Old Random Thoughts Thread or OT Chit Chat Thread :)
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 24 of 111123 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 109110111
Author

User avatar

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1253
Joined: Jan 01, 2003
Last Visit: Nov 28, 2022

Post Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:55 pm 
 

bclarkie wrote:Wow!! This went a lot cheaper than I thought it was going to go for:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

Nice win stratochamp. :)  Where was everyone else on this one? I didnt expect it to go over $1000 or anything, but geez $66.66? :o


I probably would have bid on it if the burntbrothers hadn't advertised that it was also available in Polyhedron... I actually didn't know that until this auction, and then felt little need to bid.  Perhaps others felt the same way.

  


Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1043
Joined: Jan 06, 2004
Last Visit: Jul 01, 2020
Location: Leicester, UK

Post Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:15 pm 
 

No time to trawl through the hundreds of unread posts.  So, apologies if I'm repeating someone.

True Love is but a +2 Broadsword away. :lol:
Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Fleeting visit.  Tax return deadline midnight 31/1/2006.  And I'm too Yorkshire not to do it myself.  Bye...

  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3804
Joined: Feb 23, 2005
Last Visit: Nov 14, 2022

Post Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:08 pm 
 

johnhuck wrote:No time to trawl through the hundreds of unread posts. So, apologies if I'm repeating someone.

True Love is but a +2 Broadsword away. :lol:
Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Fleeting visit. Tax return deadline midnight 31/1/2006. And I'm too Yorkshire not to do it myself. Bye...


Welcome back, John, however briefly.  I was wondering whether you'd been taken down by one of those vicious black belts or something.

  


Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1043
Joined: Jan 06, 2004
Last Visit: Jul 01, 2020
Location: Leicester, UK

Post Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:07 am 
 

afoolandhis$ wrote:Welcome back, John, however briefly. I was wondering whether you'd been taken down by one of those vicious black belts or something.


All too frequently I'm afraid.  But I'm hoping to join that rank in one discipline in the next year and start dishing out some of my own cans of whup-ass :wink: Just need to avoid the injuries.  :?

And as we're on the subject, this also made me laugh
Chuck Norris Facts |

  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3804
Joined: Feb 23, 2005
Last Visit: Nov 14, 2022

Post Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:11 am 
 

johnhuck wrote:And as we're on the subject, this also made me laugh
Chuck Norris Facts |


Oh my god, what a good laugh.

A couple of my favorites:

In an average living room there are 1,242 objects Chuck Norris could use to kill you, including the room itself.


Chuck Norris discovered a new theory of relativity involving multiple universes in which Chuck Norris is even more badass than in this one. When it was discovered by Albert Einstein and made public, Chuck Norris roundhouse-kicked him in the face. We know Albert Einstein today as Stephen Hawking.


If you can see Chuck Norris, he can see you. If you can't see Chuck Norris, you may be only seconds away from death.

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 7975
Joined: Jun 23, 2003
Last Visit: Dec 04, 2022
Location: DFW TX

Post Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:47 am 
 

afoolandhis$ wrote:
johnhuck wrote:And as we're on the subject, this also made me laugh
Chuck Norris Facts |


Oh my god, what a good laugh.

A couple of my favorites:

In an average living room there are 1,242 objects Chuck Norris could use to kill you, including the room itself.


Chuck Norris discovered a new theory of relativity involving multiple universes in which Chuck Norris is even more badass than in this one. When it was discovered by Albert Einstein and made public, Chuck Norris roundhouse-kicked him in the face. We know Albert Einstein today as Stephen Hawking.


If you can see Chuck Norris, he can see you. If you can't see Chuck Norris, you may be only seconds away from death.


My brother worked for Chuck Norris for several years when he was part owner of Lone Wolf cigars (the other owner was Jim Belushi).  Apparantly in real life Chuck was as dull as dishwater and a nice guy.  The comedy was his entourage of hangers on (yes, Chuck had a large entourage) including his business managers and accountants who were all cheerfully unrepentant crooks, scumbags and weasels.  Tons of hilarious stories there.

Mike B.

 WWW  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6455
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Sep 10, 2022

Post Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:26 pm 
 

Alright, I am borrowing a link from DF again, but it is super funny, so I just had to share:

Star Wars Subbed in 1337


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3804
Joined: Feb 23, 2005
Last Visit: Nov 14, 2022

Post Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:02 am 
 

bclarkie wrote:Alright, I am borrowing a link from DF again, but it is super funny, so I just had to share:

Star Wars Subbed in 1337


Man, I'm lost.  What is 1337?

