Old Random Thoughts Thread or OT Chit Chat Thread :)
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 4 of 11112, 3, 4, 5 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:08 am 

harami2000 wrote:

I did slink one nice one from <quiltmom>, but it cost me a bit...

eBay.com Item Bid History

That is defintely the key to beating quiltmom, come in late, very late. :twisted:  It appears to be nice copy though, so hopefully it turns out that way.

mdr003 wrote: Hi Brian -

Thanks for the bids, it's appreciated! That's exactly where the money is going, to the seller of the WoM. Actually, I had another sizable win a couple of days ago and I'm feeling pretty stretched right now -

cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt ... 5243911272

A big C&S lot, including a couple of hard to find books.

If I'd won the Archaic as well, I'd be struggling to cover it all at once without delving into the credit card so its probably just as well.

Regards

Mike

Thanks Mike, just paid. :)   Funny you mention that C&S lot there, becasue I actually posted it in the Intersting Non TSR Items on Ebay thread about a week ago, so I am starting to get the feeling that I am being watched. 8O  :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:12 pm 

harami2000 wrote:I did slink one nice one from <quiltmom>, but it cost me a bit...

Mmmmmm! We like mailing covers. Or ye olde shrinkwrappe as I prefer to think of them. :wink:

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:11 pm 

johnhuck wrote:
harami2000 wrote:I did slink one nice one from <quiltmom>, but it cost me a bit...

Mmmmmm! We like mailing covers. Or ye olde shrinkwrappe as I prefer to think of them. :wink:

Shrinkwrap you can look inside. Even better... :P

*nods*. Is only the second #13 I recall seeing in mailer (I think). And the earliest mailer noted is still only #12, no?

Certainly add a bit of variety in terms of "looks". :)

Also, what caught my eye on the auction description was "i also have other editions of the mag for sale".

Oh boy, I never knew shipping charges from the US could be so high! :oops:

Yep, Brian; it's almost pointless trying to fight out the Dragons with <quiltmom>... :?

bclarkie wrote:Thanks Mike, just paid. :) Funny you mention that C&S lot there, becasue I actually posted it in the Intersting Non TSR Items on Ebay thread about a week ago, so I am starting to get the feeling that I am being watched. 8O :wink:

*g*. I don't watch FGU stuff as much as I should, but I'd still spotted that lot. A bit too much for me for Arden and the other two I might be missing.

Very nice lot, though.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:40 pm 

harami2000 wrote:
johnhuck wrote:

Shrinkwrap you can look inside. Even better... :P

*nods*. Is only the second #13 I recall seeing in mailer (I think). And the earliest mailer noted is still only #12, no?

Certainly add a bit of variety in terms of "looks". :)

Have 13, 15, 19, 20, 22, 23, 25, 26 in mailers here.  Any idea what the last mailer copy is?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:44 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Thanks Mike, just paid. :)  Funny you mention that C&S lot there, becasue I actually posted it in the Intersting Non TSR Items on Ebay thread about a week ago, so I am starting to get the feeling that I am being watched. 8O :wink:

It must feel that way sometimes... I had the C&S lot on my watch list already though. Like most people here I have a set of keywords I search for every couple of days... FGU, Guidon, Metagaming, etc - so I manage to find most of that stuff on my own; although there have been items now and again that I would have missed if it were not for a post on here.

I figur ethough if someone posts a link in the Interesting Items thread, they've relinquished all rights to it and in fact are INVITING people to bid on it....  :lol:

Speaking of mailing covers, David - I think I have an issue with a mailing cover which may be earlier than 13 - I'll check and let you know if so.

Regards

Mike

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:47 pm 

harami2000 wrote:Is only the second #13 I recall seeing in mailer (I think). And the earliest mailer noted is still only #12, no?

I just checked my Dragons, and I have #11 in a mailing cover.

Regards

Mike

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:07 pm 

if memory serves ,the mailing covers started with issue 7....

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:35 am 

stratochamp wrote:if memory serves ,the mailing covers started with issue 7....

According to

Page Not Found

Dragon #8 is the last confirmed issue with a mailing label.

If that's correct, mailing covers shouldn't have started until #9 at the earliest?

Will check my mailing labels tonight.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:02 pm 

I just updated the title of thi thread so that it relays better now to what will be contained.  :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:03 pm 

*<drags down response from interesting items on EBay thread>*

killjoy32 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:
Aside, I am surprised that am still on top after 5 hours even with the bids that I did place. :?

thats cos i aint been given the thumbs up to bid yet. just wait til i do chummer :twisted:

Heh, you are pretty confdent that you will get the okay I see. You know that "I am a Titanium Rated Powerseller" stuff doesn't always fly you know. :twisted: :P :lol:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:49 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
Heh, you are pretty confdent that you will get the okay I see. You know that "I am a Titanium Rated Powerseller" stuff doesn't always fly you know. :twisted: :P :lol:

actually you know what...i aint all that bothered really tbh. i am content to save up a shitload and just go along to gencon, which i fully intend to do and just pick up what i can there.

IF i get the nod i will most certainly bid thats for sure.

well i aint selling enough to "powersell" atm cos i am re-directing most of my stuff onto my website, cos i hate ebay really, so will prb get dropped off the powerseller thing before long.

i was only on the "tin plated plastic" level anyway :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:54 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:

actually you know what...i aint all that bothered really tbh. i am content to save up a shitload and just go along to gencon, which i fully intend to do and just pick up what i can there.

IF i get the nod i will most certainly bid thats for sure.

well i aint selling enough to "powersell" atm cos i am re-directing most of my stuff onto my website, cos i hate ebay really, so will prb get dropped off the powerseller thing before long.

i was only on the "tin plated plastic" level anyway :)

Al

Just when I thought that you had aspirations of being the next "Coug". 8O Guess We'll have to downgrade you to kitten. :wink:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:40 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
Just when I thought that you had aspirations of being the next "Coug". 8O Guess We'll have to downgrade you to kitten. :wink:

if i actually managed to win anything useful then i could indeed have some aspiration of something :)

i am quite happy being me, dont need to be upgraded or downgraded :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:44 pm 

dammit i nearly had that tjosconth  :evil:

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:52 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:

if i actually managed to win anything useful then i could indeed have some aspiration of something :)

i am quite happy being me, dont need to be upgraded or downgraded :D

Al, you know I am just teasing right. :)

killjoy32 wrote:dammit i nearly had that tjosconth :evil:

Sorry Al, but I can't say it isn't a surprise who ended up on top of that one.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:14 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
Sorry Al, but I can't say it isn't a surprise who ended up on top of that one.

yeah youre right - was bloody damn close there tho.

i will get the next one. *rolls up sleeves*

still waiting on the mail relating to Pharaoh still.

c'mon man - there is good money to be had here. :D

Al

ps. yeah i know youre teasing. i havent got the patience to aspire to anything anyway :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Site Admin

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:20 pm 

johnhuck wrote:Have 13, 15, 19, 20, 22, 23, 25, 26 in mailers here. Any idea what the last mailer copy is?

I remember mailing covers well into the early 100's, at the very least.  They were plain brown, slip-on covers, though, not actually attached with staples like the earlier covers.

Foul

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:10 pm 

*returns*
killjoy32 wrote:dammit i nearly had that tjosconth :evil:

Yeah, that was a close one, Al. :(

About time you took up sniping, IMHO. (well worth 16 cents...).

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 4 of 11112, 3, 4, 5 ... 109110111