Old Random Thoughts Thread or OT Chit Chat Thread :)
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 34 of 111123 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 109110111
Author

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 4505
Joined: Nov 08, 2002
Last Visit: Nov 27, 2021
Location: Land of 10,000 ponds

Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2006 4:54 pm 
 

Xaxaxe wrote:When three monster manuals just aren't enough ...

Monster Manual IV


If Frank can think up new monsters, so can WotC :wink:

ShaneG.

 WWW  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 4505
Joined: Nov 08, 2002
Last Visit: Nov 27, 2021
Location: Land of 10,000 ponds

Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2006 8:10 pm 
 

I have two EX2 Land Beyond the Magic Mirror modules, both look identical, but one has a booklet with 2 staples and the other has 3 staples. Was this common to do for TSR, or does the number of staples mean another printing?

ShaneG.

 WWW  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 4505
Joined: Nov 08, 2002
Last Visit: Nov 27, 2021
Location: Land of 10,000 ponds

Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:11 pm 
 

FR4 Magister

   * First:  Address of TSR UK, on the back, is Rathmore Road.  No internal differences noted.cover: words in green box are white
      http://i4.tinypic.com/1057cpy.jpg

   * Second:  Address of TSR UK is now 120 Church End.  No internal differences noted.  (Thanks to Michael Deaton for this info).cover: words in green box are light yellow. Paper is darker (text maybe lighter because of it or lighter also)
http://i4.tinypic.com/1057cwk.jpg

ShaneG.

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:27 pm 
 

Plaag wrote:FR4 Magister

   * First:  Address of TSR UK, on the back, is Rathmore Road.  No internal differences noted.cover: words in green box are white
      http://i4.tinypic.com/1057cpy.jpg

   * Second:  Address of TSR UK is now 120 Church End.  No internal differences noted.  (Thanks to Michael Deaton for this info).cover: words in green box are light yellow. Paper is darker (text maybe lighter because of it or lighter also)
http://i4.tinypic.com/1057cwk.jpg

ShaneG.


ya know my friend, you have FAAAAR too much time on your hands :)

Al



  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 4505
Joined: Nov 08, 2002
Last Visit: Nov 27, 2021
Location: Land of 10,000 ponds

Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:40 pm 
 

Just going through some things as I bag and board them :P

ShaneG.

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:44 pm 
 

Plaag wrote:Just going through some things as I bag and board them :P

ShaneG.


heheh :) yeah i should do that someday but never seem to have the time to get around to it somehow.

Al



  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6720
Joined: Jul 16, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 02, 2021

Post Posted: Sat May 20, 2006 1:30 am 
 

killjoy32 wrote:
Plaag wrote:FR4 Magister

   * First:  Address of TSR UK, on the back, is Rathmore Road.  No internal differences noted.cover: words in green box are white
      http://i4.tinypic.com/1057cpy.jpg

   * Second:  Address of TSR UK is now 120 Church End.  No internal differences noted.  (Thanks to Michael Deaton for this info).cover: words in green box are light yellow. Paper is darker (text maybe lighter because of it or lighter also)
http://i4.tinypic.com/1057cwk.jpg

ShaneG.


ya know my friend, you have FAAAAR too much time on your hands :)

Al


Says the Englishman with 3577 posts!   8O  :lol:


"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Sat May 20, 2006 5:34 am 
 

MShipley88 wrote:Says the Englishman with 3577 posts!   8O  :lol:


well other than work, seeing the kids every other weekend, training most of the time and listening to a little music and watching the odd film, i generally dont do anything, so i gotta do SOMETHING...and post here is a good option :)

Al



  


Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 2884
Joined: Nov 04, 2004
Last Visit: May 09, 2020

Post Posted: Sat May 20, 2006 5:24 pm 
 

At one time, didn't we all want to have cool forts for our D&D characters? Now is your big chance:

Fort for sale

 WWW  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3861
Joined: Feb 21, 2004
Last Visit: Jul 20, 2021
Location: Milford, Michigan

Post Posted: Sat May 20, 2006 10:13 pm 
 

Plaag wrote:I have two EX2 Land Beyond the Magic Mirror modules, both look identical, but one has a booklet with 2 staples and the other has 3 staples. Was this common to do for TSR, or does the number of staples mean another printing?

