Old Random Thoughts Thread or OT Chit Chat Thread :)
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 37 of 111123 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 5:21 am 

works pretty cool for me - i aint half as bad as you BTB :D

i spotted about 30 things i never even noticed before so thats cool :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 12:16 am 

Anyone know who jinzo-ningen is from eBay? Are they a member here?

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 12:20 am 

Xaxaxe wrote:This isn't worth a new thread, but I wondering if anyone has a strong opinion on the Dungeon boardgame? etc., etc.

BTW, thanks for the responses, everyone. I'm researching it now, and I'll probably take a shot on a BIN sometime soon.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 12:27 am 

Marlith wrote:Anyone know who jinzo-ningen is from eBay? Are they a member here?

I am pretty sure that they are not a forum member, but that name is very familiar.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 12:32 am 

bclarkie wrote:
Marlith wrote:Anyone know who jinzo-ningen is from eBay? Are they a member here?

I am pretty sure that they are not a forum member, but that name is very familiar.

As a matter of fact looking at his/her bidding list over the last 4 weeks, now I can understand why that name is familiar:

Welcome to eBay

8O

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 12:36 am 

bclarkie wrote:
bclarkie wrote:

As a matter of fact looking at his/her bidding list over the last 4 weeks, now I can understand why that name is familiar:

Welcome to eBay

8O

Yes. They may be the only person I lose out to more than you and Ian  :lol:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 1:03 am 

Just wondering if anyone uses " snipe software " to place bids on ebay and how that has worked out for you.  It sure does suck losing auctions by mere pennies in the last seconds.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 1:45 am 

Austin499 wrote:Just wondering if anyone uses " snipe software "...

Substitute "not everyone" for "anyone"? :o

A free trial is usually a good way to figure out if it works for you; e.g. link on BidNip:: Nip it in the Bid

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 1:46 am 

Sniping? Never heard of it ... :)

We've got the full cross-section here: those who refuse to snipe and those who couldn't live without it (I almost said "and those who sometimes actually win auctions," but I restrained myself). There is no shortage of opinions, either ... here's three likely looking threads:

Thread one

Thread two

Thread three

I use PowerSnipe, which does not require that I be at my computer when an auction ends (actually, the computer doesn't even have to be on). But it's got an annual fee, which, honestly, I'm less than thrilled about.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 2:23 am 

Austin499 wrote:Just wondering if anyone uses " snipe software " to place bids on ebay and how that has worked out for you.  It sure does suck losing auctions by mere pennies in the last seconds.

nooooooooooooooooooo! dont use sniping software! dont sell your soul and go over to the dark side !!!! :D

i dont use it - i like the kick of the last few seconds. sometimes its ok and well you lose out too (often), but i think its more enjoyable like that. quite a few here use it and it works for them.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 2:42 am 

okay another question for all you long time rpg sellers out there, although Im having a good time bidding every now and then on some items I dont have in my collection yet ( at least till the funds in my paypal account run out) I was thinking about sometime down the road in the future of auctioning off roughly about a fifth from collection ( around 300 items) duplicates or items that I really could live without. I was wondering strategicaly what the best approach would be: open an ebay store , sell in lots, individually, list all 300 items individually in one week or space them out over several weeks, no really rare items, just alot of old modules, rule books, some d20 stuff and assorted misc. odds and ends games... any advice?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 2:48 am 

Austin499 wrote:okay another question for all you long time rpg sellers out there, although Im having a good time bidding every now and then on some items I dont have in my collection yet ( at least till the funds in my paypal account run out) I was thinking about sometime down the road in the future of auctioning off roughly about a fifth from collection ( around 300 items) duplicates or items that I really could live without. I was wondering strategicaly what the best approach would be: open an ebay store , sell in lots, individually, list all 300 items individually in one week or space them out over several weeks, no really rare items, just alot of old modules, rule books, some d20 stuff and assorted misc. odds and ends games... any advice?

have a look around the forum my friend. there are quite a few threads that relate to this as a few ppl have asked the same thing. i would point you to them but am just gonna head off out to work....

:)

Al

***EDIT**

Advice on how to sell off my big Rares

Okay..asking for selling advice

eBay selling advice sought - best way to get started?

these will prb be more than enough to help you decide what you want to do :)

of course, if you are selling any really nice items that you think the folks here would be interested in, why not advertise them in the classifieds section? you never know....folks round here do private trades too...

A.

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 4:26 am 

Austin499 wrote:Just wondering if anyone uses " snipe software " to place bids on ebay and how that has worked out for you.  It sure does suck losing auctions by mere pennies in the last seconds.

Nope..
I'm getting use to the heart pounding when an auction nears its end, course I'm doing less and less buying.
Another reason I hate bidding early is the Ebay emails every day, don't know why I hate them, but I do. I usually bookmark auctions or use the 'watch this auction' feature on Ebay.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 6:44 am 

I prefer whenever possible to manually snipe (ditto to the heart pounding  :) ).  But I do use Bidnip for when I can't be online.  It is not bad at all - no probs so far (although there are some others you could check out).

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 6:57 am 

I use Bidnip...once you start using it you may never want to manually snipe and auction again. I resisted using it until the last few months as I thought it took some of the sport out of the hunt. In the end if all the other hunters are using it you just have to break down and use it to level the playing field  :cry:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:08 am 

Marlith wrote:I use Bidnip...once you start using it you may never want to manually snipe and auction again. I resisted using it until the last few months as I thought it took some of the sport out of the hunt. In the end if all the other hunters are using it you just have to break down and use it to level the playing field  :cry:

well in the end, sniping just means you sometimes dont have to sit down til a ridiculous hour to bid :)

either way, you should always have your max bid planned out (unless you have a moment of madness, like i often do) and then it dont really matter as you will either pay what you were prepared to pay or you will end up still looking (as we most often do) :D

its still all good fun and i just think sniping takes a little of the fun away imo.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 11:41 am 

Sniping does take away the drama of watching an auction end and sweating out the last few seconds.

However, it has a few benefits:

1)  Keeps prices low. (People outbidding each other with five days to go....why?  Bidding wars serve the seller, not the buyers.)

2)  Keeps you from spending too much.  (Set what you are willing to pay and walk away with a clear conscience.)

3)  Snipes can be retracted if you change your mind. (The last time I didn't snipe a much better auction appeared the next day.)

4)  Sniping has a drama all its own.  (You figure what others will do.  You worry that someone will "out" your target on the Acaeum.  You consider whether or not Mishrah is lurking with his own snipe.  You watch as the newbs carry on their pathetic bidding wars.  You picture their smiles of joy with seconds to go...then...KAPOW!  Mishrah snipes you down.  Oh well, another one will come along and it's all just fun and games anyway.  Losing an auction costs nothing.)

Then again, at least one major collecter (the collector, actually) on the Acaeum pursues an anaconda strategy.  He places an early, low-to-middle bid on just about everything and counts upon volume and attrition to build his collection.

It's all just paper.

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 11:44 am 

By the way:

http://www.auctionsniper.com

You get the first several winning bids for free.

You pay a small fee (usually 25 cents) for winning snipes.

You only pay for winners.

They keep records for you and have options for planning multiple bids.

You get free updates on your auctions...which can be good and bad.

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 37 of 111123 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 109110111