone who makes or owns pdfs is applicable to the crime, but yes I do think that pdfs adversely affect prices. :)

*<fixes post to make deimos's word play obsolete>* :twisted:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:32 pm 

bclarkie wrote:I dont know if shooting someone with pdfs is applicable to the crime, but yes I do think that pdfs adversely affect prices. :)

PDFs don't kill people, bullets kill people.  :lol:  I may have made a parsing error there.

YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:35 pm 

No "Only the not-crazily-expensive-stuff" option :(

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:39 pm 

Lock and load.

I will put myself into the right and wrong category. Pick a side and live with it. There is no middle ground.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:32 am 

I see no impact on the collectables market. I don't consider 3E as collectable yet, and I'd bet that when it does become 'collectable' it will be just as rare and pricey as it would otherwise have been. * looks around for his shotgun resistant cloak of invisibility *

This week I've been mostly eating . . . chicken and wild rice soup.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:42 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:when it does become 'collectable' it will be just as rare and pricey as it would otherwise have been.

I'm sure in 2123, or whenever the devils start complaining it's getting drafty down there, it'll be rare!   :)  3E will never become collectible* in our lifetimes.  

Of course, by the time it does, paper will be outlawed and PDF will be the only option.

*By the way, it was annoying me so I looked it up.  Both 'collectible' and 'collectable' are correct forms of the word.

YIM  

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:31 am 

There needs to be a "Yes it can effect the market, both positively and negatively."

Or simply "yes", I didn't vote as such...

~jeff

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:47 pm 

couple questions on this topic:

Wasn't/isn't there a PDF of ST1 out floating around? I'm just curious if people think it has hurt the value of that item? would it be fetching over 2K? did the B3 PDF also hurt the value? I'm wondering, if it has, what some of these would be bringing in.....would shit if  some things in my collection were worth 3-4k   8O

BTW for the record I voted "Only the new, less collectible stuff suffers" but that was more from personal exp ( I still own a B3 even though the PDF was available ), my wife would gladly remind me that I have been wrong before.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:29 pm 

Daimajin wrote:Wasn't/isn't there a PDF of ST1 out floating around?

People have talked about a PDF of ST1 floating around for years but no one has been able to point out where it is available even after repeated searches of the web, and Kazaa and other P2P networks.  In other words, I doubt the PDF exists, and it looks more like a rumor to drive down the price.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:04 pm 

dathon wrote:
Daimajin wrote:Wasn't/isn't there a PDF of ST1 out floating around?

People have talked about a PDF of ST1 floating around for years but no one has been able to point out where it is available even after repeated searches of the web, and Kazaa and other P2P networks. In other words, I doubt the PDF exists, and it looks more like a rumor to drive down the price.

Not only does a PDF of ST1 exist, I've seen it and have a copy.  Incredibly, it appears to be a PDF of the ST1 PROOF copy.  Here's a link to it:

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/7016/st117ow.png

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:08 pm 

afoolandhis$ wrote:
dathon wrote:
People have talked about a PDF of ST1 floating around for years but no one has been able to point out where it is available even after repeated searches of the web, and Kazaa and other P2P networks. In other words, I doubt the PDF exists, and it looks more like a rumor to drive down the price.

Not only does a PDF of ST1 exist, I've seen it and have a copy. Incredibly, it appears to be a PDF of the ST1 PROOF copy. Here's a link to it:

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:20 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:
afoolandhis$ wrote:
Not only does a PDF of ST1 exist, I've seen it and have a copy. Incredibly, it appears to be a PDF of the ST1 PROOF copy. Here's a link to it:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Did Guido's kids do the cover for that?  :lol:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:45 pm 

dathon wrote:People have talked about a PDF of ST1 floating around for years but no one has been able to point out where it is available even after repeated searches of the web, and Kazaa and other P2P networks. In other words, I doubt the PDF exists, and it looks more like a rumor to drive down the price.

I have 2 versions of the ST1 PDF. The one from the internet (from the newsgroups around 2000 and then it was posted on Kazaa before Kazaa got crap) with the dodgy cropping and stain on the cover, and a far better quality PDF I made myself. (Thanks kindly to the anon. source who lent me an original for this purpose.) Regretably, and probably advisedly also given the objection to PDFs, I will not distribute. I know of one other version of the PDF in the possession of a Hawaiian collector, but I have not seen it and I can't speak of the quality or completeness of that PDF. I know I am not the only member here who has these. So there's at least three versions floating around.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . chicken and wild rice soup.