Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:18 pm 

My eBay just came back up.

:D

John

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:35 pm 

Probably nothing....
but, 2 of my buyers have just come up as "no longer registered users".  One has paid in full and I was just about to send out the item.  Another has paid for one out of two items and I haven't had contact in over a week.

Could this be an eBay glitch?  - They were both registered last night!

If not, is there anything I should be wary about (both paid by PayPal).

Thanks,
Jon

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:13 pm 

Strange you should mention that, Jon, but I was vaulted into the lead on an auction thanks to the disappearance of long-time rival bidder <shaggymatt36>.
Seemed strange to me... :?
eBay.com Item Bid History

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:21 pm 

harami2000 wrote:Strange you should mention that, Jon, but I was vaulted into the lead on an auction thanks to the disappearance of long-time rival bidder <shaggymatt36>.

He is actually a member here.  :?  I hope he wasnt caught doing something he should not have been.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:28 pm 

harami2000 wrote:Strange you should mention that, Jon, but I was vaulted into the lead on an auction thanks to the disappearance of long-time rival bidder <shaggymatt36>.

I reckon that their registered credit card has expired.  It almost happened to me as the email warning looked like all the other emails that they send you.  Don't know if eBay stagger their billing.  But I usually get my invoice this time of the month.  So, if they can't collect the money, you become "no longer registered" until you confirm your card details.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:54 pm 

bclarkie wrote:

He is actually a member here. :? I hope he wasnt caught doing something he should not have been.

I hope not!  Not only is he a fantastic rival bidder, I recently won an auction of his, and it hasn't shown up.  It's only been a week or so, though, so I'm not concerned yet.  Is he on here as well?

YIM  

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:02 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:Is he on here as well?

Dunno.  But I've dealt with him before OK.  Just sent an email enquiring about the "Not a registered user" problem.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:06 pm 

johnhuck wrote:I reckon that their registered credit card has expired. It almost happened to me as the email warning looked like all the other emails that they send you. Don't know if eBay stagger their billing. But I usually get my invoice this time of the month. So, if they can't collect the money, you become "no longer registered" until you confirm your card details.

Ah, that would make sense...

thx, John :)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:59 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:He is actually a member here. :? I hope he wasnt caught doing something he should not have been.

I hope not! Not only is he a fantastic rival bidder, I recently won an auction of his, and it hasn't shown up. It's only been a week or so, though, so I'm not concerned yet. Is he on here as well?[/quote]

hey deim

i have dealt with him loads of times over the last few years - selling to him and also buying from him. have never once had a problem and he's a top bloke too.

imo there is no way whatsoever that he would do anything underhand.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:43 pm 

*waves hiya*

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:44 pm 

I got positive feedback from him today - that was when I noticed he was no longer registered. I hope their is a good reason as he is a thoroughly nice guy and a pleasure to do business with. (Plus of course, his id is worth following to see what he's currently bidding on as he seems to be one of those who looks at the same things as  I do - except of course he's not as lazy as me!)

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:20 pm 

hiya and thanks for the vote of confidence from some great people many of whom I have had  dealings with. I must explain that the reason I am off ebay is that I am temporary suspended while they investigate a couple of my auctions which were hijacked by some nob flogging large quantities of iffy mobiles.  :evil: A real pain in the arse but I hope to back in business soon.  Please let me know if this has affected any of your auctions that I may have been bidding on and feel free to hurl insults praise whatever in my direction as you see fit . Cheers Matt

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:21 pm 

shaggymatt36 wrote:hiya and thanks for the vote of confidence from some great people many of whom I have had dealings with. I must explain that the reason I am off ebay is that I am temporary suspended while they investigate a couple of my auctions which were hijacked by some nob flogging large quantities of iffy mobiles. :evil: A real pain in the arse but I hope to back in business soon. Please let me know if this has affected any of your auctions that I may have been bidding on and feel free to hurl insults praise whatever in my direction as you see fit . Cheers Matt

Hey...speak of the devil. :)  Welcome to the forums!

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:34 pm 

shaggymatt36 wrote:hiya and thanks for the vote of confidence from some great people many of whom I have had dealings with. I must explain that the reason I am off ebay is that I am temporary suspended while they investigate a couple of my auctions which were hijacked by some nob flogging large quantities of iffy mobiles. :evil: A real pain in the arse but I hope to back in business soon. Please let me know if this has affected any of your auctions that I may have been bidding on and feel free to hurl insults praise whatever in my direction as you see fit . Cheers Matt

hey matt

nice to see ya mate. hope you get that issue sorted. i find the direct route is the best way   :twisted:

Are we nearly there yet?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:36 pm 

Hello deimos, that G1 is on its way promise! but posting to the colonies always seems to take forever. Feel free to contact me if it gets overdue. Matt  :)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:49 pm 

shaggymatt36 wrote:Hello deimos, that G1 is on its way promise! but posting to the colonies always seems to take forever. Feel free to contact me if it gets overdue. Matt :)

Hiya Matt, dont you also post here under the name red_bus. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:12 am 

bclarkie wrote:
shaggymatt36 wrote:Hello deimos, that G1 is on its way promise! but posting to the colonies always seems to take forever. Feel free to contact me if it gets overdue. Matt :)

Hiya Matt, dont you also post here under the name red_bus. :)

isnt red_bus from down south somewhere, whereas matt is a northerner?

Are we nearly there yet?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:32 am 

Hi there,  I was a southern softie but moved north a few years back to enjoy the free lard they give you each time you pop in morrisons. Also have never posted here before under any other alias for those of you who believe in conspiacy theories. Must admit to being long time lurker to keep track of prices and auctions I missed in my searches.Matt :oops:  :lol:

PreviousNext