Seeking artwork from Rifts/Palladium ads in Dragon
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:05 pm 

Hi,
I'm seeking a pic from a Rifts/Palladium ad in Dragon magazine. It's a b/w werewolf wielding a sword and an axe iirc. I know I've seen it in one of my Dragons but I can't find it. Has anybody an idea who did the artwork on the Rifts ads in dragon? Is there a site with the pics? A number of the Dragon would do too since I know I own one with this ad. Too bad the Dragon archive doesn't have an image search....

So if anyone happens to know i would be spared going through all my mags, page by page.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:51 pm 

How far back are you talking?

YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:22 am 

2nd edition. Probably number around 200 or so. The ads are missing in the later 2nd Ed issues.

PS: Are you Feanor from the DF boards?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:49 am 

Frank---

Doi you have the Dragon Archive?  If not, since most of the ads were indexed, it would be pretty easy to run a search for RIFTS and do some digging for you.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:56 am 

I do. But i wasn't aware of that function. (I usually just browse thepdfs which i copied tomy HD with acrobat.) I'll have to install that software again. Thanks Allan!

Edit:

So i reinstalled the software (which runs about every other time on XP) and done a search for "RIFTS". So far i have found only article mentions and not one ad. :-(

Edit:

Yep, confirmed it by a constrained search in one issue where I found one ad by browsing. The search doesn't return the ad.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:04 pm 

I haven't had any luck, other than a small silohuette of 4 members of a dog pack.

Artwork for Palladium was done Kevin Long, Kevin Siembieda, and Larry MacDougall.

And what are the "DF" boards?

YIM