Forum back online
Author

Site Admin

Post Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 3:30 pm 

We're back online now, after the recent hacking incident.  It took much longer than expected, since the phpBB software has numerous bugs in it that were preventing restoration of the database.

Unfortunately, the last backup was May 11th, so all messages (and user registrations) since that point were lost.

We promise to be more religious in backups, so future database crashes will be less catastrophic.  Apologies for the inconvenience!

FoulFoot

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 7:31 am 

... what I couldn't understand is: Who might be interested in deleting the Acaeum forum??? Any idea? ... maybe a French hacker answering your last post ;-)

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 8:01 am 

Anyone else notice a drop in general prices while the site was down? Hmmmmm

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 10:42 am 

Yes  Nev  I did, Best part is I had nothing up during the time, Bad thing is I had already used what I had to aquire new material and was unable to take advantage of it either.  LOL

Oh well Break even!!

Its good to see us Back though!

You never know how much you miss something until it is gone. I for one never realized I check in here a couple times a day until I tried each day it was down.

Bruce Thibodeau

(NorthernDuckHunter)

Outdoor Photographer/Writer

Site Admin

Post Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 12:42 pm 

I believe it was just a random event.  Several other gaming web sites have reported hacks on their phpBB software.  It's most likely a group of people going around seeing how many sites they can bring down using the same exploit.

Foul