Old Random Thoughts Thread or OT Chit Chat Thread :)
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 6 of 111123, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 109110111
Author

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:49 pm 
 

bclarkie wrote:Boy this thread worked out pretty good. :) It seemed like a good idea to help relieve some traffic off the Interseting items thread.



Speaking of PMs, David, did you get mine?




yeah BC youre quite right - its nice that you can just ramble on .... mind you, i do far too much of that, but at least ppl arent put out on this thread :D



Al



<edit> BC will sort that payment over the weekend ok?



  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:57 pm 
 

killjoy32 wrote:


<edit> BC will sort that payment over the weekend ok?




That is fine, no hurry. :wink:


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1709
Joined: Feb 04, 2004
Last Visit: Aug 23, 2016
Location: Chandler, AZ

Post Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:00 am 
 

Nice to see someone go that extra mile and put in the "grunt" work when listing an item.  



cgi.ebay.com/D-D-Adventure-X12-Skardas- ... dZViewItem



:evil:


"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:01 am 
 

beyondthebreach wrote:Nice to see someone go that extra mile and put in the "grunt" work when listing an item.



cgi.ebay.com/D-D-Adventure-X12-Skardas- ... dZViewItem



:evil:




wow thats a bit out of order aint it!  8O



  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 752
Joined: Jun 29, 2005
Last Visit: Aug 09, 2020
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada, eh?

Post Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:04 pm 
 

beyondthebreach wrote:Nice to see someone go that extra mile and put in the "grunt" work when listing an item.



cgi.ebay.com/D-D-Adventure-X12-Skardas- ... dZViewItem



:evil:




Better than them copying it without giving credit.



Al, no disrespect intended, but I don't know how you're selling any of the TSR common/uncommon stuff on the site. The majority of prices that I looked through (the first two TSR categories) were way, way more than they'd be on eBay :(    Are prices on eBay.co.uk way more than eBay.com?

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:16 pm 
 

GraysonAC wrote:

Al, no disrespect intended, but I don't know how you're selling any of the TSR common/uncommon stuff on the site. The majority of prices that I looked through (the first two TSR categories) were way, way more than they'd be on eBay :(  Are prices on eBay.co.uk way more than eBay.com?




the time i have spent looking, what ppl sell privately is way different to what sells on ebay and believe it or not, a LOT of ppl dont even like ebay.



i have used 6 or 7 sources for prices and we are either the same or lower than them all (and a LOT lower than most of em too).



we are still filling the site up and will take some time yet - as well as all the RPG material to put on, there are about 3,000 miniatures that my mate has.



you cant always base your opinion on "what ebay does"



*goes back to scanning* :)



ps. btw just fyi - ALL of my JG books are cheaper than noble knight games cos i just checked a few hours ago, bar for 4 or 5 items. i share this site with my biz partner and he sets his own prices on his things :)



*shrugs*



i won't even go into certain e-bay shops i was browsing earlier.



  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:18 pm 
 

killjoy32 wrote:


i won't even go into certain e-bay shops i was browsing earlier.




*<Agrees and points to Creep1962 store.>* :roll:


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:54 pm 
 

bclarkie wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:i won't even go into certain e-bay shops i was browsing earlier.


*<Agrees and points to Creep1962 store.>* :roll:


Ever after the $600 reduction... :D

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 752
Joined: Jun 29, 2005
Last Visit: Aug 09, 2020
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada, eh?

Post Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:29 am 
 

killjoy32 wrote:the time i have spent looking, what ppl sell privately is way different to what sells on ebay and believe it or not, a LOT of ppl dont even like ebay.




Good to know. Well, hope it works well for ya :)



i won't even go into certain e-bay shops i was browsing earlier.




That'd be funnier if it wasn't so true :P



Ah well, guys like "them" make the rest of us sane sellers on eBay look all the more enticing ;)

 WWW  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 4751
Joined: Oct 31, 2004
Last Visit: Dec 04, 2021
Location: Garland, TX

Post Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:13 pm 
 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEWA:IT



I didnt see anyone else mention this auction but I figure several of you have noticed it.   Didnt think it fit in the shady sellers thread, just a seller with lots of bad feedback for ungodly shipping practices.  Someone is going to get this item at a very low price but then get screwed on shipping.  If the price stays at $4.50 though it wouldnt be a bad deal even if the shipping was $16.  :?

