Old Random Thoughts Thread or OT Chit Chat Thread :)
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 26 of 111123 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 109110111
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:13 am 

johnhuck wrote:
bclarkie wrote:If its any consolation to you John, my high school Spanish teacher had hers up for over 3 years.  Granted it was a fake one, but still. :wink:

Thank you for those words of comfort :D .  I managed to get to August about 3 years ago with an artificial tree.  And I thought it a sound argument that it was a pointless exercise taking it down at that point; being well over half way to next Christmas.  But all that I got was one of those "JFDI" looks :(

At least your tree was inside where no one else could see it.  I still have to take down the outside Xmas lights.

It's too cold outside to climb on a ladder!  Why can't Xmas be celebrated around the middle of summer?   :D

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:16 am 

JohnGaunt wrote:It's too cold outside to climb on a ladder!  Why can't Xmas be celebrated around the middle of summer?   :D

It is in some places.  8O

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:46 am 

johnhuck wrote:
Marlith wrote:
Should send that into Post Secret  :lol:

Actually, most of the needles had already decided to take themselves down some time ago.  What I actually removed was an elaborate collection of twigs.

When I was in University many moons ago me and my roomate put up a tree and did not take it down until we moved out 4 years later.  It became a running joke among my friends so we really couldn't take it down.

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:11 pm 

Doing some pre-spring cleaning (and inventoring) I had a question on G1-3. Page Not Found
I have either a 1st or 2nd print, but what are 'scratch marks' on the illustrations?

ShaneG.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:32 pm 

Plaag wrote:Doing some pre-spring cleaning (and inventoring) I had a question on G1-3. Page Not Found
I have either a 1st or 2nd print, but what are 'scratch marks' on the illustrations?

ShaneG.

Are you talking about the illustrations in the module?
Or the image on this site? Page Not Found

If the latter, isn't it the shhrinkwrap seams?  If the former, I'll have to dig out my copy to see what you mean.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:50 pm 

johnhuck wrote:
Plaag wrote:Doing some pre-spring cleaning (and inventoring) I had a question on G1-3. Page Not Found

ShaneG.

Are you talking about the illustrations in the module?
Or the image on this site? Page Not Found

If the latter, isn't it the shhrinkwrap seams?  If the former, I'll have to dig out my copy to see what you mean.

Latter as noted in site description (Second:  Described as having minor scratch marks on interior illustrations cleaned up; this print is unconfirmed.)

ShaneG.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:52 pm 

Plaag wrote:Latter as noted in site description (Second:  Described as having minor scratch marks on interior illustrations cleaned up; this print is unconfirmed.)

ShaneG.

Yes, would help if I'd bothered to read it :oops:

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:58 pm 

Hello... there's something missing here;
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8770262350

Surely some mistake? ;)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:19 pm 

faro wrote:Hello... there's something missing here;
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8770262350

Surely some mistake? ;)

whats the matter with that?

prb not paying enough attention.....

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:40 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:whats the matter with that?

prb not paying enough attention.....

Oh, I was meaning further towards the right-hand side of the screen, just under the "Seller information" title, actually. :)
Unless I'm missing some sort of glitch or feature in how the user info is being displayed...

=

*lol* at latest feedback page

> Nice item P&P a little high though £4 for one book ::: Buyer ashenkorren ( 204) Feb-25-06 09:20 8755357645
> Reply by cougarrinard: hardback book, boxed for postal protection, sorry teleporter broke, had to PO it

Gee, that's actually funny for a change... :P

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:58 pm 

Lack of photos strikes again... Would've been a snip for a UK buyer.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8767580298
#10,11,12,13,21,23,37,38,40,41,42,44,47,48,49: $52

(Dragon #21 is a nuisance to find, too)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:15 pm 

I'm am so poor, I can't afford a vwl.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:11 pm 

I have a random, off-topic question for any of our Italian friends: how have you all been faring with the Olympic Games bringing its own unique form of chaos to your land?

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:35 pm 

Zippanthropus wrote:I'm am so poor, I can't afford a vwl.

M lkng lswhr, snc "snip" not "snipe" ws ntntnl ;)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:56 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:I have a random, off-topic question for any of our Italian friends: how have you all been faring with the Olympic Games bringing its own unique form of chaos to your land?

Well, first of all, the Olympic Games were geographically restricted in the snow centers of Piemonte. I live about 400 kilometers away from Torino, and I did not feel the impact of the Games. I have also gone to the mountains for a week, but again I was in a completely different location, so apart from people speacking of the Games there was nothing.

Beyond that, I was sometimes captured in front of the TV watching those disciplines that interested me most, but it would not have been that different if the Games were in Argentina. Knowing they were in Italy might give a different feeling, but again, for me and many other Italians, it was just a far away show on the TV.

If any, I have felt a bad effect before the Olympic Games, but that's not because of the Games, but because of idiots (oh, Italians can be VERY idiot at times). There was some disorder in Piemonte (which also extended to the opposite part of Italy, don't ask me why, but when it's time to make disorder some factions of Italy rush in regardless of whether they have any reason at all), due to a tunnel being built and the people living there not wanting it; for some unexplained reason, the disorder also turned against the incoming Games. People began demonstrating against the Olympic Games, waving some lovely flags depicting the five circles over a skull in a black background and such. The course of the torch also suffered slight deviations because of these demonstrations.

I do not know the reason of such stupid behavior. I suppose it has something to do with the anti-American feeling that some Italians like to show (oh well, of course I don't understand the reason of that feeling either), and the fact that these very knowledgeable people might associate the Games with America and that means they're evil. This of course supersedes the fact that Olympic Games existed in Greece well over 2 millennia before the USA were proclaimed and have been reestablished by a French baron, but I don't think they care that much about this, as long as they have an excuse to cause disorder.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:38 pm 

I believe our very own Rosenkav is from the area, though. Wait, let me check ... yep, he lists Turin* as his hometown. I hope you survived the madness, Franz! :)

+++++

*Or Torino, if you're an NBC television executive who thinks that us dumb Americans will be more impressed by that spelling.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:07 am 

Xaxaxe wrote:*Or Torino, if you're an NBC television executive who thinks that us dumb Americans will be more impressed by that spelling.

Well, no one calls New York "Nuova York", or Los Angeles "Gli Angeli" or Washington "Tonnellata Da Lavare". So I don't really understand when people feel the need to translate the names of our cities. I think the NBC television executive actually has a point.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:46 am 

Is anyone on the board a land surveyor?

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 26 of 111123 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 109110111