creep ?
Author

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:19 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:
buybuy wrote:Because I'm actaually educated in the business of valuation, and you call yourself that with probably NO formal education in the business, and base your valuation off weeklong auctions on ebay. ha ha ha HOW STUPID CAN YOU BE ???

Hmm...Ok, I can admit when I'm wrong.  :) He's not jonb. He's Max. I wonder if the 4 years of valuation education was before or after the janitor position at TSR? (Or was it WotC, I can never remember other madman's ravings...) :roll:

If he starts threatening to rape someone's kids and eat their tongues then I will consider that it may be another Maxwell incarnation.  At this point I dont see much correllation other than blind stupidity.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:19 pm 

Deadlord36 wrote:OK, I'm taking the plunge. I have an absolute crapload of stuff that I'm going to sell, so I will take him up on the offer. All of it will go into escrow, and we shall see what happens from there. I'll ship media mail at actual cost, insured of course. I'm sure it won't be all that much, comparatively. Does anyone know what state Missouri is in?

It is somewhat sad that the RPG collecting field has come to the point where we have resellers, people who jack prices, and people who care only about getting the most money for their stuff. It is 99% of the reason I'm done with collecting. The days of trades, and outright gifts are, sadly, long gone. I think this field was much better when there were not so many collectors, there was much more camaraderie. I'm not pointing the finger at anyone in particular, neither creep nor anyone else here, but it just seems the rosy apple of RPG's has gone a bit sour.

Dammit stop moving in on my action. :P  I am still waiting to get paid my $2444.00. :twisted:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:22 pm 

Oh, I didnt mean buybuy is Max.  Buybuy is defintely creep1962.  The person who I meant was Max was this one:

chokensmoke wrote:Your all being to tough on the creep and buybuy. There just like max.. Good ole boys. Now collect your toys before the cougar bites them or you.

Good luck, peter peter pumpkin eater

Love:)

With a name like chokensmoke and that post right there, that is definitely Max.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:25 pm 

Deadlord36 wrote:Does anyone know what state Missouri is in?

Isn't it a suburb of Chicago?  :wink:  Seriously man...my spleen can't take anymore laughing.  :lol:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:09 am 

Wow. What did I miss? ;)

8O  :lol:

Mount Celestia doesn't want me and Baator's afraid I'll take over.

Ninty-eight Blue and Green Slaad at the door, Ninty-eight Blue and Green Slaad, Take one down, they gate in two more, Ninty-nine Blue and Green Slaad at the door...

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:33 am 

Damn man. Creep, since I'm sure you'll read this - seriously, get some counseling. The desperation for validation is pretty painful to watch, and with that kind of attitude, you can't possibly be a happy guy.

If I were a nicer guy, I'd offer some pity. But I'm not, so I'll just shake my head in disgust.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:47 am 

i wake up this morning and there are two further pages of posts to read. creep? listen chummer....i am happy for you if you're making buckets of $$$ - good on you....but seriously...you have issues.

most on here will tell you that i try hard to stay neutral on things and i at times have defended others pretty much on my own, but one thing i learnt very early in life is that others will treat you as you treat them.

the folks here who post, are a very decent sort and have helped me out countless times, but they also react if someone comes here and calls them out without any justification whatsoever.

they dislike the prices you sell things for, you feel you can justify them because of your vast experience, so there we go. thats all there is to it.

to rant on after that and wtch ppl throw shit back and forth is totally immature and almost saddening to watch. most guys here have been involved in this stuff for like 25-30 years, some more, some less, but the knowledge is there and they utilise it.

this issue has come up before. these guys are collectors. you are not. you just want to make wedges of cash. the two do not relate and never will. simple as that. you will make money on things no matter what and will do whatever it takes to get it - nothing wrong with that and i hold my hat off to you. BUT...it doesnt mean ppl have to like it and most certainly it will be commented upon, and often.

but anyway....i personally, was actually hoping that some sensible debate might come of this - THAT would have been interesting to read, but instead, what comes from it is just some immature ranting, even down to the point of wishing that someone would kill themselves! *shakes head*

must admit i am quite dissappointed. but hey there ya go. for someone so well versed in business, and as you have 22 years experience, an adult to boot, you show very little maturity in discussion - which is also a major part in appraisal too.

i must have missed the point somewhere.

*goes back to eating breakfast, which is far more interesting than reading this any further*

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:25 am 

bclarkie wrote:For reference, here is a PM I just received from creep1962 and my response of course:

buybuy wrote:Yea yea, you wish you owned 3 or 4 of everything I have for sale. If you do pea-brain, then sell me your R-series, because if they aren't worth that much, the you would be happy to sell your set for 1,000 right ? NO ... cause your a loudmouth liar, and it was visible a mile away.