ShaneG.


It is bad enough we have to own one of those modules, but two... 8O

I'll check staple count on mine. I also get several a year that pass through ebay. I will make a point to check for consistency.


And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

 WWW  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 4505
Joined: Nov 08, 2002
Last Visit: Nov 27, 2021
Location: Land of 10,000 ponds

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 4:30 am 
 

bbarsh wrote:
Plaag wrote:I have two EX2 Land Beyond the Magic Mirror modules, both look identical, but one has a booklet with 2 staples and the other has 3 staples. Was this common to do for TSR, or does the number of staples mean another printing?

ShaneG.


It is bad enough we have to own one of those modules, but two... 8O

I'll check staple count on mine. I also get several a year that pass through ebay. I will make a point to check for consistency.


Thanks.
I didn't intend to keep two, but well now I will (even if it doesn't pan out as anything special)

ShaneG.

 WWW  


Active Collector

Posts: 63
Joined: May 14, 2006
Last Visit: Aug 26, 2017

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 6:44 pm 
 

This had an opening bid of $10.00 and a BIN of $12.50:

Dungeons and Dragons GreyHawk Book Box Set | eBay

But for some reason someone just knocked the BIN off and didn't buy it.  Why?  Why not just buy the f**king thing or leave the BIN alone????  It makes NO sense.

  


Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 2884
Joined: Nov 04, 2004
Last Visit: May 09, 2020

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 6:56 pm 
 

Wow, not sure I understand the anger there ...

I'd guess this is a buyer who thinks "$2.50 is $2.50; maybe no one else will bid." Or maybe it's one of those people who just have to feel like they're getting a bargain. Who knows?

It's certainly not worth getting worked up over, though.

 WWW  


Active Collector

Posts: 63
Joined: May 14, 2006
Last Visit: Aug 26, 2017

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 7:01 pm 
 

Xaxaxe wrote:Wow, not sure I understand the anger there ...

I'd guess this is a buyer who thinks "$2.50 is $2.50; maybe no one else will bid." Or maybe it's one of those people who just have to feel like they're getting a bargain. Who knows?

It's certainly not worth getting worked up over, though.


Its not so much anger as much it is frustration.  I could have had that set for $12.50, which is well below it will now go for, but instead the bidder in question knocked off the BIN with really no other intention of just knocking it off for the hell of it.  The frustrating part of it all is that it is not the first time that bidder has done that.  I just don't understand the thought process behind doing it.

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5648
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Last Visit: Nov 18, 2021
Location: New Hampsha

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 7:46 pm 
 

Ask him. He is a member here, I believe.
If you wanted the set, why didn't you take it at $12.50?


If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 6098
Joined: May 03, 2003
Last Visit: Nov 05, 2021
Location: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 8:04 pm 
 

The bidder could also just have been doing their good deed for the day and helped out the seller.

 WWW  


Active Collector

Posts: 63
Joined: May 14, 2006
Last Visit: Aug 26, 2017

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 9:14 pm 
 

Mars wrote:The bidder could also just have been doing their good deed for the day and helped out the seller.


Maybe. :?

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector

Posts: 1886
Joined: Mar 26, 2004
Last Visit: Nov 24, 2021
Location: UK

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 9:34 pm 
 

bidder in question knocked off the BIN with really no other intention of just knocking it off for the hell of it.

Or maybe his intention is to keep his fingers crossed and get the lot for $10 - stranger things have happened :lol:
BTW - what are the rules for BINS disappearing? - I had a lot up once with a BIN of £12(IIRC) which went for more than £25 - what's going on?


You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

  
PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 34 of 111123 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 109110111