Old Random Thoughts Thread or OT Chit Chat Thread :)
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 35 of 111123 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 109110111
Author

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 6:56 pm 

Wow, not sure I understand the anger there ...

I'd guess this is a buyer who thinks "$2.50 is $2.50; maybe no one else will bid." Or maybe it's one of those people who just have to feel like they're getting a bargain. Who knows?

It's certainly not worth getting worked up over, though.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 7:01 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:Wow, not sure I understand the anger there ...

I'd guess this is a buyer who thinks "$2.50 is $2.50; maybe no one else will bid." Or maybe it's one of those people who just have to feel like they're getting a bargain. Who knows?

It's certainly not worth getting worked up over, though.

Its not so much anger as much it is frustration.  I could have had that set for $12.50, which is well below it will now go for, but instead the bidder in question knocked off the BIN with really no other intention of just knocking it off for the hell of it.  The frustrating part of it all is that it is not the first time that bidder has done that.  I just don't understand the thought process behind doing it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 7:46 pm 

Ask him. He is a member here, I believe.
If you wanted the set, why didn't you take it at $12.50?

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 8:04 pm 

The bidder could also just have been doing their good deed for the day and helped out the seller.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 9:14 pm 

Mars wrote:The bidder could also just have been doing their good deed for the day and helped out the seller.

Maybe. :?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 9:34 pm 

bidder in question knocked off the BIN with really no other intention of just knocking it off for the hell of it.

Or maybe his intention is to keep his fingers crossed and get the lot for $10 - stranger things have happened :lol:
BTW - what are the rules for BINS disappearing? - I had a lot up once with a BIN of £12(IIRC) which went for more than £25 - what's going on?

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 9:39 pm 

The BIN stays up until the reserve price is met.  If there is no reserve then it is up until the first bid.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 9:43 pm 

How much is the #3002 Gamma World book and map (2nd printing) worth? (I don't have the box or any other contents)

ShaneG.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 9:44 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:If you wanted the set, why didn't you take it at $12.50?

Yeah, maybe I'll get a 15-yard penalty for piling on here, but I gotta agree. If you see a BIN on eBay that really grabs your attention, you've got to pull the trigger. There's no guarantees out there.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 4:40 am 

thehiddenone wrote:This had an opening bid of $10.00 and a BIN of $12.50:

Dungeons and Dragons GreyHawk Book Box Set | eBay

But for some reason someone just knocked the BIN off and didn't buy it.  Why?  Why not just buy the f**king thing or leave the BIN alone????  It makes NO sense.

can understand what youre saying, but dont really see the problem. some ppl like to do biz that way? dont see any harm in trying to get it a little cheaper really....always a gamble but hey.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 4:42 am 

Xaxaxe wrote:

Yeah, maybe I'll get a 15-yard penalty for piling on here, but I gotta agree. If you see a BIN on eBay that really grabs your attention, you've got to pull the trigger. There's no guarantees out there.

yup with y'all on that one.

i see a lot of sellers nowadays doing that. some ppl want things cheaper and will try that route but it can sometimes turn out that it will sell for a lot more.

for some odd reason i notice that not everyone likes to just hit a BIN.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 7:33 am 

Xaxaxe wrote:

Because by the time I had gotten there the BIN was gone.  It showed on ebays main page with a BIN still, but that page wasnt updated yet. When I clicked on the auction, it was already gone.  I missed it by probably seconds.  I still can't fathom the need to do it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 7:48 am 

thehiddenone wrote:Because by the time I had gotten there the BIN was gone.  It showed on ebays main page with a BIN still, but that page wasnt updated yet. When I clicked on the auction, it was already gone.  I missed it by probably seconds.  I still can't fathom the need to do it.

to each their own my friend.

some sellers put the opening bid at what they want for the item and then a BIN a little higher. as its not much higher than the opening bid, some buyers like to just get it there and then....some like to see out the gamble.  sometimes it just depends what the item is. a lot of big sellers tend to do things that way and you see it all the time.

such is life.... its not like the item is that rare and no doubt loads will come around again so you will more than get your chance to swipe another before long :D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 9:28 am 

I do not know if I should post this here, but I cannot find any other place so here will have to do.

I play 3e every other friday with my group.  During last friday play, while ransacking a dungeon of our DM's own making (with characters at 5th level), we rounded a corner and 60 feet down the torchlit hallway was a Beholder  8O .  A loud yell of "RUN AWAY" was uttered by all in our group.  We ran (I am not ashamed), we broke distance records.

Just needed to get that off my chest.

Martin

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 9:37 am 

Prufrock wrote:I do not know if I should post this here, but I cannot find any other place so here will have to do.

I play 3e every other friday with my group.  During last friday play, while ransacking a dungeon of our DM's own making (with characters at 5th level), we rounded a corner and 60 feet down the torchlit hallway was a Beholder  8O .  A loud yell of "RUN AWAY" was uttered by all in our group.  We ran (I am not ashamed), we broke distance records.

Just needed to get that off my chest.

Martin

errrr ok :)

mind you, i would have done that if someone had offered for me to PLAY 3e :D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 5:50 pm 

That was one lucky beholder!

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 8:03 pm 

nah, it was probably a gas spore (in 3E it might have been a half-dragon/half gnome/half black puddin/half rice pudding/paladin/assassin gas spore! :lol: )

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 10:39 pm 

gyg wrote:nah, it was probably a gas spore (in 3E it might have been a half-dragon/half gnome/half black puddin/half rice pudding/paladin/assassin gas spore! :lol: )

or a flying christmas pudding that some wizard (or whatever the 3E terminology is for one of these :D ) was levitating just to have a little fun :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 35 of 111123 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 109110111