You might want to take at my most recent post in your thread, oh and by the way my statement was just about. I recently sold my dupes of RPGA3. R1, & R3. Oh and for reference moron, you might want to check out this thread before you open your mouth again:

IO's Little Castle, and the Politics of Natural Disasters

I can confirm you sold you dupes of R1 and RPGA3 because I bought them, maybe creep could buy them from me for lets say $200 each?

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:33 am 

Blackmoor wrote:
I can confirm you sold you dupes of R1 and RPGA3 because I bought them, maybe creep could buy them from me for lets say $200 each?

J, Have they arrived yet? :)

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:35 am 

I just hope this guy doesn't start the investing joke that ruined the comic and trading card market.  I remember the days of comic collectability when people were paying 3-4 times guide and re-selling higher.  It worked for a while then the market crashed when everybody got into it; there were not enough genuine collectors to keep buying the over priced over printed material.

Do not support creep buy either buying or selling from him, remember we are collectors and not speculators.  Keep your stuff and try to fill holes in your collections from reasonable dealers.

Keep creep out of our hobby, do not let him ruin it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:36 am 

bclarkie wrote:
Blackmoor wrote:

J, Have they arrived yet? :)

I think so, I have got the notice from the post office, have not made it there yet though.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:14 pm 

This is like watching a car wreck about to happen in front of you......

Some drunken idiot behind the wheel, hell-bent on his own destruction. You just can't take you're eyes away even though you know what's going to eventually happen.

Creep, or whatever you want to impersonate yourself as, I just hope you have stupidity insurance, or can wean yourself off the meds at some stage.

For a supposedly educated person you have a simply stunning grasp on the English language.

As as you stated in your opening (address?), you may bend over backwards for your clients....it doesn't mean anyone here has to bend over forwards for you, or your opinions.

Time to take the hint and peddle your metal elsewhere.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:37 pm 

So much fuzz for a troll? Put him on the shady dealer list and let's get over this clown.

- "When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro."

Hunter S. Thompson (July 18, 1937 - Feb 20, 2005)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:46 pm 

You should change your name to Greed1962.  Just remember that a successful long term business rarely involves screwing everybody you sell to.  There is no honor in price gouging and none of us here appreciate your lecherous presence in the market we enjoy.

I hate to agree with Creep as he's pretty awful but he's correct in his assumption that he can make money overpaying for a lot of this stuff.  He may be shooting in the dark with many of his opening BIN prices but he'll find just enough suckers to make it worth his while I bet.  He'll make money by preying on the ill informed new collectors and by people who are under pressure to buy something quickly (perhaps as a gift or something).  In the process he might cause some marginal short term market inflation for certain rare items he targets (see coug with the H1's) but will not affect the market overall as it's far too vast.  I just hope he runs short on capital and must sell a lot of his stuff at a loss instead of being able to wait for his price.  This will effectively end his experiment.  (we all know that is what it is with the high end stuff)

He obviously cares nothing about the collectors he sells to.  Acaeum members are right to derile him and I for one hope he fails miserably.  I just think there are way too many morons out there for him to fail.

moron with money

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:45 pm 

Deadlord36 wrote:OK, I'm taking the plunge. I have an absolute crapload of stuff that I'm going to sell, so I will take him up on the offer. All of it will go into escrow, and we shall see what happens from there. I'll ship media mail at actual cost, insured of course. I'm sure it won't be all that much, comparatively. Does anyone know what state Missouri is in?
It is somewhat sad that the RPG collecting field has come to the point where we have resellers, people who jack prices, and people who care only about getting the most money for their stuff. It is 99% of the reason I'm done with collecting. The days of trades, and outright gifts are, sadly, long gone. I think this field was much better when there were not so many collectors, there was much more camaraderie. I'm not pointing the finger at anyone in particular, neither creep nor anyone else here, but it just seems the rosy apple of RPG's has gone a bit sour.

Actually, I have found lots of good people here...and a couple of Acaeum members have made me very altruistic deals.   :D  :D

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:01 pm 

Okay, I am not very exciting about this business attitude... but...

http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... %3AIT&rd=1

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxeditxxxxxxxx

:? :? :?

Some other attitudes aren't very clever.

*EDIT*

SORRY : I just saw it was already pointed out in another topic.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:23 pm 

youffie404 wrote:Okay, I am not very exciting about this business attitude... but...

*EDIT*

Warning people about images like that would be a good idea. Folks can get fired for looking at stuff like that at work (accidentally or not).

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:31 pm 

GraysonAC wrote:
youffie404 wrote:Okay, I am not very exciting about this business attitude... but...

*EDIT*

Warning people about images like that would be a good idea. Folks can get fired for looking at stuff like that at work (accidentally or not).

Agreed.  This is becoming a bigger and bigger problem with this character.  Any help from members would be appreciated.

PreviousNext