creep ?
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 12:21 pm 

WOW! I stumbled onto this site, because a very good friend of mine happens to be creep1962. Lets BASH ! What the heck did this guy do to you people ? You people have no clue who this person is. He is a very HONEST, LOVING, GENEROUS, THOUGHTFUL individual, with a 22 year proffesional history in guess what, APPRAISAL. He is a salesperson by nature, why not take advantage of these 2 skills? He has told me about some people believing the items he re-sells are over priced. Funny thing is as he explained to me, EVERYTHING in the world with any value, is worth what someone is willing to pay. And I have seen his turnover as he has grown a business. He sells alot of stuff! I just signed up because I was reading through the forum here, and it appears this guy whom none of you know anything about, who knows valuation process, better than any of you could ever hope to, is being bashed because he is making an honest living at what he does. Using the knowledge of his 22 years in the appraising proffession. Can you truly value an item, based on a sale comparable which is 3-5 years old? Sounds like abuse and neglect of the principles of appraisal the way he explained it to me. I didn't come to argue with any of you people, but, maybe you should consider the valuation process your using, and recoginze that a closed circle of people cannot hold back a growing market. Free trade is still legal in America.

Friend of creep.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 12:42 pm 

buybuy wrote:WOW! I stumbled onto this site, because a very good friend of mine happens to be creep1962. Lets BASH ! What the heck did this guy do to you people ? You people have no clue who this person is. He is a very HONEST, LOVING, GENEROUS, THOUGHTFUL individual, with a 22 year proffesional history in guess what, APPRAISAL. He is a salesperson by nature, why not take advantage of these 2 skills? He has told me about some people believing the items he re-sells are over priced. Funny thing is as he explained to me, EVERYTHING in the world with any value, is worth what someone is willing to pay. And I have seen his turnover as he has grown a business. He sells alot of stuff! I just signed up because I was reading through the forum here, and it appears this guy whom none of you know anything about, who knows valuation process, better than any of you could ever hope to, is being bashed because he is making an honest living at what he does. Using the knowledge of his 22 years in the appraising proffession. Can you truly value an item, based on a sale comparable which is 3-5 years old? Sounds like abuse and neglect of the principles of appraisal the way he explained it to me. I didn't come to argue with any of you people, but, maybe you should consider the valuation process your using, and recoginze that a closed circle of people cannot hold back a growing market. Free trade is still legal in America.

*g*

Hahahahahaha, this is a joke right???!!!

You wouldnt happen to be the man behind the idiocy himself would you??? AT least you could have the balls to come out and admit that you are Creep1962. :roll:  Just as a very big FYI, this sites prices are maintaied and updated every 3 to 4 months moron, and they are based on actual current EBay sales. Secondly if you seem to understand the valuation process so much then maybe you can explain these:

eBay

which is in his store, however he bought this exact same set of modules here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5229506746

This of course now reflects a decrease in the value that was listed in the store of $1799.00 since it was first listed.

Oh and while were at it how about this one:

eBay

A white box Set had NEVER sold for that amount, EVER :idea:

Or perhaps this one does it for you:

eBay

This of course he purchased this one here:

5211842537 | eBay

This of course is also down in the store from what was previously $235.00.

Do I need to continue listing auctions or do you get the point yet? Do you really think that when you buy something and it arrives in your hands that it automatically increases in value by 2, 3 or even 4 times???? Please spare us your Bull Shit.

If you would like to continue, I can continue to list itmes that you purchased and you at least doubled its value and put them in your store. You my friend is the one who has no clue...... :roll:

BTW, nice feedback there 20 neutrals in 1 month? Nice. 8)[/b]

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 12:49 pm 

Buybuy/Creep, you'll get a somewhat better response by not starting off your Acaeum posting career with a lie. I myself could give a rat's ays what you do with your stuff, or what you price it at, but please don't attempt to pull the wool over peoples' eyes here. It's been tried before.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 12:51 pm 

