Warning: Fraudster buyer - sweetnlow1275
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:53 pm 

Figured the other dealers like Mike might want a brief heads up - add this person to your blocked list. Deliberately filed a bogus PP "Item did not arrive" claim through PP (filed the claim before it was physically possible for the package to have arrived), to the (thankfully relateively minor) tune of $81.

And, as a general warning - every single item paid for with PayPal that you do not send with tracking information, you are 100% vulnerable to a buyer claiming it didn't arrive. PayPal will side with the buyer if you cannot provide tracking info.

*waits impatiently for Google wallet*  :(

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:52 am 

I am in the middle of one of those right now. This one went to Canada.

Problem is that I can't do shit because there is no "choice available when you ship internationally. There is no tracking number for standard airmail packages.

I had go through customer service nightmare just to get an email through to paypal which I have no idea if it ever got where it was supposed to go.

Basically, if you do not have tracking, your f...ked.

The crappy thing is that everything I send goes priority w/track in the u.s. no exceptions. Overseas goes global priority - so you get a track number. Problem is that boxed set stuff is too pricey so it goes reg. airmail - which is what my current problem is.

Time to amend my shipping policy yet again. No packages go international. Just what I can get in a glob. priority.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:56 am 

bbarsh wrote:I am in the middle of one of those right now. This one went to Canada.

Problem is that I can't do shit because there is no "choice available when you ship internationally. There is no tracking number for standard airmail packages.

I had go through customer service nightmare just to get an email through to paypal which I have no idea if it ever got where it was supposed to go.

Basically, if you do not have tracking, your f...ked.

The crappy thing is that everything I send goes priority w/track in the u.s. no exceptions. Overseas goes global priority - so you get a track number. Problem is that boxed set stuff is too pricey so it goes reg. airmail - which is what my current problem is.

Time to amend my shipping policy yet again. No packages go international. Just what I can get in a glob. priority.

Actually unless you send an item express mail, you dont get a tracking number through the USPS.  If you send an item Airmail Parcel Post, you can buy insurance, which isnt the same as tracking but will cover you in those situations.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:06 pm 

bbarsh wrote:Basically, if you do not have tracking, your f...ked.

Yeah, that about covers it.

Thankfully, it was sent with insurance. Unfortunately, I'm expecting Canada Post to discover, once I file my insurance claim, that the package *gasp* arrived. And I very much doubt that I can take that information to PP and get the ruling reversed.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:02 pm 

My problem just got resolved. Buyer finally admitted that he recieved item and cancelled his claim at the very last moment.

I am back to considering a complete block of all international sales. Problem is that I am seeing much higher and frequent action from that side.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 4:18 am 

bbarsh wrote:
I am back to considering a complete block of all international sales. Problem is that I am seeing much higher and frequent action from that side.

aww cmon man you cant do that!

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:32 pm 

bbarsh wrote:My problem just got resolved. Buyer finally admitted that he recieved item and cancelled his claim at the very last moment.

I think that way sometimes too when I have to deal with a problem, BUT... to be honest some of my very favorite (and regular) bidders are international.  It can be a bit of a hassle but I know that certain item bid prices go SKY HIGH from allowing international sales, plus it' fun corresponding with people all over the place.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:01 pm 

Bbarsh, I assume you have e-mails from the guy. You should be talking to the Post Office about fraud charges.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:15 pm 

Reindeergamez wrote:
bbarsh wrote:My problem just got resolved. Buyer finally admitted that he recieved item and cancelled his claim at the very last moment.

I think that way sometimes too when I have to deal with a problem, BUT... to be honest some of my very favorite (and regular) bidders are international. It can be a bit of a hassle but I know that certain item bid prices go SKY HIGH from allowing international sales, plus it' fun corresponding with people all over the place.

Thanks for the heads up Grayson. I"m with Reindeer.  You just can't block those guys, although they cause a lot of worries in the end international buyers are some of the nicest, politest, most patient, and most importantly best money throwers around.  If you're a legitimate reseller you just can't eliminate them from your buyers, otherwise you are eliminating a lot of profit, plus some very nice folks.  Did I mention patient?  Just had a package returned from the UK for no apparent reason, the buyer and I had been keeping tabs and it hadn't arrived after a month (sent airmail), I had to email him this week and tell him the package was mailed AGAIN and I hope it reaches him this time.  Very understanding, no histrionics or screaming fits, unlike a lot of US bidders who if their $5 item doesn't arrive in 2 days threaten everything short of castration....

Mike B.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:19 pm 

Badmike wrote:Very understanding, no histrionics or screaming fits, unlike a lot of US bidders who if their $5 item doesn't arrive in 2 days threaten everything short of castration....

Mike B.

Yup. I'll ship anywhere in the world, although if it's going someplace "weird", I'm not going to ship it without tracking anymore.

Most of the problems I've had have been with US bidders as well. Very, very, very impatient buyers, comparatively. My fellow Canadians are patient, but occasionally get upset at the postage costs (more expensive to ship within Canada than it is to ship to or from the USA). International folks, I've rarely had problems with.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:38 am 

It's always annoying when the seller has a blanket policy of not shipping overseas and not taking into account the individual.

