Old Random Thoughts Thread or OT Chit Chat Thread :)
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 5 of 11112, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:40 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
Just when I thought that you had aspirations of being the next "Coug". 8O Guess We'll have to downgrade you to kitten. :wink:

if i actually managed to win anything useful then i could indeed have some aspiration of something :)

i am quite happy being me, dont need to be upgraded or downgraded :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:44 pm 

dammit i nearly had that tjosconth  :evil:

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:52 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:
Just when I thought that you had aspirations of being the next "Coug". 8O Guess We'll have to downgrade you to kitten. :wink:

if i actually managed to win anything useful then i could indeed have some aspiration of something :)

i am quite happy being me, dont need to be upgraded or downgraded :D

Al, you know I am just teasing right. :)

killjoy32 wrote:dammit i nearly had that tjosconth :evil:

Sorry Al, but I can't say it isn't a surprise who ended up on top of that one.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:14 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
Sorry Al, but I can't say it isn't a surprise who ended up on top of that one.

yeah youre right - was bloody damn close there tho.

i will get the next one. *rolls up sleeves*

still waiting on the mail relating to Pharaoh still.

c'mon man - there is good money to be had here. :D

Al

ps. yeah i know youre teasing. i havent got the patience to aspire to anything anyway :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Site Admin

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:20 pm 

johnhuck wrote:Have 13, 15, 19, 20, 22, 23, 25, 26 in mailers here. Any idea what the last mailer copy is?

I remember mailing covers well into the early 100's, at the very least.  They were plain brown, slip-on covers, though, not actually attached with staples like the earlier covers.

Foul

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:10 pm 

*returns*

Yeah, that was a close one, Al. :(

About time you took up sniping, IMHO. (well worth 16 cents...).

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:15 pm 

*spots a bit of a research topic*

johnhuck wrote:Have 13, 15, 19, 20, 22, 23, 25, 26 in mailers here. Any idea what the last mailer copy is?
mdr003 wrote:I just checked my Dragons, and I have #11 in a mailing cover.
stratochamp wrote:if memory serves ,the mailing covers started with issue 7....
johnhuck wrote:According to
Page Not Found
Dragon #8 is the last confirmed issue with a mailing label.
If that's correct, mailing covers shouldn't have started until #9 at the earliest?

Thanks, y'all... Looks like there's still some work to do (confirmation of lowest and highest number for the attached mailer cover, for a start).

Your copy trumps the #12 listed on the site, Mike. :)
Erm, and did you acquire all those in one go, John? :o

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:41 pm 

harami2000 wrote:*returns*

ya know? i just dont feel right doing that sniping stuff.....feels like being a bad sport somehow :)

mind you...summit to be said for it i guess....them rares are just sooooo tempting....i have to bid :)

ah its all fun

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:52 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:ya know? i just dont feel right doing that sniping stuff.....feels like being a bad sport somehow :)

mind you...summit to be said for it i guess....them rares are just sooooo tempting....i have to bid :)

Freebie trial on BidNip:: Nip it in the Bid .... *tempts Al over to the dark side*

I've moved over there after esnipe trashed my snipe history, plus was getting expensive on UK auctions. 16 cents for any auction win is a lot better, IMHO.

(Oh, and you'd probably still have lost that Tsoj, but not to Jeff ;)).

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:05 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
harami2000 wrote:*returns*

ya know? i just dont feel right doing that sniping stuff.....feels like being a bad sport somehow :)

ah its all fun

Well, here's a test . . . how did it feel when I sniped that Judges Guild lot for you?  Any lingering guilt?  You sure semmed pretty happy!   :D  :D  :D

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:11 pm 

beyondthebreach wrote:Well, here's a test . . . how did it feel when I sniped that Judges Guild lot for you? Any lingering guilt? You sure semmed pretty happy!  :D :D :D

*watches Al closely...*

*vbeg*. thx, btb. :P

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:19 pm 

beyondthebreach wrote:
Well, here's a test . . . how did it feel when I sniped that Judges Guild lot for you? Any lingering guilt? You sure semmed pretty happy! :D :D :D

ah but there you see..."technically" i didnt do it did i :D

so :P

*goes back to sticking stuff on the website*

man this really gets tedious.