buybuy wrote:WOW! I stumbled onto this site, because a very good friend of mine happens to be creep1962. Lets BASH ! What the heck did this guy do to you people ? You people have no clue who this person is. He is a very HONEST, LOVING, GENEROUS, THOUGHTFUL individual, with a 22 year proffesional history in guess what, APPRAISAL. He is a salesperson by nature, why not take advantage of these 2 skills? He has told me about some people believing the items he re-sells are over priced. Funny thing is as he explained to me, EVERYTHING in the world with any value, is worth what someone is willing to pay. And I have seen his turnover as he has grown a business. He sells alot of stuff! I just signed up because I was reading through the forum here, and it appears this guy whom none of you know anything about, who knows valuation process, better than any of you could ever hope to, is being bashed because he is making an honest living at what he does. Using the knowledge of his 22 years in the appraising proffession. Can you truly value an item, based on a sale comparable which is 3-5 years old? Sounds like abuse and neglect of the principles of appraisal the way he explained it to me. I didn't come to argue with any of you people, but, maybe you should consider the valuation process your using, and recoginze that a closed circle of people cannot hold back a growing market. Free trade is still legal in America.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion....including the people that post on this site.  There are numerous resellers here that have just as much (or possibly more) expertise as your friend.  And sure if some jackass wants to pay $300 for something that is worth $50, then that is there right to do so.  I dont think anyone here has questioned just how honest, loving, generous, or thoughtful creep is.  We really dont care.  But when someone appraises something for a price that is 500% higher than what it normally is, there are going to be people that question his motives.

Free trade is indeed legal in America.  So is free speech.  Either he can come to this forum and defend his price gouging and possibly shed some of his valuation knowledge with the rest of us or he can continue to have people like you whine and complain for him.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 12:52 pm 

buybuy wrote:. Can you truly value an item, based on a sale comparable which is 3-5 years old? Sounds like abuse and neglect of the principles of appraisal the way he explained it to me. I didn't come to argue with any of you people, but, maybe you should consider the valuation process your using, and recoginze that a closed circle of people cannot hold back a growing market. Free trade is still legal in America.

I would love to see what you and Creep1962 use for your *valuation process* For reference, here is ours:

Page Not Found

Page Not Found

Please fell free to post yours, as I am quite sure other than fishing for idiots who really don't know the true values of items, you have none. It is ass holes like you who take away from the market by trying take advantage of people who don't know any better. :evil:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 12:55 pm 

Welcome to the hornets' nest, <buybuy> ;)

=

Brian; you're reading my mind on using the R1-4 as a key example; purchased at ~$670 and immediately attempting to resell at $1,799 before lowering those to the current $1,199.

That's not "appraisal", that's attempting to distort the market, plain and simple.

Yes, it's possible to make money that way so long as you remember to jump the bubble before it bursts: philately, numismatics, comics, etc.; all of those have been badly damaged in the past by market hype driven by resellers and greedy collectors.

(@ Brian; white boxes have actually sold for more than that before, but neither were those sales under "normal" circumstances).

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:02 pm 

harami2000 wrote:

(@ Brian; white boxes have actually sold for more than that before, but neither were those sales under "normal" circumstances).

I stand corrected, but how about $970.00:

Ad&d Box Set | eBay

*<anxiously awaits for the BIG reply from buybuy>*

Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:09 pm 

I don't really know what the items sell for, what they are worth, and I don't care. I know that you people do not know who this person is. I don't know what , except jealousy would cause the animosity and ignorance you people display. I DO know the guy sells tens of thousands of dollars worth of stuff every month, and I know his background prior to his retail experience. He is the hardest worker you could ever meet in your life, and bends over backward for his community. It appears a vendetta has been established, and I could really care less. But I saw this stuff, wanted to respond, and of course, ignorance is bliss.

Friend of creep.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:25 pm 

buybuy wrote:I don't really know what the items sell for, what they are worth, and I don't care. I know that you people do not know who this person is. I don't know what , except jealousy would cause the animosity and ignorance you people display. I DO know the guy sells tens of thousands of dollars worth of stuff every month, and I know his background prior to his retail experience. He is the hardest worker you could ever meet in your life, and bends over backward for his community. It appears a vendetta has been established, and I could really care less. But I saw this stuff, wanted to respond, and of course, ignorance is bliss.

This website and forum are for people who enjoy collecting Dungeons and Dragons.  We have nothing to do with the Better Business Bureau, Boy Scouts, Mensa, Illiteracy Council, or the Red Cross.  WE DONT GIVE A SHIT WHAT KIND OF PERSON CREEP IS!!!  We dont care if he goes to church, takes in stray puppies, works in a soup kitchen in his spare time, or likes to look at naked pictures of little boys.  What we are concerned with is his apparent lack of brains when it comes to his listed prices for items that he bought for less than half from some other reputable seller.  So once again, take your spew elsewhere and tell your "friend" to come and defend his business practices if he so desires.  Or he can continue to be an asshat.  Either way we dont give a shit.   :twisted:

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:27 pm 

buybuy wrote:I don't really know what the items sell for, what they are worth, and I don't care. I know that you people do not know who this person is.