Though you can understand it, it still bites.

Sigh, no 'Boot Hill' for this guy this time....  :(

On the bright side it does reduce the competition sometimes when the market's relatively small (waves to Mike..) :D

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:53 pm 

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Dear James Berg,

We have concluded our investigation of the following claim:

Complaint Details
------------------------------
Transaction Date: Aug 10, 2005
Transaction Amount: -$81.92 USD
Transaction ID: *
Case Number: *
Buyer's Name: *
Buyer's Email: [email protected]

This claim has been closed as the buyer failed to respond to our request.
No further action is required of you at this time. Please keep in mind,
that although you may not agree with our policy, we do require tracking for
all shipments that are made in conjunction with funds received via our
service.  We recommend that you review our User Agreement as you have
agreed to these policies.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation regarding this matter.

Sincerely,
Angelia
Protection Services Department
PayPal, an eBay Company

The stupid wench didn't respond in time to something they asked her about, and so she lost the sure-fire claim, LOL! That's not as satisfying as PayPal telling her to stuff her BS claim straight up her arse, but winning because of her stupidity is almost as good.  :D

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:30 pm 

hey guys, just giving y'all the lowdown on yet another ebayer that has latched onto me and bclarkie.

he bid on about 5/6 of my items some time back but thankfully only won one. he paid immediately by e-cheque, whereas my auctions always state that if you are NOT from the UK, i will contact you with an invoice. the dumb shit is clearly someone me n clarkie suspect, but BC is a far better snoop than me so i will leave that bit to him.

i mailed the guy to see if he had got the book (i sent 12 US parcels the same day - this guy is the only one that DIDNT get his parcel....yeah right)....he replied that it hadnt arrived yet. he never contacted me after that.

everyone who has dealt with me knows i am cool to deal with - i donthave a problem refunding anyone and just like the deal to be cool.

oh well you live and learn

by the way, they ebayers name is G4GREEN all you sellers - add him to your blocked list as all hes gonna do is stiff you.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:10 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:hey guys, just giving y'all the lowdown on yet another ebayer that has latched onto me and bclarkie.

he bid on about 5/6 of my items some time back but thankfully only won one. he paid immediately by e-cheque, whereas my auctions always state that if you are NOT from the UK, i will contact you with an invoice. the dumb shit is clearly someone me n clarkie suspect, but BC is a far better snoop than me so i will leave that bit to him.

i mailed the guy to see if he had got the book (i sent 12 US parcels the same day - this guy is the only one that DIDNT get his parcel....yeah right)....he replied that it hadnt arrived yet. he never contacted me after that.

everyone who has dealt with me knows i am cool to deal with - i donthave a problem refunding anyone and just like the deal to be cool.

oh well you live and learn

by the way, they ebayers name is G4GREEN all you sellers - add him to your blocked list as all hes gonna do is stiff you.

Al

Alan, dont worry, I have this under control. First off he has invalid contact info and if you look at the feedback he left me he made a huge mistake. As we discussed privately I had already made EBay aware of my suspicions and so theyu are already looking into it. Contact Ebay and let them know and we should be able to get this removed pretty soon. I know who it is and as always he is not the brightest bulb in the batch. The person behind this without a doubt is Kevin aka the now suspended keepontheborderlands. :wink: Dont worry this will be resolved in less than a week. :o

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:16 pm 

yea i have contacted ebay and told them - pretty much ties in with what youve just said too, so cool

little shit - he will get it one day

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:23 pm 

Hey Kevin, I know you still read these forums from time to time and all I have to say is hahahahahahaha!!!!! :lol:  You may be the bigeest freakin loser I have ever seen. hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:42 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Hey Kevin, I know you still read these forums from time to time and all I have to say is hahahahahahaha!!!!! :lol: You may be the bigeest freakin loser I have ever seen. hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i shoulda twigged earlier tho - the feckin sap sent an e-cheque before i could invoice. being the nice guy that i am, i even sent the item as a goodwill gesture and he got away with the shipping diff too...

guess i am too good natured

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:02 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:Hey Kevin, I know you still read these forums from time to time and all I have to say is hahahahahahaha!!!!! :lol: You may be the bigeest freakin loser I have ever seen. hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i shoulda twigged earlier tho - the feckin sap sent an e-cheque before i could invoice. being the nice guy that i am, i even sent the item as a goodwill gesture and he got away with the shipping diff too...

guess i am too good natured

Dont worry Al, he didnt get your item, his address is invalid.  Go to USPS - The United States Postal Service (U.S. Postal Service) and here is the Delivery Confirmation Number from my shipment that was sent to his Paypal Confirmed address:  0305 0830 0001 7197 0527 .  He actually spent money to leave me negative feedback. :roll:   Now, not only does he not have his money noir does he have his Magazine, but now he wont even have his negative feedback either. What a freakin loser. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Next