Warning: Fraudster buyer - sweetnlow1275
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:09 am 

I recall UPS ground is pretty reasonable to Canada (and has tracking).  Forget about overseas though the price is 10 times that of what USPS charges.

If you can get insurance on an item going overseas you will at least have one leg to stand on since it is scanned when it crosses over to the next country.  I havent had to use that in a claim yet but maybe that would be acceptable in a dispute (proof that it was sent at least).  

bbarsh wrote:I am in the middle of one of those right now. This one went to Canada.
Problem is that I can't do shit because there is no "choice available when you ship internationally. There is no tracking number for standard airmail packages.

I had go through customer service nightmare just to get an email through to paypal which I have no idea if it ever got where it was supposed to go.

Basically, if you do not have tracking, your f...ked.

The crappy thing is that everything I send goes priority w/track in the u.s. no exceptions. Overseas goes global priority - so you get a track number. Problem is that boxed set stuff is too pricey so it goes reg. airmail - which is what my current problem is.

Time to amend my shipping policy yet again. No packages go international. Just what I can get in a glob. priority.

"What can I get for $10?"

"Mint Rare and Shrinkwrapped-just pick that bar of soap up for us pls, we love you long time!"

YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:03 pm 

Terminal_Frost wrote:I recall UPS ground is pretty reasonable to Canada (and has tracking).

Yeah, UPS ground is reasonable. Until the item arrives, and the person has to pay brokerage fees, plus all possible duties and taxes :(

If you can get insurance on an item going overseas you will at least have one leg to stand on since it is scanned when it crosses over to the next country. I havent had to use that in a claim yet but maybe that would be acceptable in a dispute (proof that it was sent at least).

It's not enough for PP. It needs delivery confirmation, not just proof that it left the country.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:10 pm 

GraysonAC wrote:
Terminal_Frost wrote:I recall UPS ground is pretty reasonable to Canada (and has tracking).

Yeah, UPS ground is reasonable. Until the item arrives, and the person has to pay brokerage fees, plus all possible duties and taxes :(

And the brokerage fees are $40.00 :evil: Total rip-off, I always ask to send via reular post and take my chances.

J

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:09 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:
GraysonAC wrote:

And the brokerage fees are $40.00 :evil: Total rip-off, I always ask to send via reular post and take my chances.

J

The brokerage fees are variable. I think it depends on the value of the package, although I'm not sure. I've seen as low as $7 and as high as ~$150.

I recently recieved a package from the states that was shipped by UPS, the duty was about $6 and the brokerage fees were $60.  A total rip-off.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:28 pm 

What the hell are the brokerage fees for?!

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:36 pm 

Kosh Vorlontay wrote:What the hell are the brokerage fees for?!

The brokerage fees cover the huge task of filling out the invoice and paying the government there share.  Its a money grab plain and simple.

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:35 pm 

Yup. It's something you have to pay at the door too. I bought an $1800 USD lot from a guy in the US, he shipped it via UPS, and it ended up costing me around $600 CDN at my door - brokerage + duty + taxes. Truly ridiculous.

I'll never, ever, ever get anything delivered internationally via courier again.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 3:22 am 

GraysonAC wrote:Yup. It's something you have to pay at the door too. I bought an $1800 USD lot from a guy in the US, he shipped it via UPS, and it ended up costing me around $600 CDN at my door - brokerage + duty + taxes. Truly ridiculous.

I'll never, ever, ever get anything delivered internationally via courier again.

Just cancel the check, trust me they will not come after you.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:44 am 

should prb keep this one *bumped* anyway....maybe change the topic slightly to include all fraud bidders?

anyway just wanted to let y'all know, that ebay amazingly have removed my neg, in relation to the g4green debacle, which hit me n bclarkie.

i have to admit i didnt have much hope in ebay doing the right thing, but well there you go, i eat my words.

maybe there is some slight justice in the world afterall.

however, you sellers out there may wish to block that ebayer anyway, just in case, as ebay havent removed him and he is still a registered user.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Previous