Always be prepared to be judged by your actions, rather than "who" you are. :)

buybuy wrote:I don't know what , except jealousy would cause the animosity and ignorance you people display.

Sounds like you don't know us, either, and are more than happy just to make blanket assumptions on everyone here.

Sorry to tell you, there is no "you people" here: absolutely nothing akin to a single "voice of the community" or anything like that...

buybuy wrote:I DO know the guy sells tens of thousands of dollars worth of stuff every month, and I know his background prior to his retail experience. He is the hardest worker you could ever meet in your life

Is that relevant?

I'm sure your president is a hard worker. Doesn't mean anyone has to agree with everything he says or that he's "always right".

At least he is smart enough to know that. ;)

buybuy wrote:...It appears a vendetta has been established, and I could really care less. But I saw this stuff, wanted to respond, and of course, ignorance is bliss.

You're deducing a vendetta from the responses of a dozen or so people out of 100-150 regs on the boards.

Nope; neither could I really "care" about that when the damage is largely self-inflicted and exacerbated by the pompous language being used by both of you.

But the damage (potential and actual) to the collecting community is clear enough to see.

IMO, that is far more important than any one individual's personal profit margins. Or is he running as a charity? 8)

Best wishes to you. Feel free to invite your friend over for a chat, should he have the time to do so.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 2:30 pm 

Well, that was pathetic. Buybuy, or as I think most folks suspect, Creep1962, I'll tell you straight out I'm one of the very few folks that have defended Creep in the past on this board. I've dealt with him, and found him to be professional (aside from slow shipping).

With his 22 years of experience, I'd have expected him to be smarter about the way he does business. Buying things, jacking the price up 300% or more, and then crossing your fingers isn't a sound business plan. I don't have any problem at all with him doing so, mind you, since it makes my store's prices look all the more reasonable.

Folks here are, by and large, collectors. Creep bids on collectible items, pays more than the "going rate", and then jacks the price up to several times the value of the item, and then waits and hopes to find some ignorant person that wants the item and thinks they're getting a fair price. The valuation process used here is based off of many, many eBay sales, and is a fairly accurate baseline guide for most items.

It's very obvious Creep does not use a set valuation, since he pays wildly different amounts for identical items.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 2:30 pm 

Heh.  Once again I wander off for nearly 24 hours and miss all the excitement.   :roll:

I don't know, nor care, who creep1962 is, really.  Perhaps he's better in other collectibles, but he has no aptitude on D&D related items whatsoever, that much is quite evident.  He's not even close to the mark, sorry.  If he wants to waste his money, that's his business, and good luck to him, he'll need it.

However, the more you carry on, whine, and use all-caps like a two year old, the more I suspect you're related to a Mr. Jon Bassett, aka jonb, aka TGE, aka ETC. :roll:

YIM  

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 2:46 pm 

My only "experience" with Creep has been second hand.   One of my now regular customers was quite disappointed by a purchase from creep.  He experienced slow shipping of a product not NEAR up to the condition described, and paid a premium for the pleasure of getting treated that way.  I have witnessed Creep purchase items and then see the same item posted with double the price (not a problem with me, pricing is everyone's own business) but somehow magically the condition is "boosted".  I respect his right to make a living reselling RPG's, antiques, toilet paper, whatever.  BUT... do it without stretching the truth on the condition.  His mistakes reflect poorly on others who are in the same business.

Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 2:48 pm 

Hmmm .. this lead me to do a little research, and an obvious member here appears to be violating their own priciples. Can we say, hippocrit ?

This is a valuation form this  site of oh so knowledable people.

X7  War Rafts of Kron 2 $3 $6 $8 $11 $13 $14  

And this a new listing by one of its members, with an asking price more than double what is considered by this oh so knowledgable bunch as "TOP VALUE" . Obviously, its ok for some, but not others. You people, all of the ones who have beat him up for asking a higher price than he paid, are plain, simple, hippocrits.

Friend of creep.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:15 pm 

buybuy wrote:X7 War Rafts of Kron 2 $3 $6 $8 $11 $13 $14

And this a new listing by one of its members, with an asking price more than double what is considered by this oh so knowledgable bunch as "TOP VALUE" . Obviously, its ok for some, but not others.

*looks*

Well, that one of Brian's is in shrinkwrap, so a $20 start isn't particularly OTT.

The BIN price is in addition to the auction, so if only one person bids, $20 it is. Not quite the same as a no-bidding-option $1,799 BIN.

Presumably you looked through Brian's auctions for that example?

btw. Where the Acaeum site has "Estimated Values", that should really say "eBay Realisation Trend" or something like that. Definitely has potential for being misleading and contentious. But that's an aside, anyhow... and, as stated, we're not a single "voice" here by any means.