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:24 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
beyondthebreach wrote:
Well, here's a test . . . how did it feel when I sniped that Judges Guild lot for you? Any lingering guilt? You sure semmed pretty happy! :D :D :D

ah but there you see..."technically" i didnt do it did i :D

so :P

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Candidate member for "RPG Collectors Anonymous" and "Snipers Anonymous"? :P

Dun worry, Al. You'll be back for just one more. ;)

*twitches....*

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:32 pm 

heheheh yeah. well if the feckin seller didnt have "united states only" on the bloody auction, i wouldnt have asked for BTB's help (top guy that he is)....<p>

that Tjosconth....i *knew* i should have put $950 in.....but i thought i would get away with it...but hey you live and learn - will get it someday have no fear.

i just dont wanna pay MORE fees on top of whatever you pay already.....it all adds up on the quiet....

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:42 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:*goes back to sticking stuff on the website*

man this really gets tedious.

Ah yes, sorry, I forgot to reply on that, Al. PC crashed with various windows open... :(

Dungeons & Dragons (TSR, D&D, AD&D), Judges Guild, White Wolf, etc. for Collectors and Players

Plenty of work in that; and looks it. :)

Isn't the most user-friendly of system/frameworks for categories where there are a large number of items, but still workable. Is quite polished, however; and certainly better feel now, with the increasing population of items.

I prefer most of your JG prices to the rest, btw. (*prods the red Tegel*) ;)

You've still got those Lizard G2 & G3 scans with GW on the descriptions. Think I spotted one other discrepancy, only, but can't recall that at present.

Aside from those observations, was phps unsure as to whether it was a good idea, or not, to list 4, 5, 6+ items of the same type where those are mid-priced. Might trigger a "why pay £14 if they're that common" thought in the potential customer's mind. Wouldn't be so much of an issue with multiple £2 items or £xxx ST1s, phps. ;)

02 cents, only.

(aside: Did you check John re. TBH #23?)

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:50 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:i just dont wanna pay MORE fees on top of whatever you pay already.....it all adds up on the quiet....

repeats... 16 cents per successful snipe, only. Easy enough to factor-in that flat cost, I should think.

And if you're telling me you're not going to "save" much more than that on auctions where you'd otherwise be manually bidding people up on, I'm gonna shake my head right back at ya. ;)

If you'd been sniping, you could also have changed that maximum bid of yours on the Tsoj any time you'd wanted, right up to a few minutes before the end of auction.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:54 pm 

harami2000 wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:

(aside: Did you check John re. TBH #23?)

oh feck yeah i forgot about that totally! *slaps head*

*goes off to PM john*

trouble is with that site. what starts as a good idea, tends to go off on a tangent  quite easily and OS commerce aint as flexible as you would like in certain ways. thanks for the comments tho david. taken notes (with a few more some other friends have piped up with) and will begin reviewing soon. just trying to whack up another load of stuff then gonna go through and start sorting some things on it. me mate has many thousands of miniatures which we are gonna get sorted on there next i think. apparently he has some sets which are almost impossible to obtain. dont ask me cos i have no idea - they were his words ;)

will keep y'all posted on that one tho....

just got carried away reading Ironhoof Highlands....well book 1 anyway.....good book!

i think the idea of having multiples of 1 item up is that have had loads of comments from peeps checking for me. seems everyone looks for diff items of varying conditions, so we felt it was a good idea to like have multiples up in varying conditions to cater for all if you know what i mean.....

once we fill it a lot more tho, will prb adjust the items there anyway to just have a few of each up or something.....we got 1,000's to put on yet...gonna take an age man!

talking of Tegels...i have about 6 1st's sat here that need sorting too :) kinda got carried away obtaining them

one thing we DID try and do tho was price 1/2 at least as cheap as you know who and cheaper than others out there....which i think we did....

plenty of time to get it all ironed out anyway - no rush :)

thanks once again...any further comments are always welcome david, so just mail me when you have some ok?

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:47 pm 

Boy this thread worked out pretty good. :) It seemed like a good idea to help relieve some traffic off the Interseting items thread.

Speaking of PMs, David, did you get mine?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 5 of 11112, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 109110111