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:52 am 
 

KingOfPain wrote:
I didnt see anyone else mention this auction but I figure several of you have noticed it.  Didnt think it fit in the shady sellers thread, just a seller with lots of bad feedback for ungodly shipping practices. Someone is going to get this item at a very low price but then get screwed on shipping. If the price stays at $4.50 though it wouldnt be a bad deal even if the shipping was $16. :?




i asked how much shipping to uk was. still waiting for an answer.....



Al



  

User avatar

Verbose Collector

Posts: 1271
Joined: Jan 09, 2005
Last Visit: Nov 17, 2020
Location: Azeroth

Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:22 am 
 

Never dealt with this seller that I remember. May have though. Not accusing them of anything just find the behaviour strange. They have a mixed lot including a Deities & Demigods. I ask them about it in a message because they had it pictured but not listed. I ask them if it was included and and how many pages. First reply was yes it was included but no page information. Sent another inquiry and got back a snide comment....



"come on, are we really concerned with page numbers or the content? why not just ask if it is the version with the cthulu / melnibonean sections? It is not."



My reply...



"I ask by page count because some sellers are not familiar enough with the item and asking about a particular mythos can confuse them. If you knew that was important enough of an item why not list it in your auction description?"



http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... S%3A1&rd=1


Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5648
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Last Visit: Nov 18, 2021
Location: New Hampsha

Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:34 am 
 

Right off the bat I put people like that on the blocked list. No room for cocky asswipes.


If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:52 am 
 

Deadlord36 wrote:Right off the bat I put people like that on the blocked list. No room for cocky asswipes.




yea i agree - i wont bid on principle when someone wants to be such an arse



  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:01 am 
 

Marlith wrote:Never dealt with this seller that I remember. May have though. Not accusing them of anything just find the behaviour strange. They have a mixed lot including a Deities & Demigods. I ask them about it in a message because they had it pictured but not listed. I ask them if it was included and and how many pages. First reply was yes it was included but no page information. Sent another inquiry and got back a snide comment....



"come on, are we really concerned with page numbers or the content? why not just ask if it is the version with the cthulu / melnibonean sections? It is not."



My reply...



"I ask by page count because some sellers are not familiar enough with the item and asking about a particular mythos can confuse them. If you knew that was important enough of an item why not list it in your auction description?"



http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... S%3A1&rd=1




Hmmm, Since it seems to bother them so much, I think I will ask them how many pages are in the Deities & Demigods book. :twisted:  I will post a repsonse if I get it. :wink:  Question:
Dear Seller, I am interested in this lot you have for sale, but I have 2 questions. First off, you have a Deities & Demigods in the picture, but it is not listed in your auction description, so my first question is it included.  My second question stems directly from that one and that is if the Deities & Demigods book is included in this auction, how many pages are in it?  Thanks for your time.


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:23 am 
 

bclarkie wrote:Dear Seller, I am interested in this lot you have for sale, but I have 2 questions. First off, you have a Deities & Demigods in the picture, but it is not listed in your auction description, so my first question is it included. My second question stems directly from that one and that is if the Deities & Demigods book is included in this auction, how many pages are in it? Thanks for your time.
[/quote]



dya know BC i think you just do it on purpose sometimes :D



i have to say, i really don't understand why ppl can be so offhand like that when replying. really doesnt make sense to me.... but then hey what do i know.



  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3798
Joined: Feb 23, 2005
Last Visit: Sep 02, 2021

Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:32 am 
 

Here's a random thought:  what's with the time stamp on these boards?  When I'm not logged in, I see the posts stamped according to my local time.  When I'm logged in, I see them with completely different time stamps.  Can someone explain that to me?

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:41 am 
 

afoolandhis$ wrote:Here's a random thought: what's with the time stamp on these boards? When I'm not logged in, I see the posts stamped according to my local time. When I'm logged in, I see them with completely different time stamps. Can someone explain that to me?




Stephen, check your personal settings under your profile. From there you can set your time. :)


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  
PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 6 of 111123, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 109110111