  


Active Collector

Posts: 88
Joined: Nov 03, 2005
Last Visit: Aug 22, 2007
Location: Northampton, England.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:51 pm 
 

afoolandhis$ wrote:
bclarkie wrote:Alright, I am borrowing a link from DF again, but it is super funny, so I just had to share:

Star Wars Subbed in 1337


Man, I'm lost. What is 1337?


Most of the words (and meanins) covered here: Leet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Although there are some on-line roleplaying terms chucked in to that prolly require explanation! Mostly from Dark Age of Camelot. Can provide a translation of those if you're that interested? (Doubtful I think!)

I thought it was very funny but there's alot of in-jokes I guess.

  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3804
Joined: Feb 23, 2005
Last Visit: Nov 14, 2022

Post Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:58 pm 
 

Lewisexi wrote:
Most of the words (and meanins) covered here: Leet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


Thanks.  Now I actually feel good about not getting it.

  


Active Collector

Posts: 88
Joined: Nov 03, 2005
Last Visit: Aug 22, 2007
Location: Northampton, England.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:07 pm 
 

afoolandhis$ wrote:
Lewisexi wrote:
Most of the words (and meanins) covered here: Leet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


Thanks. Now I actually feel good about not getting it.


Now I feel like a complete nerd for getting ALL of it :D

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 4752
Joined: Oct 31, 2004
Last Visit: Nov 06, 2022
Location: Garland, TX

Post Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:36 pm 
 

johnhuck wrote:
afoolandhis$ wrote:Welcome back, John, however briefly. I was wondering whether you'd been taken down by one of those vicious black belts or something.


All too frequently I'm afraid. But I'm hoping to join that rank in one discipline in the next year and start dishing out some of my own cans of whup-ass :wink: Just need to avoid the injuries. :?

And as we're on the subject, this also made me laugh
Chuck Norris Facts |


A couple of my favorites:

Chuck Norris and Mr. T walked into a bar. The bar was instantly destroyed, as that level of awesome cannot be contained in one building.


Chuck Norris can hit you so hard that he can actually alter your DNA. Decades from now your descendants will occasionally clutch their heads and yell "What The Fuck was That?"


I have been laughing non-stop for the last 10 minutes.  My head hurts now.  :D

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6455
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Sep 10, 2022

Post Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:29 pm 
 

OKay, dumb question here. Does anybody have any idea as to that heck that little red square in this auction with the Mentzer Basic Set books:

Dungeons and Dragons Dice Lot | eBay

Never saw anything like it before. Anyone have any clue as to what it is?


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 4534
Joined: Nov 08, 2002
Last Visit: Dec 05, 2022
Location: Land of 10,000 ponds

Post Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:33 pm 
 

Think that says 'Products of your imagination' above that picture..a catalog perhaps (have never seen one either)

ShaneG.

 WWW  


Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 2884
Joined: Nov 04, 2004
Last Visit: May 09, 2020

Post Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:44 pm 
 

bclarkie wrote:Anyone have any clue as to what it is?

Catalogue? (he said with much hesitation ...)

 WWW  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 3155
Joined: Nov 21, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 05, 2016
Location: UK

Post Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:34 pm 
 

Did the sellotape, freebie rust monster and general poor condition put anyone off bidding on the Dungeoneer and the correction sheet? ;)
4th- with all supps; $142
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8758265885
(Aside from the GH (3rd?), how many of the others were 1st prints?)

Stephen's 5th w/o extras at $138 was a lot nicer!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8759285722
Those non-OCE boxes are rather prone to speckling and chipping so that's not a bad one at all, IMHO.

  


Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 2792
Joined: Feb 10, 2003
Last Visit: Dec 05, 2022
Location: Olde London Towne

Post Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:37 pm 
 

faro wrote:Did the sellotape, freebie rust monster and general poor condition put anyone off bidding on the Dungeoneer and the correction sheet? ;)


yes.  :)

  


Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 188
Joined: Jun 30, 2004
Last Visit: Feb 21, 2021
Location: Del Norte, CO

Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:37 pm 
 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

Someone must have made an offer they couldn't refuse.

  
PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 24 of 111123 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 109110111