OK, back to your friend;

OK, the condition isn't bad, but the description of what is sale is false in at least one key aspect.

> THIS IS A VERY RARE CONDITION TO FIND THIS MODULE !

Not a module; these are the core rules. :?

> TSR  PUBLICATION : DATE : 197? (books of course say 74, this set appears to be the 4th printing)

Wrong. It's a 5th print. 4th(-) would have 1975 in at least four places and prices on the front covers of the books.

The 4th(-) print is rarer than the 5th.

> A BLACKMOORE SUPPLEMENT

Olde English spelling?

Nicely ripped off $970, that :(

"PLEASE CHECK MY OTHER ITEMS FOR VALUES YOU WILL NOT FIND ANYWHERE ELSE ! ! !"

Or not... But definitely try harder to get the facts right, please. :?

aside: pricing some other items too low again appears to show lack of knowledge. Not a particularly huge "problem", but if you're going to insist your friend has only the highest standards, please be expected to uphold/demonstrate those.

JM-02 cents, anyhow.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:19 pm 

buybuy wrote:
And this a new listing by one of its members, with an asking price more than double what is considered by this oh so knowledgable bunch as "TOP VALUE" . Obviously, its ok for some, but not others. You people, all of the ones who have beat him up for asking a higher price than he paid, are plain, simple, hippocrits.

as you did your research there, did you actually read the page properly? i dont think you did my friend, so you'd better go back and check again.

$14 for a NM copy of X6 there on the list. did you read what it says at the top? Estimated Values (add 50% for shrinkwrap). so therefore, me with my limited mathematics.....50% of 14 is ummm 7?, which would make that $21 i believe?

well i see BC has that item listed for $19.99, which is nothing out of the ordinary for me. he has a BIN on the item, which is justifiable imo. if i wanted that, i would get it from him, because he is a superb seller and exceptionally reliable and in my opinion, worth an extra few $ for that anyway.

ppl can charge what they want for things. valuations are simply guidelines....most prices you will find are pretty much there and around what you read here, maybe even slightly higher, which is no biggie. when they are a LOT higher, ppl will then question it.

Al

<edit> oh and just to conclude. i have never dealt with creep, other than him asking the shipping cost on one of my items once a while back. frankly, i couldnt care less one way or the other. if he's making money then cool, go for it. doesnt mean ppl have to be happy with how he goes about it......

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:51 pm 

Hi All,

I vote that we only allow posts on this forum in English from now on.

Cheers,

Malcolm

House Atreides

House Atreides CCG singles for sale

Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:53 pm 

Oh amazing. There are reasonable, rational, people on this site also. And I asked Scott - creep about acoupkle things specificaly. The old dungeons and dragons game you guys are claiming he sold for around 1,000 dollars, was actually 3 complete sets, one without the box, and some other similar timeline published items. He said the people did not bother to read the description inside the listing. Changing description, he said description is opinion based on any single persons methodical approach. His is his, and yours is yours. He aslo pointed out he doesn't have, and has never had a single complaint about an inaccuratly described item. In fact he claims hundreds have claimed and do everyday that his items are accurately described. He said resolves issues with refunds, and has paid on one occassion to have an item retured, and issued refund on it after the postal service destroyed it. As far as appraisal, he said he could not explain to me the full process, but a one week listing on ebay is not an adequate representaion of market value. An item sold twice or 3 times in a month on an ebay auction will not tell you what its worth. It will tell you what someone who stumbled onto it in a very confined time of that week, might be willing to pay for it. He said to find an items true value, you must attempt at the highest price, and go odwn over a long period of time. Thats the only way to find a unique items true value.  This is my last post, I only came here because I have become involved in his business, and started looking around for information pertaining to the sale and finding particular items. He knows about your site, and said its bogus, refering me to the price comparisons of sales, and lack of updating on solid sales. He said that is gross incompetence to evaluation. Any item is worth what a ready, willing, and able buyer is willing to pay for it. When comparable sales are available for the previous 90 days, and are not used, the people relying on the erroneuos data are misinformed for the information provicers benefit. Straight out of his mouth. A guy who has done over 16,000 appraisals. I think he knows what hes talking about. He says this market is so undervalued because of new people coming in to collect and play, he will take advantage of it. I know him very well. Judging by his income, I would say he is very successfully doing just that. He also said he would by your collection for 1.5 times any bonafide offer from your collector buddies. He wants more good stuff, and promises to pay more than the prices outlined at aceum.com

Friend of creep.

Next